Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    Is this out already then? One of you should start a First Play thread for the full game.
    yeah thats true i'll draft out something meaningful to say and write it out and make a first play thread or contribute to one - I think a fair few people here have the full game now...?

Comment

Shozuki got the import, wish i did. Thats one sexy cover. Strider is either playing a promo or review code.

Comment

yeah i've had the 360 promo for a week and am now playing through on PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
          Shozuki got the import, wish i did. Thats one sexy cover. Strider is either playing a promo or review code.
          yeah, and a half - its quite a nice collectors edition tbh - I thought the UK was getting something more uber but I couldnt find one - never mind pre-order!

Comment

Yeah the EU CE will bet out at 28.10.10 they had some printing errors in the production. The EU CE will come with the mask replica

Kind Regard
            Last edited by mrflay; 05-10-2010, 22:38.

Comment

Loved it. Just loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                That's good to hear. I have to confess the demo didn't feel very Castlevania or very impressive, but Edge and Games TM's 8's have me suspecting the full game is much better.
                I think it's just one of an ever increasingly long list of games that have an appauling demo. You know, the Uncharted 1 demo put me off getting that. I felt like such a tool when I finally got around to buying the full game.

The LoS demo is just a control tutorial and then a horse back section. There is no real gameplay to it at all so it is very dissapointing, I don't see why they couldn't include a decent hour long demo if it's a 20 hour game.

Comment

I must say the demo has done absolutely nothing for me. I do believe the full game will be better due to the comments in the first play thread, but they really should have provided a better demo if that is the case, because as it stands based on the demo it's a distinctly sub Dante's Inferno experience.

Comment

I thought the demo started promising, but I found the horse stage a bit dull. I have the game on its way, so I'm going to be giving it a good go.

Comment

The horse bit is terrible.

The thing about the demo is that it dosent actualy give you a proper level from the game, its just the opening tutorial and the bit that bridges that to the actual game.

I would guess it is suppose to get you excited to see what happens next or somthing, but it dosent, it just makes it seem like there Isnt much gameplay to the thing.

Comment

That's what I felt too. It needed just one meatier section to give me a taste of what the game is actually like, becasue my impressions based on the demo are totally at odds with Strider's first play impressions. I hate it when the demo diesn't actually represent the game. They may as well not bother.

Comment

Just played this, very late to the party, and it's my type of thing.

Beautiful (though quite generic) art design in the opening scene.
                          The combat is fine by me, nothing too missioning.
                          Good music.
                          QTEs are bearable.
                          Loved the phantom horsie. and that riding section was fine. On rails-Road Rash.

LOLZ at the book at the end though. Natascha 'McKelhone' - haha, bit of a spelling gaffe there.

Comment

Working...
                          X