Medal of Honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal of Honor

Just completed the single player campaign. Took about five hours on Medium difficulty. I like my games short, so the length didn't bother me at all.

Should come as no surprise, it's very Modern Warfare. It's done well though. The action feels great, it keeps a good pace, and there's some pretty epic battles. On the down side, it's very scripted. I kept advancing and dieing repeatedly only to discover you're supposed to keep back and wait for an air strike. There's not much AI going on either. Enemies run to cover and stay there waiting for you to kill them. They occasionally throw a badly aimed grenade.

Still, like I said, some really good shoot outs in this. The ending is a bit poor, though

Medal of Honor PS3 on ebay
    Medal of Honor Xbox360 on ebay
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

5 hours? That is a joke.

Comment

worth a rental then?

Comment

Havent played the SP yet, only the MP. & why is that? Because for some stupid reason EA/Dice haven't included a southpaw option on the SP, but have included southpaw for the MP!!
        Will have to email EA with a stern letter regarding that.

MP is good actually. I like it. Very BFBC feeling. People are apparently complaining that anything other than the Sniper rifles arent accurate, but I've not had any problem bumping ppl off from a distance with an M16/M4. Grenades detonate a little too quickly for my liking & the stab function is a little slow reacting, but apart from that I'm really liking it.
        Sound effects are pretty amazing on the weapons & they echo amazingly in the distance.

Comment

I played and finished the Ps3 version in 2 days. I find this to be a very awesome game, despite its shortcomings.

Campaign is a tad short (but really no shorter than MW2), but I found it had no single weak moment. Especially liked the gunship parts and the ATV's. I finished the game on Hard (yeah the ending sucks, its kind of sudden) and its one of the easier FPS out there. On the plus side it will hardly ever frustrate you, its no checkpoint rushing CoD affair (for the most part anyway) and just good fun. The sound effects are marvelous and add to the atmosphere.

Multiplayer i completely dig, and I bought MoH for this as I liked the PC Beta. I am sick of CoD's fast arcade style, killstreaks and soulless design. I like BC2 more but I don't like big maps and vehicles. MoH is a CoD Battlefield hybrid. I absolutely like section control and TDM in this. I think this will tide me over until KZ3 hits.

Frontline is also included, its still kind of fun when playing with modern controls.
          Last edited by saturn-gamer; 14-10-2010, 21:24.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
            I am sick of CoD's fast arcade style, killstreaks and soulless design. I like BC2 more but I don't like big maps and vehicles. MoH is a CoD Battlefield hybrid.
            I felt the same about this. Its nice to have smaller maps but having to think your movements out rather than running around like Rambo.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
              Havent played the SP yet, only the MP. & why is that? Because for some stupid reason EA/Dice haven't included a southpaw option on the SP, but have included southpaw for the MP!!
              Will have to email EA with a stern letter regarding that.
              The singleplayer and multiplayer are actualy two seperate games by seperate developers, thats why, DICE had nothing to do with the single player.

Of course all games should probabaly include the option, but they dont.

Comment

I'm enjoying this quite a bit. In fact, I'm only now switching off the PS3 and I started playing at about 9 this evening (though I did take a break for a cuppa / 20 minutes of Naruto which I also bought today).

The first mission is a bit meh but the more you play the more the game grows on you. The first mission is not helped by the drab, night time setting as day missions are quite pretty with some nice lighting and particle effects.

The main shooty missions are separated by short vehicle sections which are okay. The ATVs suck - they just have no feeling of acceleration or deceleration they just go and stop dead but the Apaches are amazing!!

The ridiculous levels of US back slapping machismo are actually quite good and get you fully into the "hua" spirit that the game tries to evoke as America tries to sort out everybody elses problems.

There needs to be some sort of glossary though as there are so many acronyms flying around that it can make things quite hard to follow. Also, the majority of speech is through radio chatter so it isn't always easy to hear. The weapon effects are amazing though!!

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the SP mode now it's found it's stride. It seems though that just as it finds that stride it ends if others are to be believed so I'll have this done by mid morning tomorrow!

Comment

Liking these positive impressions, maybe I'll pick it up after all.

EDIT: Also, screw American spellings.
                  Last edited by Number45; 15-10-2010, 06:27.

Comment

How's the multiplayer compared to the Beta? EA had mentioned making improvements based on feedback and it was quite rough around the edges and on the lower end of fthe framerates which could make fine aiming finnicky. Is it still the same or tightened up?

Comment

There's no such thing as a Medal of HonoUr. If you want British, the game should be called Victoria Cross.

Comment

So, they've spelt the name of their most prestigious military award wrong. Those crazy Americans.

Comment

Really enjoying this , the Single player mode is great, and the Multi Player mode is a joy and a great laugh . I just wish the graphics were better, Piss poor Unreal tech and textures strike again

Comment

Aye, and there's some weird stuff going on with the LOD. Holy **** the sheep scared me in that one act.

Did anyone have any problems with the sniper missions? The timed takedowns never went like they should have in my game. In MW, they tell you which guy you should be taking out ("I'll take the one on the right"). Here it's "On your go" and then we shoot at the same guy

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                              There's no such thing as a Medal of HonoUr. If you want British, the game should be called Victoria Cross.
                              Lolz. Victoria Cross: Modern Communter 2

Fight your way through the underground when the Victoria Line gets suspended at 8:20am on a Monday Morning.
                              Amazing graphics! See the spit fly from angry mouths!
                              Sound effects to die for with real Step Away from the Doors sound!
                              Short single player campaign. Get from the platform to the replacement bus service in just 20 minutes!
                              Amazing multiplayer game - it's a bit like L4D, only with more zombies.

Comment

Working...
                              X