No announcement yet.

Medal of Honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ItsThere: I love your game pitch. However the default commuter weapon would have to be the 'raised eyebrow' + 'tut' combo, devastating when combined with the 'disapproving head shake'.

Comment

I hate UE3 with a passion, but at times this looks much better and broader than CoD for example. Mostly down to details and environmental destruction. At other times MoH looks kind of horrible (rough textures, pop up etc). I think especially night sections in the mountains look great. UE3 is also decent when it comes to raw visuals, which fits with the hellhole called Afghanistan.

The MP is powered by Frostbite and looks good for a multiplayer. Its no 60fps, but much more interactive and warfare like.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
        @ItsThere: I love your game pitch. However the default commuter weapon would have to be the 'raised eyebrow' + 'tut' combo, devastating when combined with the 'disapproving head shake'.
        Super Move: shoudler barge through crowd.

Hidden mini game: is she pregnant or just fat?

Comment

Finished the SP now. Took about 7 hours. So just the right length for me.

Good stuff, decent firefights and feeling of being in a battle.

Only real annoyance is when you're given directions if here to fire and you can't see where the enemy is despite thinking you're looking in the right place.

I've rated it 8.

Comment

I've been playing the multiplayer and its awesome BUT , this game favours american players, cause they seem to have host advantage and be slighty quicker, bet the servers are US side, plus the PS3 version needs patched whenever a friend logs onto PSN it lags and freezes up momentarily, just sucks big time.
            Regarding the single player , i wonder how EA didn't licence the Crytek engine, seeing that the crytek boys are under the EA banner and would do a much better job than U3 engine.
            Last edited by MisterBubbles; 15-10-2010, 18:04.

Comment

only picked this up as i got 28 quid trade for Halo...

had a quick few rounds of the MP...its ok, usual ass kicking for me but there seems to be few spawn points and lots of spawn point campers! def not a fan of spawning then insta dying!!

single player is as expected...MW with slightly different controls. decent fun so far.

Comment

and also VERY easy indeed....walked it on hard. died 4 times and I normally struggle on these games on anything above normal!! missed a couple of cheevs tho.

hopefully Tier1 mode holds a decent challenge!

Comment

Done 3 of the missions from the SP on hard and jeez louise it's easy. Not complaining though, preferable to a grenade spam fest or some such Multiplayer is pretty much like the Beta, it's decent fun but altogether nothing to touch COD or Battlefield

Comment

Where is the Frontlines game only on the special edition?

Comment

Seems to be on every version (maybe just first prints), I got no special version whatsoever and Frontlines is on the disc and boxart. Its a whopping 6gb though.

Tier 1 is hard and it seems the game is designed for Tier 1. There are no cheap deaths and if there were you would have no chance in Tier 1. Because Tier 1 = one life for a whole chapter, limited ammo and lesser health. And a time limit.

Comment

Ah thanks saturn, is it hidden in the menu's can't find it?

Popping melon's with that sniper rifle is BRUTAL.

Comment

I cant seem to find Frontlines either and I have the limited edition (which is qquite possibley the most piss poor limited edition ever btw, it dosent even come in a special case or anything).

Anyway the game itself is great, odd that the reviews have been so mixed, though as people have said its very easy even on hard, so far i think Ive only died when messing about trying to get achievments.

Comment

Originally posted by analog dog View Post
                            Where is the Frontlines game only on the special edition?
                            PS3 only.

Played through the single player campaign on the default setting and enjoyed it.

Started the whole thing again on hard, but found at the end of the opening mission a big amount of level/graphics corruption. The buildings were missing bar some door frames and enemies hidden/invisible until you entered their range. As the walls were missing they where no longer obstacles and you could end up right on top of enemies who could return fire on me completely in the open. Restarting the last checkpoint failed to fix it so unless I started the whole mission again, I had to chose to play two checkpoints like that before clearing the final part and moving onto mission 2. This happen to anyone else?

XBOX360 Slim 250g installed game BTW.

Comment

Ps3 only? ahh, explains it then.

Lets face it the game is crap these days anyway... and why the hell is it 6gb?

There are certainly some bugs in this, i keep having to stab my A.I. guys to make them stop running against walls and halting my progress.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                                I cant seem to find Frontlines either and I have the limited edition (which is qquite possibley the most piss poor limited edition ever btw, it dosent even come in a special case or anything).

Anyway the game itself is great, odd that the reviews have been so mixed, though as people have said its very easy even on hard, so far i think Ive only died when messing about trying to get achievments.
                                i never even died that way...ran around the airfield level getting the pistol and knife kills as if i was easy mode...

i died more getting in the way of sripted events like 2xgrenades from my buddies during the "spider hole" scene late on.

glad to hear tier 1 is hard tho as i did really enjoy the game despite the difficulty

Comment

Working...
                                X