Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
    After only playing one event it would be foolish to rule it out just yet.

OK so the demo hasn't done itself much favours (at least 2 or 3 events would of been better) but I am sure it will get better. It has to, right?
    The full version is now getting very good reviews. Either the demo has damaged its potentail beyond repair, or some of you may be eating humble pie!

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
      The full version is now getting very good reviews. Either the demo has damaged its potentail beyond repair, or some of you may be eating humble pie!
      I think reviews from advertising supported media are now tarnished to the point of irrelevence, you can only judge what you see for yourself or from people who you know share your views.

Eurogamer who gave this a 9/10 managed a follow up piece on F1 2011 and what the team had learnt and didn't even mention the bugs or patch needed to get 2010 playable.

I am though interested to see whether the spate of positive reviews are simply because this is a terrible demo of an excellent title or simply bought by EA advertising revenue.

Comment

The demo gives you an example of how the game's going to play for the cops and the racers, without showing you everything. You get to see how it plays and feel how it handles, I really don't understand the hate this demo has been getting. :/

Comment

Well I watched another video from a german review and it looks a lot of fun. I am going to try the demo again as it just didn't grab me at all. Been playing a lot of PS2 Hot Pursuit and I love that.

Comment

I think alot of people just wanted to hate the demo for some reason, which is odd considering that people seemed to have high expectations of the game.

Of course maybe they just wanted an excuse not to buy it becuase there are so many great games coming out around this time of year.

Im not even a fan of racing games and I enjoyed the demo, which makes sense really, I do like the games of the developer despite the genre.

Comment

This game does look like fun imo.

It does have Free roaming which I hate (because you'll get these terrible track layouts), but its luckily not for the career and races so its all good. EA demo's say it all. You guys should try MMA full game, its far better than the demo was.

Problem is GT5. I've kind of started to believe it will hit stores this month. For me no use in buying NFS when GT is around, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                This game does look like fun imo.

It does have Free roaming which I hate (because you'll get these terrible track layouts), but its luckily not for the career and races so its all good. EA demo's say it all. You guys should try MMA full game, its far better than the demo was.

Problem is GT5. I've kind of started to believe it will hit stores this month. For me no use in buying NFS when GT is around, probably.

My problem right there. To many good games not enough money or time.

Comment

I got it pre ordered and can´t wait to get my hands on this , I'm ready for some online FUN arcade racing !!

Comment

I think we should have some cross platform time trial action on this.

Comment

yep, that could be quite interesting !

I really hope a lot of people on my friends list will get this game !!

Comment

Tried the play the demo again only to find it was no longer 'active'. Awful demo just became even more awful!

You get to see how it plays and feel how it handles, I really don't understand the hate this demo has been getting. :/
                        That was the problem, it handled like **** in my opinion. Unless someone can exlpain why the full game is so much better than the demo then I will be passing.

Comment

Agreed Pete, I found it rather dull but went to have another go and couldn't. EA are a joke. I put on the PS2 Hot Pursuit game and that is still superb to play, especially on extreme handling.

Comment

How exactly did it handle like ****?

It basicaly handles like Burnout games handle. So unless you think burnout handles **** you cant relaly think this handles like ****.

And if you think burnout handles badly then you dont know what you are on about becuase Burnout is awesome... and as Ive said, this plays like Burnout .

Lots of hate for this with no real reasoning behind it at all.

Wasnt the greatest demo ever (which is probabaly why its been "deactiveated") but you can still tell the game plays well from it if you havent got a stick up your bum about it.

I actualy find it funny that people are giving it a second chance now some people have actualy played it with an open mind and said they enjoyed it, though that means it was actualy a bad idea for EA to pull it, as that just gives them more reason to dump hate on it again.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 13-11-2010, 11:33.

Comment

It handles nothing like Burnout. I also love Burnout which is why I had high expectations for this, why anyone would want to hate this I do not know.

It has nothing to do with giving it a second chance now that "people have played it with an open mind". I was trying to play it again because when I first tried it half the demo didn't even work!

Comment

It felt nothing like Burnout to me and I am glad it didn't but it didn't feel great. Burnout handles well within its own style.

Also Rmoxon you say you are finding it funny because people are listening to others and trying to give the game a second chance. Why is that funny?

Comment

Working...
                                X