Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    It felt nothing like Burnout to me and I am glad it didn't but it didn't feel great. Burnout handles well within its own style.

Also Rmoxon you say you are finding it funny because people are listening to others and trying to give the game a second chance. Why is that funny?
    Its funny becuase people seemed detirmed to hate it for no aparent reason and they said they didnt like it at all, thought it was absolubte garbage, but then a few comments saying its good makes them want to try this "garbage" again.

Personaly if I hate somthing to the point that I think its as **** as people on here have said, im not going to try it again just becuase a few people say they like it, If somthing seemed so bad first time around I must have thought quite alot about why that was, so trying it again wont change my mind.

It just all seems very suspisious to me.

Anyway I still maintain that the cars handle like the ones in Burnout, it has has the same kind of feel, pretty much the same mechanics and it does seem very much like Need For Speed: Burnout to me.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 13-11-2010, 15:14.

Comment

Suspicious in what way?

For the record, I didn't get on at all with Resi 4 a few years ago. Then last year I had a friend come work with me full time and he went on about Resi 4 so much I just had to play it. I loved it in the end.

It happens.

Comment

Suspicious in what way?

For the record, I didn't get on at all with Resi 4 a few years ago. Then last year I had a friend come work with me full time and he went on about Resi 4 so much I just had to play it. I loved it in the end.

It happens.
        Well maybe I'm wrong, and Im not saying it about everyone who didnt like the demo, but I just got the impression that some people just didnt want to like it thats all, but then realised that they may have missed out on a potentialy good game by being that way.

I personaly dont really understand how you can hate somthing and then go back to it and love it, but I guess thats just me.

Ocasionaly we are in bad moods or whatever when we try things I suppose and that may effect the impression somthing leaves on us, but quite a few people said they hated the demo for this and now it seems like every single one of them has either changed their mind or wants to give it another go, its just odd really.
        Last edited by rmoxon; 13-11-2010, 15:47.

Comment

Well the first time I played the Castlevania demo I didn't like it. Gave it another go and enjoyed it the second time.

The only people who hate things for the sake of it are PES fanboys!

Comment

Well the first time I played the Castlevania demo I didn't like it. Gave it another go and enjoyed it the second time.

The only people who hate things for the sake of it are PES fanboys!
            The Castlevania demo was rubbish though, Im not suprised the game didnt sell very well (at least I dont think it sold well). Not that I loved the game or anything but it was alot better than the demo showed it to be.

I try not to put too much faith in demos anyway, I usualy know wether I want a game or not before I play a demo of it and they rarely (if ever) change my mind. You get a better impression from watching videos of the game online than you do from playing a 5 minute demo most of the time really.

Comment

Nothing about the handling in this reminded me of any of the Burnout games. Most of my first race was spent trying to balance the oversteer and just stay on the road, in Burnout cars will almost auto correct when it comes to the handling.

It didn't take long to get used to the new handling model but I would never have guessed that it was Criterion who developed this game from the handling.

As I've mentioned before, I actually enjoyed that the handling was so different to their other games but my only real concerns are that I imagine the two types of gameplay (Chasing cars & avoiding cars) are going to get old pretty quickly.

I'm still unsure as to whether I'm going to buy this at launch or not as I've got a few games to trade in but the real issue for me is that Gran Turismo 5 is out five days later. Although they're obviously completely different styles of game I'm unsure if I want them both so close together, especially as if I wait a few months I'll probably be able to get it for half the price.

Comment

Going by your one man at times GT5 thread John, GT will keep you going for far too long to need this game.

Comment

I've always enjoyed that series though, maybe as much for Yamauchi's absolute passion and love of what he does as much as the game itself.

Each of them has it's own flaws much but there's still something that just feels right for me in them. I understand that some people really don't like them but I don't think people are wrong to not like them.

Anyway, enough of GT5! They're very different games really although I do feel at the moment this would probably end up on the shelf with a load of other driving games a week after it's released.

I'd be very surprised if I didn't get it at some point though. Although there's been a few decent ones there hasn't really been any driving games on this end of the scale since Paradise City which have held my attention in the way Criterion's last game did.

I enjoyed this and I have confidence in them so I will almost definitely play it at some point.

Comment

Yep, I had the same when I first played this demo, the cars in the demo didn't handle anything like Burnout, but after a few goes I was drifting around the corners just like I did in previous Burnout games, just the intial steering feels a lot heavier but when up to speed and drifting from corner to corner filling up your boost felt really good. Also worth mentioning is I played a different demo at GamesCon with some of the faster cars (Porsche GT3) which felt much more like Burnout, the cars felt much more direct and easier to change direction then the cars in this demo. Since I don't think they changed the handling after Gamescon I think it comes down to which cars you are racing with in the final game.

After all the simracers I played the last few years I can't wait to get my hands on a decent arcade racer and have some real FUN online !!
                    Last edited by TheForce; 13-11-2010, 17:57.

Comment

The handling in this is definitely not like Burnout - this was my main concern when I heard that it was 'closer to GT' in terms of handling. Having said that, it's tight without being too heavy or too forgiving - crucially for me it was fun and very easy to get the hang of.

As for bemoaning the demo not being available any more, it was always a timed demo due to expire on the 9th (I think that was the date anyway).

EA must be quite gutted that GT is due out the following week though, there's no question it's going to eat into sales on the PS3.

Comment

GT would by out by the 2nd otherwise. Question is if I would buy NFS when I would be deeply involved with GT5 by now. I'll likely buy NFS now to tide me over as I grew sick of **** Ops real fast.

Comment

I expect to get much more from the online in NFS, which is why I'm more than likely going to get that and wait for GT - which I can play offline at any time as it doesn't rely on friends playing it to get the most out of it.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to Autolog and busting my friends times.

45, you getting this on PS3?

Comment

It's the only platform I own.

Comment

I will definitely be picking this up some point this year. Ashame it's too close to GT 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X