No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [X360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't played Hardcore S&D since MW2 since my mates don't like it as it's so sneaky and slow paced but I think it's great fun. I hate campers in normal games but Hardcore demands you hide and take it slowly which is such a different experience to normal CoD modes that everyone should try it for a change.

Comment

I got shown this game last night and was amazed it had zork in it.

Comment

Anyone else getting frequent disconnects on this (PS3)? It's starting to get on my tits, now. Almost as bad as Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Comment

is it just me or is there way more campers in this compared to MW2? i play alot of HC free for all, and you see them just sat there waiting in corners.
          im all for strategically placing yourself, but surely it must get boring staring at one spawn or choke point the whole game?

how do we all feel about people drawing swastikas for their player card logo? i doubt theyre devote buddhists either...

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            Anyone else getting frequent disconnects on this (PS3)? It's starting to get on my tits, now. Almost as bad as Battlefield Bad Company 2.
            Wireless I was getting loads, especially on Ground War, stuck an ethernet cable in the back and it seems a lot better. What type of connection are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by burntoutbanger View Post
              Wireless I was getting loads, especially on Ground War, stuck an ethernet cable in the back and it seems a lot better. What type of connection are you using?
              Yeah it's wireless and a fair distance from the router, so that could be it. Never had problem with it with MW2, though. Anyway I'll dig out my ethernet cable and give it a try...Ta

Comment

Maybe the disconnections were related to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  Maybe the disconnections were related to this?
                  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...hing-down.html
                  LOL. Kudos to that kid. Very enterprising, and clearly inspired by underhand Cold War espionage ethos of the game.

Comment

Finished it last night and its worse than world at war which is also poor

The part in the game where he was figuring out the numbers was awful, I just wanted to claw out my own eyeballs if it sped things up

Gave it a 4 and how someone gave it 10 is beyond me, if that's a 10 then modern warfare is a 25/10

Comment

It's all about the online Mr Broon.

Comment

Yup true, I would rate the single player a 7 maybe. It's entertaining, nice guns, good set pieces, etc, but by the book so nothing really new or innovative.

Multiplayer however I have to rate it a 10, based on the fact that I've played it for about 80 hours so far, which is easily more than any other games I've played this year. Possibly put together! And because of the strength of the dead cert 10/10 of the multiplayer including the Zombie mode which is a nice break from time to time, I would give it an overall rating of 9/10.

Comment

I think the mp is superb. Definitely a 10/10 for me. Found my new favourite toy, the L96A1 with ACOG scope and suppressor. It sways which is highly annoying considering the assault rifles don't with an ACOG, but if you get the shot on, it's instant, silent death. I also love the suppressed M16 with reflex sight. Looks so cool, especially with camo. My only gripe is the CoD points as I never seem to have any. Why they don't let you use your purchases across all guns is baffling, but still.
                          Last edited by Richard.John; 13-12-2010, 23:09.

Comment

Ooft I have not used a gun with a sight on it in this since before presenting for the first time and im now on 4th! Really can't stand them. Get on so much better without sights.

And it's a shame sniping is wrecked in this. I did hate the constant sniping in Mw2 so it's nice to have a break from it but I like normal sniping, none of this no scope quick scope pish, but you can't normal snipe anymore. Rarely get one shot kills unless playing Hard ore!

Comment

Update today, but I'm not entirely sure for what end. Maybe all the stuff they were talking about like nerfing second chance pro etc?

Anyway, my new toy is getting all ninja/supressor/ghost and using decoy to lure people to their doom! Amazing fun and seems to work a fair bit.

Comment

Here is what the patch does:

Issues Addressed:
                                ? Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
                                ? Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
                                ? Addressed issue that prevented the ?Load MP by Default? option from saving when other specific option combinations were set.
                                ? Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
                                ? Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
                                ? Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
                                ? Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
                                ? Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
                                ? Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
                                ? Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
                                ? Prevention of Gunship and Chopper Gunner failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
                                ? Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
                                ? Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:
                                ? Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
                                ? Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
                                ? Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users ? increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
                                ? Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
                                ? Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
                                ? Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
                                ? Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

Comment

Working...
                                X