No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [X360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm faring really well with the FAMAS though I can see they've nerfed the assault rifle class quite substantially. Anything long range takes some finesse on the triggers as the recoil is just OTT. That said I am coming out of matches with at least 2.0 K/D ratios and 15+ kills.

Sniping is nerfed a bit too much in this. They have that initial sway motion when you ADS so really you have to camp but for me that's what it was all about anyway, not sprinting around and quick-scoping people from 10m. They do need to scale it back a few notches though as it's a tad too harsh to make them a usable class and yes... quite a few levels dont lend to sniping at all.

Some work there on the weapon balance would pay dividends but really they dont want to make it derive back to MW2 style sniping because that was complete bollox anyway. I still think COD2 had the best sniping and W@W wasnt bad either. I have a feeling sniping as a whole is going to come back into its essence in hardcore matches with the HUD gone and damage ramped up. We will see.

Comment

PS3 version COD LAG OPS

Comment

I don't agree with some of the nerfing they have done but quick scoping was cheap - glad to see tha back of it. I've used the sniper class a few times in domination, nice couple of spots on Villa.

I like to play domination to win, not to rack up the kills, too many gametypes are ruined by those playing them like TDM or FFA

Comment

I agree with this, its a shame some stuff has been nurfed. But I am not crying about the no scopers running off back to MW.

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
          I don't agree with some of the nerfing they have done but quick scoping was cheap - glad to see tha back of it. I've used the sniper class a few times in domination, nice couple of spots on Villa.

I like to play domination to win, not to rack up the kills, too many gametypes are ruined by those playing them like TDM or FFA

Comment

LOL, yeah I pretty much get good kill streaks when the same people go to the same locations in the map. Always little groups of three and you can kill at least two a time. They never learn either.

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
            That's what I'm on about though, I never use previously cheap weapons like the shotguns or sniper rifles. The use of proper traps revolves around knowledge of the maps and the ability to lure opponents where you want them to go. It doesn't always work but it's great when it does, it's amazing how many players as well are incapable of learning from their mistakes and can fall for similar tactics repeatedly. Though sometimes it gets into a bit of a battle of wits where another decent player tries out maneuvering you. Using such approaches like that certainly isn't cheap, it's outsmarting the enemy

Comment

I bought the PC version and the game runs like a snail on older computers. C2D 2.4ghz, 4gb ram 8800GT, even all setting set to low + lowest resolution make no difference at all which is strange. Crysis + all other modern games runs so much better compared to Black Ops which let's face is not a ground braking game with some eye candy gfx, it's a dx9 console port that runs on old engine. MW2 runs so smooth on my system. Basically this is the very first game I have played on my pc that is unplayable and I have played most if not all fps on pc.

Wasted £30 to be honest.

Comment

Anyone here been trying the movie editor? I got stuck in last night and had a load of fun with it. It's really easy to use. You can make some comical stuff about dumb kills and blunders (which describes my fairly woeful play style), although most people use it in quite a boring way just to show off their pwnage/multikills, etc.
                Last edited by Golgo; 16-11-2010, 11:08.

Comment

I have rented thus today (PS3) to try out the Mulitplayer.

Have played a few FFA games and am not impressed. The sound issues mentioned in other posts are correct, the lack of footsteps noise is bad. The number of shots it seems to take to kill someone seems high compared to MW1 & 2 also.

It doesn't feel quite right either and seems jerky.

I will persevere but so far not that impressed (bear in in mind I played MW1 for 56 days and MW2 for 21 days)

Comment

I'm hearing footsteps loud and clear on PS3, 'cept from 'Ninjas'.

Comment

I hear footsteps (usually my own!) but the range of directional sound is way way short of MW2

Comment

It's the directional range and volume that has bothered alot of people, myself included.
                        As the only time you hear any kind of footsteps, other than your own (very amplified) clogs, is when they are practically 2-3 steps away from you. By then you're dead. Even more frustrating is when they spawn behind you and you can't hear them.

So it's a positive that Treyarch are looking into it, as it's (hopefully) in the next update.
                        It's also worthwhile dipping into this update thread now and then, as they have a list of what's done to the multiplayer.

Comment

well, I have tried but I think I actually hate this game.

normally can sit at these games sp and finish the lot in one sitting and enjoy myself (even the new medal of honor was decent enough fun while it lasted).

this time I cant stomach more than a level at a time. its taken me a week to get to the 'go up river on a boat' level.

played enough mp to get to level 10 and am too annoyed to play any more...why does it take so many shots to kill someone yet you die near instantly? dont think ive ever got so many 80 point assists on a game in all my life!!

maybe its the faults with the game (rubbish story, dated looks, annoying ai etc) or maybe its just FPS burnout but either way its going back to the shop friday for credit. going to have one last crack at finishing it tomorrow...

special mention goes to the truly abysmal voice work....not only the accents (the guy from avatar is awful...and why bother getting him and gary oldman then get them to do a foreign accent anyway?? its not like in a film where you actually see their face!!) but the fact they repeatedly tell you 'get down you are being hit'.

I KNOW I AM BEING HIT AS MY SCREEN IS TOTALLY RED AND I CANT SEE ANYTHING!!
                          Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 16-11-2010, 17:37. Reason: spelling like a moron

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                            I hear footsteps (usually my own!) but the range of directional sound is way way short of MW2
                            that is what I meant

Comment

Major server problems tonight in all games modes, the servers are truly shocking!!

Treyarch need to get their finger out pronto.

Comment

yeah I could barely finish a game tonight so I've given up!!

But I have to make a U-Turn on my previous post:
                                Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                                I tried to refrain from posting, but I just cant help it. I think this game is boring...

But I dont mean in terms of the game being bad per se - its just it feels like the same game ive been playing on and off for the last few years - genuinely cant really be bothered with this installment.
                                I've had a real blast with the Multiplayer modes for the last 3 days and simply loving it - I stand by the thought that the game is a bit too by the numbers, but it still remains incredibly enjoyable. Given the opportunity to re-vote i'd happily give this a 8.

If Treyarch/Activision can pull their finger out and sort out these major issues with the servers (on PS3 at least) I could well be a contender for GOTY for me...

Comment

Working...
                                X