Call of Duty: Black Ops [X360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo-V6 View Post
    Major server problems tonight in all games modes, the servers are truly shocking!!

Treyarch need to get their finger out pronto.
    I'll say it once, then probably a million times, we need dedicated servers.
    And look a few post back, its COD LAG OPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6 View Post
      Major server problems tonight in all games modes, the servers are truly shocking!!

Treyarch need to get their finger out pronto.
      I went on for a few games but gave up. They best get this sorted pronto.

Comment

Yeah I hear footsteps clearly too.
        You guys are brutal on the game. I think it's good enough to enjoy especially online. I don't think many other games off this level of satisfaction and pleasure of being online, as hard as it may be.
        Last edited by Supergoal; 16-11-2010, 23:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
          You guys are brutal on the game. I think it's good enough to enjoy especially online. I don't think many other games off this level of satisfaction and pleasure of being online, as hard as it may be.
          The thing is. I play with Headphones and in MW1 and 2 you can hear a mouse fart so good is their use of sound in the games. WOW and Black Ops are frankly crap by comparison and it does detract a lot from the game, hence the complaint.

The lag and jerky frame rates on the PS3 are unforgivable.

Se here for PS3 possible cause of lag

NextGenTactics is your best source for the latest and greatest Destiny content including The Dark Below DLC. We also enjoy a variety of other games including...
          Last edited by jim g; 17-11-2010, 06:05. Reason: added link and test

Comment

There is another for PS3 but similar. Basically all audio, party, matchmaking issues seem to have been acknowledged and are "in progress". That and the fact you can select the previous map in voting indefinitely... what bright spark thought that one up eh?

Comment

The reasoning for the lag makes some sense though I've only had one game where I'd say it affected the gameplay. As I've said before, it's certainly a more prevailent issue in other online console FPS's so the hate poured on COD always seems a bit much. Same goes for the whole visuals, frames, weapon balancing etc

I'm almost through the single player and whilst it's true that things improve I'm not knocked for six by it. I think it's kind reminiscent of Inception, the concept allows them to jump from location to location which in theory lets you do all sorts of set pieces with lots of variety which should be great but it does dent the consistency and stops it being as engaging as it could be. It's kind of nice that it's a semi-sequel to WAW though.

I shouldn't moan as I'm knocking 20hrs in a week in total but I get the feeling I might not put in the same number of hours here that I did with the last three simply due to wanting more variety in the genre's I play at the moment. With 2 new racers due and a lot of platformers on Wii I can find myself distracted easily. That said, I'm not going to score the game down because I fancy playing something else after several COD's in a row, I'd say 8/10. Zombies is better, the multiplayer is great but the single player holds it back a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                http://www.callofduty.com/board/view...isu6hl8es40l82

There is another for PS3 but similar. Basically all audio, party, matchmaking issues seem to have been acknowledged and are "in progress". That and the fact you can select the previous map in voting indefinitely... what bright spark thought that one up eh?
                huge list of fixes, still not convinced they will fix the sound.

Just a had game of Black Ops and then MW2 to compare - no comparison MW2 wipes Black Ops for sound, speed, guns accuracy, guns actually killing people. Shame MW2 (and Black OPs) has the stupid Akimbo running. Glad I only rented Black Ops - its going back.

If MW2 had ever got rid of boosting, akimbo and running like a twat it could have been masterful.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                  If MW2 had ever got rid of boosting, akimbo and running like a twat it could have been masterful.
                  Add "Ninja" to that list as well, everyone running around siliently is game breaking.

WTF is up with some of the spawn points in Free-for-all, the are ****ing terrible. They tested this, right?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    http://www.callofduty.com/board/view...isu6hl8es40l82

Nuketown? Just like being stuck in an infinate loop as soon as that comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                      Agreed. The amount of moaning here is ****ing phenomenal. Don't see the point of people comparing it now to MW1 and 2 at the 'end' of their lifespans when all the tweaks/patches had been made. Didn't MW2 collapse completely under its own server weight just a few days after launch?

Comment

MW2 still has all the issues of poor perk/weapon balance and had about 4 or 5 patches in the first few months to make it playable even. Oh and to stop the script kiddies ruining the game.

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                        Agreed. The amount of moaning here is ****ing phenomenal. Don't see the point of people comparing it now to MW1 and 2 at the 'end' of their lifespans when all the tweaks/patches had been made. Didn't MW2 collapse completely under its own server weight just a few days after launch?

Comment

pretty shoddy if you ask me gologo, this is meant to be a AAA title, im know there can be a few bugs n glitches but sometimes for me online its just unplayable, so number 3 i think only 999,999,997 to go , it needs dedicated servers.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                            pretty shoddy if you ask me gologo, this is meant to be a AAA title, im know there can be a few bugs n glitches but sometimes for me online its just unplayable, so number 3 i think only 999,999,997 to go , it needs dedicated servers.
                            I'm playing via fairly wonky Virgin wireless right now with a signal reaching PS3 at around 50-60%, and still it seems pretty stable. Tiny amount of lag now and then but nothing game breaking. Did you check my movies, by the way? Quentin Tarantino, me.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                              agreed.

Comment

The thing is Battlefield uses dedicated servers and STILL has connection issues on some games. There are loads of threads on the official forums moaning about not being able to connect.

I think most of the lag/connection issues are caused either by their own home network, other players having their network not set up correctly or the ISP's.

The most important thing for gaming is a low ping, mine is about 15/20 ms. The next if your going to host is up bandwidth. The actual download speed really doesn't have a huge effect.

While dedicated server improve the actual hit/movement detection and makes for no host advantage it doesn't mean a lag free/stable game.
                                Last edited by FelixofMars; 17-11-2010, 13:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X