No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [X360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got to say, this may be the worst in the series. there's just no variety. they have nerfed the sniper/shotguns to the point that ppl just dont use them, this game is pure run and gun and it gets tired fast.

and dont get me started on the spawning haha

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
      anyone else playing this in 3d,i only found out it had 3d side by side support last night , swithced it on and its fantastic
      Tried it and it doesn't work at all for me. I've got the full set up and this is the first game with 3D support that doesn't work. I think it's just badly implemented as it always defaults to it and wipes my settings so I have redo them for 2D everytime.

As for the run and gun comments, that's simply not true. Once you start learning the maps there's plenty nooks and crannies like usual to use to your advantage. The possibilities for setting traps in this one are far above the other COD's

Comment

that aint my style, setting traps for cheap kills is balls. i usto lo.ve sniping and mixing things up with shotguns but you simply cant do that in this game

Comment

I'm no sniper, but I have seen plenty of people sniping and getting kills racked up. Some of the 'cheap' snipers are moaning as they can't shoot from the hip with their guns now, but if you actually sniping then it shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

You can shoot from the hip with sniper rifles as a few guys have got me all the while they were concussed after it hit them with the grenade, only Pure TDM is any fun in MP to be honest, and single player is pretty generic, think a few years off would do COD good, but Bobby aint going to let that happen with the $$$ its bringing in.

And all the while amazing games like vanquish get shunned by the general public.

Comment

A bit off topic but, Vanquish does seem good but I don't think there is any value to it in terms of its a short solo player game. Also undeveloped when looking at their other title Bayonetta. But yeah I am not going to say COD:B Ops is the best game ever jut the value of buying it guarantees me a certain number of hours play and it will be polished enough to find enjoyment. I have limited myself to buying certain games at the moment and renting things that don't have as much play time sadly.

Comment

Sniping in Black Ops is utter garbage.

Very few of the maps have the kind of long sightlines you need to snipe effectively. And you do need a long line of sight in this game because you can't ADS quickly enough to be mobile and take people on at closer distances - rather unfairly, Sleight of Hand Pro is disabled for Sniper weapons.

That, plus the rifles are weak. Its a case of headshots only with most of them if you want a guaranteed one shot kill. In Black Ops, I'm afraid you have little option but to camp somewhere, wait for people to show up, and then aim carefully. I suppose that's more like real-like sniping, but it isn't much fun.

Comment

Well I must be enjoying it as I am about to go through prestiege for the second time on multiplayer.

Too me, the respawns need addressing and sometime lag seems to be a big factor in matches but overall I think it play very well. I enjoy the maps and think the graphics are good and the new extras/killsteaks/challanges are just right compared to the over the top ones in MW2.

Comment

Originally posted by FelixofMars View Post
                    A bit off topic but, Vanquish does seem good but I don't think there is any value to it in terms of its a short solo player game. Also undeveloped when looking at their other title Bayonetta. But yeah I am not going to say COD:B Ops is the best game ever jut the value of buying it guarantees me a certain number of hours play and it will be polished enough to find enjoyment. I have limited myself to buying certain games at the moment and renting things that don't have as much play time sadly.
                    Cant agree at all. Vanquish's single player game is probabaly actualy longer than the one in black ops, its also about 200 times better, which counts for alot.

Its one of the best action games Ive played in years and Alot better than Bayonetta for me.

Its also some what of a score attack game, so has plenty of replay value if youre intrested in that side of thimngs,. but even if you arent I think most people will want to play it multiple times.

For me it certainly has more value than this game by a long way.

Comment

I buy the COD games because of their value. This Christmas I can only afford a couple of new releases, and I picked Rock Band 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops up as I know Rock Band 3 will offer me single player value with my existing instruments and in local multiplayer, while COD offers unlimited online value as long as I don't get bored with it. It's one of the few games over the festive period where you are absolutely assured if a game no matter what time of the day you play. A lot of my friends will be on this and it's always a great laugh when there is a party of you playing.

I just think COD is one of these rare games where a lot of different types of gamers all play and enjoy it, and it's one of the few games that unites a significant portion of my friends list, especially my friends that I know from where I live, rather than you internet boys (not that there is anything wrong with you lot, MrKirov excepted ).

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                        (not that there is anything wrong with you lot, MrKirov excepted ).
                        Quoted for truth.

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                          that aint my style, setting traps for cheap kills is balls. i usto lo.ve sniping and mixing things up with shotguns but you simply cant do that in this game
                          That's what I'm on about though, I never use previously cheap weapons like the shotguns or sniper rifles. The use of proper traps revolves around knowledge of the maps and the ability to lure opponents where you want them to go. It doesn't always work but it's great when it does, it's amazing how many players as well are incapable of learning from their mistakes and can fall for similar tactics repeatedly. Though sometimes it gets into a bit of a battle of wits where another decent player tries out maneuvering you. Using such approaches like that certainly isn't cheap, it's outsmarting the enemy

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                            Quoted for truth.
                            I R SHAMED.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                              That's what I'm on about though, I never use previously cheap weapons like the shotguns or sniper rifles. The use of proper traps revolves around knowledge of the maps and the ability to lure opponents where you want them to go. It doesn't always work but it's great when it does, it's amazing how many players as well are incapable of learning from their mistakes and can fall for similar tactics repeatedly. Though sometimes it gets into a bit of a battle of wits where another decent player tries out maneuvering you. Using such approaches like that certainly isn't cheap, it's outsmarting the enemy
                              i wouldn't say snipers were cheap, i takes skill to take ppl out from long distance consistently, i never used them off the hip myself. shotguns were cheap tho, too much range/power but a welcome change. but in black ops snipers are useless, there not powerful enough and the maps dont allow for it which is a shame

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                                i wouldn't say snipers were cheap, i takes skill to take ppl out from long distance consistently, i never used them off the hip myself...

but in black ops snipers are useless, there not powerful enough and the maps dont allow for it which is a shame
                                Indeed.
                                I'm not a sniper guy, but can appreciate how much use a good sniper on your team can be. But the fact is, the line of sights in most maps are poor and that when there is one, it's on a useless part of the map. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a sniper, let alone being killed by a sniper bullet. They've just gone a little too far to eliminate the abuse of quick-scoping.

At the moment it's just all about AK74u + grip/ sleight of hand/ marathon run & gunning as the SMG's still seem pretty prevalent amongst every game I've been in.

Comment

Working...
                                X