No announcement yet.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [X360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing the 360 version and really liking this so far. Single player isnt really dragging me in but enjoyed what I have played so far.

Having a really good laugh on zombies, the 2nd map you unlock with the famous people is a really good laugh.

Spent most my time on MP, using the above points.

-Hit Detection: Running on 20mb BB had no problems, any matches that have had problems ge the host changed quick enough.

-Matchmaking Party: Normal affair as with other cod games. If you back out at the right point you can search again without anyone getting booted.

-Footsteps: Cant talk much on this as I play late on with minimum sounds.

-Guns: Liking the guns ive used so far, I used different perks/attachments for different ones. All good fun.

-Spawns: Not had any problems here but as the above poster said nuke town is broke. You can pop claymores down for free kills at each end of the maps were your most likley to spawn.

I have a set of friends who I always play this with as its been with all CoD's but I do think that helps with the gameplay factor. Playing Solo on MP I expect could get annoying.

oh and one last thing the arcade game "Awesome".

Comment

In relation to the mp issues raised here, seems the live update system is up and running. Treyarch have released the current list of fixes:

Live fixes
      - Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
      - Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
      - User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the "care package glitch")
      - Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
      - Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu
      - Users' rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions
      - Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
      - Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

In progress
      - Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
      - Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
      - Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
      - Additional improvements to party system

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

Comment

Just finished the SP.

Seems Treyarch are fans of

Fight Club

The last couple of levels were better than the earlier ones but still not brilliant.

Anyway, it's gone now. Don't have to think about it anymore.

Comment

lol says it all, I havent completed the SP and im just trading it seeing as its devoid of just about anything fun...

Comment

Give us dedicated servers, near 6 million sales and mass profits but Bobby is giving us the 2 finger salute, why do i buy this mince each year.
            Last edited by MisterBubbles; 12-11-2010, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Just finished the SP.

Seems Treyarch are fans of

Fight Club

My thoughts too, although

I'd guessed said twist pretty early on.

I thought the first half of the game was abysmal, then it picked up a bit in the second half, specificly

the jungle/nam levels and the Russian flashback.

Overall I'd rate the single player better than MW2, worse than MW and WAW.
              Last edited by Skull Commander; 12-11-2010, 19:27.

Comment

I played a game of HQ on nuke town tonight and iscovered 3 guys glitching off the map and racking up the kills.

Seems inevitable>..

Comment

Just went 63-20 playing Domination on Nuketown. Got 3 Blackbirds and a Gunship. We were about 197-150 down, then I brought out the Gunship and somehow we kept all three points until the end of the game and won it. Was crazy stuff!

Comment

The "quality" of this hasn't done much to dissuade that Treyarch are a poor man's Infinity Ward.

God help the "space marine" CoD that's due next year.

Comment

Wanna play the hidden zombie map? At the screen when in chair, break out and go to computer terminal then type
                      3arc (then space) unlock hit ENTER, so 3arc unlock
                      Enjoy new zombie map

Comment

there's about 10 of those console codes in there , love the fact that zork is there.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                          Wanna play the hidden zombie map? At the screen when in chair, break out and go to computer terminal then type
                          3arc (then space) unlock hit ENTER, so 3arc unlock
                          Enjoy new zombie map
                          Nice one cheers, I love DOA!

Comment

Completed this now and well, it wasnt very good.

The storyline is alot easier to follow than in the Modern Warefare games but thats hardly a good thing as the story is beyond ridiculous and was impossible to become invested in.

Its somewhat Ironic that for all the games attempts to be big and spectacular on a near constant basis the best level in the game was the one set in Russia during World War 2, it felt like a level that could have been taken stright out of Call of Duty 2, which just shows that the series was more fun back then that it is now really.

This is certainly one of the weekest COD games and Ive played them all, even the crappy ones on the PS2 and original Xbox (which in pure gameplay terms this hardly betters really)

At least Zombies is fun.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 13-11-2010, 15:30.

Comment

Old CoD's been better for sure. Even online CoD 2 might be the best one (on PC anyway) although it lacks the scoring system from MW onwards. I might trade BO in when GT is being released.
                              Last edited by saturn-gamer; 13-11-2010, 16:47.

Comment

It's interesting that the initials of this game are B.O because this game does stink!

Thangyooverymuch. I'm here all weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X