Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, PC)

Got the full version yesterday on Xbox 360 and it's, in a word, AWESOME!! I played for something like 4 hours straight yesterday which is pretty unheard of for me and the racing genre.

Looks great, with a draw distance that goes on forever. When you go through a tunnel as a Cop the Walls flash red & blue - looks ace! Just completed an event that started at 4am and the sun comes up as you race with some fantastic lighting. There are weather effects too which affect the handling of your car slightly - rain maks for some slick roads which equates to mega slides!!

Handles well, nice and weighty with a fantastic amount of control to your powerslides and a great selection of cars.

Autolog works well. Ezee Ryder recommended a certain event for me to try and it whisks you into it with a simple button press. It's really simple to see what other people have done and try and better their times. No connection issues either.

Presentation is ace and the whole social network thing ties it all together nicely. I've retried 1 event 7 times to try and beat a friends score!! There are some nice Achievements in there too based around certain things you have to do in certain events along with the typical progression based stuff. Not too many online ones either.

Not tried multiplayer yet.

Only real negative is the soundtrack but that's because it's not my cup of tea.

All in all, another cracker from Criterion.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

I loved the NFS HP 2 on PS2 years ago. I downloaded the demo on 360 few days ago but it didn't work anymore and played the game play movie only. I am definitely picking this up once I complete my recent purchases. Not sure if I want 360 or PC version though (I always prefer PC platform).

Comment

Is there an option for Manual Transmission? Or is it Automatic only?

Comment

Auto only. It's so fast that there's no time to think about gear change!

Played a bit more today and there's a fair bit of luck to complete some tasks. One attempt can see you fail whereas the next can see you take out 4 racers in less than a minute but you're not doing anything different.

There are also too many night races and it can be very hard to see where you're going.

Still great though.

Comment

I suspected there would be some luck in the Cop races just from the demo. When you have 10 people on your friends list within 10 seconds of each other, then all of a sudden someone goes 30 seconds faster you know something is up.

I personally could happily live without the Cop stuff entirely. I like my racers to be just that.

Comment

I decided that while I'm waiting for this to arive over the next few days Id give the iphone version a try...

You can only play as the cops in it, which is a bit strange as it dosent just have takedown events, there are also race events, in these 4 cops speed down the highway racing each other, doing the very thing they seem to want to stop criminals from doing in the other events .

Quite bizzare.

Comment

Lol @ the iphone version.

Can you guys post some multiplayer impressions when you've had a stab at it. I avoided the demo as I heard it wasnt that great but I am most interested in the online modes more than anything else.

Comment

nice to read all this ! My copy should arrive today, but my luck is that the post is on a strike .....

can`t wait to get into this !!

Comment

teddy, did you play the demo? Is it different?

Comment

Great to read some impressions that back up the reviews. First go on the demo was flakey but repeated play improved things and gave the impression this could be a winner, I reckon this'll be my main and I'll pick at GT5. Yup, I've ordered this

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      teddy, did you play the demo? Is it different?
                      I did, this looks a little more polished. I had weird stuttering in the demo that isn't in the full version.

The handling is about the same.

Comment

picking this up in the morning....

Baron Sqwelch is my tag, everyone add each other to get the friendly competition going (and unlock the friends list cheev )

Comment

Got the PS3 version today too. Will replace 360 as my main version.

teddymeow is my GT / PSN if anyone wants to own my times!!

Comment

Any particular reason for PS3 becoming the main ver?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
                              Any particular reason for PS3 becoming the main ver?
                              For some reason I've got it in my head that it would have been the lead platform. Something about Criterion using Sony platforms as leads in the past.

However, I'm using a US PSN account as my main so the Online Pass doesn't work. Looks like I'll be sticking with 360.

Bugger.

Comment

Working...
                              X