Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted for double post-ness!!
    Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 20-11-2010, 22:35.

Comment

Well ive been playing this, the rubber banding may indeed be there but as people have said its not evident, so thats nice.

I also like the soundtrack, it actualy seems to have decent tunes, (nothing wrong with 30 seconds to mars IMO but I guess thats just me).

Really liking the game so far anyway. Though I do have to point out that the difficulty is all over the place, some events are really challenging and in others you can net a gold with your eyes closed.

Still a very fun game though.
      Last edited by rmoxon; 21-11-2010, 01:53.

Comment

Im tempted by this, if its even half as good as Split Second then it will be worth a blind purchase for me. My only concerns are if its geared to Online play like Blur, if its not then I think a trip to the shop is in order.

Comment

Its 90 percent better than SS. The only thing NFS:HP doesn't have is explosions.

Comment

Awesome fun playing this. The only thing with the autolog, everytime my mate beats me, I just MUST beat his time lol. The great thing about it is its so easy to go to the game and start trying to beat it again.

Comment

I somehow doubt that, but you've sold it to me anyways!

Comment

Well I personaly thought split/second was garbage, I liked it at first until I realised it was completely broken in several areas.

This however, is an absolubtley brilliant game, its well made, mostly fair (though like all races that feature traffic does ocassionaly require a bit of luck), and just a joy to play.

Having said that I kind of feel its a little too slickly presented, with all the crap between races when it shows you what car youve unlocked and stuff, youre basicaly forced to wait a good 30 seconds (somtimes more if youve unlocked alot of stuff) in between races as it gives you a flashy presentation of what has been unlocked and thats not somthing im very keen on really.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post

Having said that I kind of feel its a little too slickly presented, with all the crap between races when it shows you what car youve unlocked and stuff, youre basicaly forced to wait a good 30 seconds (somtimes more if youve unlocked alot of stuff) in between races as it gives you a flashy presentation of what has been unlocked and thats not somthing im very keen on really.
                  Ridge Racer eat your heart out

Comment

I've spent a while playing this now and I'm really surprised to say that I'm struggling to get on with it at the moment. When I've been playing I seem to do two or three races then I just can't be bothered doing any more.

Are people just playing through the career unlocking new events or are you trying to beat your friends times?

I haven't been paying any attention to what other people are doing so far when it comes to times. I've completed races and then completed them again to improve my medals but I don't think the traffic is random is it?

I really don't think there's anything wrong with the game I'm thinking my lack of interest is probably down to me being disappointed that it's not Burnout Paradise & doesn't play like Burnout Paradise but that's my fault not the game's.

Maybe I need to give it some time and just leave it for a while then approach it down the line with a fresh outlook.

Comment

I've been going through the career before ducking back to events if a friend beats my time.

Loving it! Loving it!

Comment

Spent about 3 hours on this today just trying to beat my mate's time on the police chase from the demo(got 57 seconds, woo!). The gameplay itself is pretty damn good but the autolog feature makes it so much more addictive than your average racer. Never thought I'd see the day where I was loving a Need For Speed title.

Comment

Great game, i played for so long today i forgot there was even a multiplayer

I love the reventon roadster stats "Chance of owning one, 1 in 700,000,000" .... nice

Comment

This is just ace, did some Supercar events in the Gallardo etc. Those cars aren't just insanely fast, their controls are really responsive too. Zipping past traffic thats next to you at the blink of an eye or racing through that tiny gap in a roadblock, its thrilling.

Comment

After playing this over the weekend, I`m starting to get that tingle again like I did when I first played PGR2. The whole autolog system has been brilliantly done and the more people you have on your friends list playing this, the better it is.

Seacreast county looks lush and has plenty of variety in the scenery and roads you race around on. Recently done the level where you bombing down the motorway and with 8 players racing thats just total carnage with cars flying everywhere lol.

Love the pursuit chases to and reminds me alot of my chase hq days and have loads replay value when you keep having autolog popping up saying someone has beat your time

Weather effects are nice, especially the wet roads at night. Handling is spot on and love the drifting mechanics. Only downside is the music, which is pap but can easily be rectified.

Tried abit of online to which I can see myself playing alot as most races I played upto yet have been really close and have to bring your A game If you want to nick that 1st place position.

Anyone who hasn`t got into this yet, make sure you have other people playing it as thats where half the fun comes from If you haven`t add away.

Think I might have my GOTY right here

Comment

Quite stressful this, you minding your own business then get 'autolog breaking news' interrupt your plans as you see yet another time u thought was ok get walloped.

I love this as its not burnout paradise (too open) and not split second (cheaty and a one trick pony).

I really had my doubts from the demo and previews but criterion pulled this off, it's a really compelling package and spiritually feels a successor to the early burnouts.

Comment

Working...
                                X