Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know exactly what the patch yesterday was for? I've counted three new cars, but that's about it... maybe it was the promise from the video even though it hasn't made a million hits...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I got mine for £22.99 on the Game website, next day delivery too, impressive. Only played half an hour or so and this seems nice enough, a nice mixture of the awesome Most Wanted and Burnout.

Question - Is there any way of turning that police siren off other than turning the SFX down?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

Question - Is there any way of turning that police siren off other than turning the SFX down?

While driving as the police car hold down (Y) and it will turn it off.

Comment

Yes.
          Tapping the Y/Triangle button will cycle through the other types of sirens (3 in total) and holding the button will completely turn it off.

Comment

Fantastic, cheers I expect thats in the manual somewhere, but who ever reads those hey.

Comment

Chiiiiiiidddy Baaaaang!

Loving this. But i do wish that it was open world, it just keeps making me think back to Burnout Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                Chiiiiiiidddy Baaaaang!

Loving this. But i do wish that it was open world, it just keeps making me think back to Burnout Paradise.
                for me the open world ruined paradise, I like my racers closed.

they'll never keep us all happy I guess

Comment

It is open world, they have just lOcked off the tracks into specific courses. There is an option for free roam somewhere.

I prefer this Method of you choosing your races from the menu, it was a chore having to drive for 10 minutes to get to an objective on the far side of the map in B:P

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post

I kind of agree with you there, but probably my main criticism would be how long it takes to restart a race. You have to let it load, then you have to skip the opening cinematic. Which is a right pain when you are restarting a lot to get that better time.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      It is open world, they have just lOcked off the tracks into specific courses. There is an option for free roam somewhere.

I prefer this Method of you choosing your races from the menu, it was a chore having to drive for 10 minutes to get to an objective on the far side of the map in B:P

Totally agree. Just go to ANY race and press the yellow "Y" button for free roam.

This is perfect for me, three games in 1:

- Old school Burnout racing against the clock
                      - New school Takewdown racing
                      - Free roam racing in an amazing map with fantastic visuals at 60fps!

I really am enjoying this game, and for me, BO2 was the best as I just loved the feeling of being on a real motorway at 200mph! This game delivers that same feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post

Same here. Nothing worse than a race with no cars on the same part of the track and all crossing the line in opposite directions.

Comment

This really is superb, just been doing some of the fast lambo races, pure craziness!

The sense of speed is astounding and the slightly more real world handling compared to burnout makes it more satisfying when you pull of a nice high speed drift.
                          Speaking of drifts, this rivals Ridge Racer for some crazy long drifts!

Really loving this.

Also, I've not shed a single tear for the loss of the 60FPS, I don't think it makes any difference, even in such a fast game, if anything it makes it seem faster.

Comment

I didn't like this during the first 3 hours. Anyone who is on my friends list can look through my games and not find a single driving game there.

Driving games are my least favourite genre unless they have some arcade element to them and when I played this I was dissapointed to find it a bit too real.

Then I knuckled down and really tried to learn the physics and controls, I swapped my handbrake and brake controls around and changed my view to half in car.

I now love the game! I am still to master drifting and need to stop twitching my thumb left and right which slows me down. I prefer the cop mode but I am starting to get into races.

If anyone wonders why the hell I purchased a game in one of my least favourite genres it is because I felt like breaking my gaming habits. I am glad I did, although I am not up for beating Evil boris's or Jimtendo's times!

Comment

Just remember that most of the events can be revisited once you've unlocked faster cars

Comment

The sense of speed is great not just thanks to the graphics but the audio as well. The way it bleeds out the music/effects is really nice and I still get a tingle of nerves when I activate the turbo.

Comment

Working...
                                X