No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without an install to the HDD the game seems a bit slow - it's very much like Gran Turismo 4 in that the cars take a little while to appear etc. Even between license tests there's about 15 seconds of loading, without a HDD install.

Handling wise so far I think it's better than GT4, which I found to be attempting to be too realistic. This sort of handles more like GT3 - if that makes sense.

Presentation throughout is great.

EDIT: L3 activates horn, nice.
    Last edited by speedlolita; 23-11-2010, 13:10.

Comment

oh is there much scope for upgrading cars ? was always my fav thing in previous games and any customisation

Comment

About the same as before, not as advanced as Forza perhaps. I thought you couldn't at first, but then it turned out I'd clicked tuning whilst on the car and I could only use what I'd selected.

Using a go kart atm.

Comment

Graphics and music upto it?

Comment

Graphics seem very good, I only sit about half a metre away from my monitor so it's easy to see where the textures meet but otherwise looks great. Menu music is great - a little different compared to the other games mind, in game music is as you'd expect.

Seems to be no in car view on non premium cars, I thought they were going to include that but make the interior the same? Hm.
            Last edited by speedlolita; 23-11-2010, 13:28.

Comment

You mean it's not light jazz in the menus this time?

Comment

Well, there's like a central hub and there was some "easy listening" sort of music with a piano playing. But in the race navigation menu it's light jazz yeah.

Comment

I've edited my first post with more text.

Comment

I installed the first update and got greeted with this message

Delayed until March 2011

?Apologies for the delay. It's because time and labour were spent ironing the kinks out of complex system. I'm really sorry. Everyone, it's inexcusable... Wait a little longer.?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      Graphics and music upto it?
                      Yes! More info needed! I'd like to see some "Real" photos and video of it moving in game. Pref in HD!

Keep the impressions coming!

Comment

Just breezed through Sunday Cup in my Celica. Now I'm level 3 I'll take on A license test, licenses have requirements for entry as well as races.

Think I'll have a whiz round TopGear test track soon, did it on some simbin game but I'd like to see how Polyphony handled it.

Comment

Is one of you going to start a gallery thread for the photos & YouTube videos?

Comment

My internet isn't really good enough to upload stuff to youtube for it to be viewable in the coming week. I could take some pictures with my DSLR in a bit though, if people give me some suggestions.

EDIT: Got my A license, Int C. is at level 6 so I'll have to do some racing.
                            Last edited by speedlolita; 23-11-2010, 14:17.

Comment

The Photo Mode is excellent. Really turns them PS3 graphics into things of beauty like all the "bullshots". Not something I will get involved in much, but it's nice and pretty deep mode to have.

I have a great karting photo on my XMB now, but I'm unsure of how to get that on the net without transferring it via USB and uploading it myself somewhere.

Photos can be set as your in-game profile avatar which is nice.

Kart racing seemed dangerously fast and fun. Fun to a degree, don't expect Mazza Kart frolics It's still all sterile looking. However, I imagine that this will be good fun online with friends as a break from the gentleman's rules.

Will upload a photo very soon...
                              Last edited by hudson; 23-11-2010, 14:21.

Comment

I'm just about to do the karting experience special event. Looks really cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X