Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used x and square on my license tests

Comment

Looks like my Cross Battle Adaptor was affecting things. Controls are fine now after unplugging it and rebooting.

Comment

Doh! Good to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
          So yeah, when I finally got to play the damn thing it's about what I expected. If you like GT, you'll like this. Don't expect anything groundbreaking, just more content and prettier. Polyphony Digital don't seem to like change, it's still all very clinical, the cheesy menu music and geeky menus remain. Unfortunately, as far as I can see so does the conga-AI and lack of crash physics.

Handling is the reason why I'm buying this - much better than Forza in my opinion. I also love GTs gear suggesting which means I can turn off the race line without learning the tracks first. It's that crappy one from the PSP game anyway.

Looks like theres loads to do, with a wide variety of vehicles this time. Karts are great fun.
          Concerning things such as AI, damage & physics they've handled this differently to how it's been done before here you could adjust them at the flick of a switch.

In this you can't do that but they change based on your A Spec & B Spec levels. People seem to be able to access the closing video at around level 17 but a few people now are up in the 30s which apparently changes things quite a bit.

I've posted these already but they're from people who have gone up a few levels.

It's a pretty poor video but it gives a decent idea of what you'll get later on with deformation and body panels falling off.

The visual damage doesn't mean a great deal but it ties in with the physical damage.

Comment

Is there no damage in Arcade mode then? Tried yesterday but couldn't get anything to happen.

Comment

Brilliant, this game is. Doing License B and racing Sunday Cup brought me back to '98. Passed some Standards on the straight, checked them out... they look gorgeous.

No jaggies on 720p btw, even set it to Sharp mode.

But, head tracking... how? I went into the eye menu, adjusted some things.. and then? I was moving around, but nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                No jaggies on 720p btw, even set it to Sharp mode.
                In 1080p there are horrifying jaggy shadows underneath your car on grid starts.

Also, reflections on the bonnet and shadows on dashboards. You sure about that?

Can how does Sharpening work? Will it enhance my visuals?

The presentation is ace.

I've just done a NASCAR special event and you are talked through by some Jeff Gordon, a NASCAR driver. He's presented in GT in-game graphics. He's walking about the pits giving you some info and advice. Looks ace. You are eased in with some 'drafting' exercising. The second one, where I have to overtake 4 cars on Daytona is proving a little difficult at the moment.

Good stuff.
                Last edited by hudson; 23-11-2010, 20:54.

Comment

Just had a race on one of the night stages and the lighting was pap. It seemed like the standard cars projected no lighting while the premium cars had headlights. So two cars out of eight had lights on the road, the others did not.

Comment

I always noticed terrible jaggies in Prologue. But not in GT5 proper. What I did notice was some far distance pop-up in Tokyo.

And I was floored by the Rally. I used to, well, accept it in GT4 but didn't find it really memorable or anything. But GT5's rally feels amazing. Its lacking DIRT damage and ofcourse it has almost no tracks, but its gameplay, framerate and graphics are second to none. A full Rally game like this, i'd buy it

Comment

Apparently the 'hang' at logo because the servers aren't up isn't a crash - it just waits a LONG time before it times out.

Comment

I clicked on the social thing just now and my PS3 pretty much crashed. :X

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                          Apparently the 'hang' at logo because the servers aren't up isn't a crash - it just waits a LONG time before it times out.
                          Server should be up now. I logged into it at about 9pm.

Comment

i just want to get this game to go around the top gear test track

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              i just want to get this game to go around the top gear test track
                              Just did the first Top Gear track Special Event in VW Samba Buses.

Comment

did you beat terry wogans time ?

Comment

Working...
                                X