Dead Space 2 (PS3 / 360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Space 2 (PS3 / 360)

Been playing this since thursday and am currently up to level 10.

So far it's Dead Space, and it's excellent stuff. There are some really nice set-pieces, the zero gravity sections are far better and it's surprisingly tough. I played the original on Insane with just the plasma cutter and I'm dying quite a lot in this just on normal.

The new weapons are nice and meaty (the detonator is a particular fave thanks to the way you can drop mines to block off areas) some of the enemies are very scary (

there's a nasty one that runs at you really fast like a raptor

)

I've not played the multiplayer yet as I don't have an online pass.
    Extraction is also very good, looking ace in HD. Be aware though that it is a 3.5 gig install (like Medal of Honour it's included on the disc and isn't a code you downlod).

Here's a pic as well, just to prove I'm not stealing it.
    Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Got my Xbox 360 copy Saturday. It's great, I loved the first Dead Space so more of the same is fine with me.

This starts a lot faster and chucks the scares at you fairly quickly in the opening section. Also some really good "ewwwww" moments!

Top. Class.

Comment

loved the first one, and jumped out of my seat alot with the 'ol monster closets and the grabby tentacle thing that drags you through the corridor.
      i take it the level of shocks hasnt decreased in this game too then?!

this will be a day 1 purchase for me on 360. is extraction on that too?

Comment

Nay extraction is only on PS3 version.
        Seriously cannot wait for this to drop through my door, I am off this week so hopefully it will land wed/thurday.

Comment

They've not officially revealed a port of Extraction for XBLA, but there was rumours of it being worked on in tandem to the PSN release.

I imagine it'll turn up at some point, once the PSN exclusivity has passed and they want to try and make a few more dollars. If they do it would be good if they could get it to work with Kinect in a meaningful way - the Move controls are probably pretty close to those on the original Wii release.

Comment

How many changes of underwear will i be requiring compared to the first game? as i went through quite a few 3 packs with that game lol

Comment

Is Extraction Move only or can it be played with a controller?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Both.

Comment

Was going to go for the 360 version, but now with Extraction and the game on a single disc its persuaded me to go for the ps3 version.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    I doubt extraction would be worth playing with a controller, its a fantastic game but its still a lightgun game at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                      Was going to go for the 360 version, but now with Extraction and the game on a single disc its persuaded me to go for the ps3 version.
                      ps3 wins?

for once.....

poor xbox gamers...
                      Last edited by dvdx2; 24-01-2011, 17:25.

Comment

I have a Move but I'm still not sure if I'm going to get the collectors edition. Because I was planning to dump the stupid device.

Comment

I thought Extraction came with all versions of the ps3 version.

Comment

I'd get the PS3 one probably if the controller wasn't awful for aiming in shooters. I'll always pick the 360 version over PS3 purely for the controller.

Comment

Played a little more last night. My God, the atmosphere is incredible! The way the music fades in and out and the lighting really help to keep you on edge.

This is one stunning game!

Comment

Working...
                              X