Killzone 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
    Hahah, I might give it a go! Didn't know about that site.

Back OT, I am looking forward tonight playing MP on this, there where a few Euro players on last night. I am just a bit worried that 5 or 6 maps, of which maybe 3 will be better than the others, will mean DLC incoming fairly soon.
    I think there are 8 maps in total. 10 if you buy the Ltd Edition? Or am I
    wrong?

Yep, eight: http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/bl...ayer-maps.html
    Last edited by Golgo; 24-02-2011, 12:33.

Comment

8? thats a bit on the lame side... 14 maps should be the mandatory amount for an fps game seeing as atleast half of them will always be crap.

Comment

So the Japanese version has a product code printed on the insert of the case, I put it into the PSN and it registered OK but there were no downloads. What exactly did it do?

Comment

Mine should arrive in a few days. I'll try to find out what the code is for in the meantime. The one for KZ2 was for a theme IIRC. Maybe it's a registration code for playing online?
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 24-02-2011, 14:56.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Possibly a Skill Point code?
            I know they were giving 3 Skill Points out on Playstation Home and a further 3 if you buy the strategy guide. Maybe it's 3 Skill Points to get started on MP?

Comment

For those of you that have it, is the savegame locked like K2.

Comment

What would be considered the main Multiplayer mode in this?

I've been playing Guerrilla Warfare (generally because it is about as-close to Free-for-all/Deathmatch) and it is not very satisfying. Each game is given a 10 minute allocation in which one team has to wipe out the other. But the score count is too low, meaning that most matches are over in 5 minutes (or sometimes less), which means another 2 minutes in menus/loading. Im no good at fractions or ratios, but the gametime vs menus/loading is a frustrating one.

Also its bizarre that you cannot manage your unlocks in the post-game menu, leaving you hanging around for a minute not really doing much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                  For those of you that have it, is the savegame locked like K2.
                  Its not locked. Not yet anyhow!

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                    What would be considered the main Multiplayer mode in this?

I've been playing Guerrilla Warfare (generally because it is about as-close to Free-for-all/Deathmatch) and it is not very satisfying. Each game is given a 10 minute allocation in which one team has to wipe out the other. But the score count is too low, meaning that most matches are over in 5 minutes (or sometimes less), which means another 2 minutes in menus/loading. Im no good at fractions or ratios, but the gametime vs menus/loading is a frustrating one.

Also its bizarre that you cannot manage your unlocks in the post-game menu, leaving you hanging around for a minute not really doing much.
                    Warzone was probably played the most in KZ2. I've been playing tonight and had some excellent games. Quite like Operations too as it reminds me of the assault mode in Unreal Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      but bob,

you complain about every game

maybe you need a different hobby.......
                      why do people conclude complaining about a game is equal to not liking or not enjoying the game?

what's wrong about criticizing and loving something at the same time? don't you guys have girlfriends?

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                        why do people conclude complaining about a game is equal to not liking or not enjoying the game?

what's wrong about criticizing and loving something at the same time? don't you guys have girlfriends?
                        Well he opened the paragraph by saying somthing like "as expected the single player is boring".

I think it was more to do with the fact that he was speaking for other people than him having an opinion really. There doesnt actualy seem to be many people who are expecting it to be boring.

Most people can usualy agree that shooting things, when done well, is always fun.

Comparing the game to a girlfriend is unfair... unless you shoot your girlfriend reguarly... in which case its not unfair, just disturbing.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 25-02-2011, 00:15.

Comment

Is that a rhetorical question?

I guess that mysterious product code was 3 unlock points, because I had 3 when I started. pretty useless, I gained more than that in my first session anyway.

I couldn't resist going online but I wish I had waited as I think it spoils some elements from the campaign. Sound effects on one stage in particular were awe-inspiring, it felt like the world was ending!

My performance was terrible though, I consistently racked up the most deaths. I can't blame it on the Move, I was able to hit people on the rare occasions that I saw them first.

oh, Japanese version is full English.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                            Comparing the game to a girlfriend is unfair... unless you shoot your girlfriend reguarly... in which case its not unfair, just disturbing.
                            I shoot my girlfriend regularly... oh, you meant with a gun!

I'm quite intrigued by the multiplayer on this. It really didn't do anything for me in KZ2 but the beta (when it worked) seemed to work well with the refined controls and the map seemed better designed.

Comment

Originally posted by cHawKso View Post
                              Warzone was probably played the most in KZ2. I've been playing tonight and had some excellent games. Quite like Operations too as it reminds me of the assault mode in Unreal Tournament.
                              Thanks. I am going to post over at the KZ forums asking them to change the Warfare settings, see how I get on. As this has been throught loads of testing and a Beta, I doubt it will be noted.

The KZ website profile page "My Killzone" is pretty good, its working anyway! I was disturbed to learn that in another 8,000+ XP points I unlock "Silent Footsteps". I was hoping this kind of thing wasn't included, as it kills COD online (everyone running full-pelt around like Ninjas, completly without making a sound.)

Comment

I may shelve then and return once patched.

Guerrilla Warfare matches are too short!
                                Agreed. We are currently playtesting new time and kill limits. These changes will make it out in a patch sometime soon.

Custom games.
                                Custom games are returning, although not exactly as they were in KZ2. Two separate updates will be arriving to allow custom games. The first will provide the base functionality, such as

- Custom game modes and settings.
                                - Secure games allowing you to invite the players you want to play with.
                                - Faction switching.

The second update will give more much more functionality, some examples include

- More control over games modes and settings.
                                - Toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc.
                                - Selecting which careers you want available to players.
                                - Allow friendly fire to be turned on or off.

As well as a few other features. More details to follow.

Preorder and unlock voucher codes aren’t working correctly.
                                Investigations are currently ongoing into the issues relating to unlock/pre order bonuses.

Repeated Blood Gracht & Salamun Market matches.
                                We’ve already identified the cause of this problem, it is related to the ‘ANY” map selection preference, and we should be able to get a fix out soon in one of upcoming patches. In the meantime if you get trapped repeatedly playing either Blood Gracht or Salamun Market, you can quit your game, then within Find Match > Map Selection, choose a non DLC map. The game will place you into the map you have selected when you attempt to join a game, and once your match is finished, map voting will happen as normal and you can vote on whatever map you wish. We understand this isn’t an ideal solution and will try and get this resolved a.s.a.p.

Comment

Working...
                                X