Zelda - the Wind Waker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl
    This been the most enjoyable gaming experience I've had in years. I put it on last night to do the 3rd dungeon, I said I'd play for an hour or so, this was around 12. 5 hours hater I look at the clock and reluctantly I go to bed. Everything that happens after that dengeon is just so damn amazing I had trouble tearing myself away from the game.
    I know what you mean. I thought the game before dungeon 3 was good, but the story really begins to kick off after it, I think another game will struggle to beat this, this year.

Comment

Welp, I've gotten the third pearl and now need to take them to their proper places. At the moment I'm trying to get rid of that rock that covers a piece of Triforce, but it says I need to find someone who can help me. I have no idea who that might be. I've also cured Grandma and gotten the soup from her. Man, that bitch can cook up a might good brew! Anyway, I'm think that for right now I might putter around the ocean a bit and just see what I can find before I continue on with the main quest.

Firsty, you saying there's a better purse NW of Windfall? I hope so, as 200 rupees is mighty small change, and I'm tired of leaving them behind.

Comment

Seems strange that you still only have the capability to store 200 rupees at this point in the game... if I remember correctly i had the 400 rupee upgrade by now. I think you will find that you should find items like that when you start exploring the sea a little more. Things like the rupee upgrades are from the Fairies, and they only live on little individual islands way out in the Ocean

I loved having battles on the rope bridges and finding out that you could cut the ropes a bit too late and plunging with my foe to the bottom of the chasm
        I love this too. On the first dungeon I loved the puzzle where you had to simply cut the ropes to make the circular platform drop down. It seems so simple in writing, but actually there, it is a whole new experience?
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I'm struggling a little at this but its great, particularly the music. Just got to the Forbidden forest island trying to find me sword.

Am I right in saying you sneak past the bad guys in the barrels?

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
            I'm struggling a little at this but its great, particularly the music. Just got to the Forbidden forest island trying to find me sword.

Am I right in saying you sneak past the bad guys in the barrels?

Neil.
            Yes. Snake stylee.

Comment

Well, I have just nailed the Fire creature and made the dragon happy again.

They tell me I'm a real HERO.

I tell them, please don't let this game end.

This is the best game I have played in many many years. Ontop of the gameplay the actual graphics and music have me actually shouting, "Wow" It all just feels so "Right"

Thanks Ninty.

C_S

Comment

'HOY THERE!
                JR, it's actually a triforce chart not a piece of it. And you've got a ways to go before you'll be shifting that rock. Go sort your wallet out and then lay your pearls down. You should go back a few dungeons later

I'm in the wind dungeon. Kamar is SO cute. The tinkly noise he makes. Especially when he runs around the place. Did anyone else have probs in the wind dungeon with the controls? Nothing minor, but in the coop bits quite often when I wanted to go use my shield it'd actually make Link call Medli. Ah well. It was a cool dungeon.

*turns on cube*

Another day on the high seas for me I think.

Comment

Just finished re-reading Jason's review and it's the most well written review I've seen in ages. On the other side of the coin, IGN's and Gamespot's reviews just pale in comparison. Sterile, cold and just lacking the soul needed to best convey the special feeling Zelda induces. Kudos to Jason and the rest of the great writing staff here.

I'm finding myself using the hammer a lot at the moment. The splat is just perfect and I find myself cracking up a lot. It's the little things like this that make the game so enjoyable.

Comment

Boomerang for me
                    Swish swish THWACK!

Gotta find the triforce now....choresome

Comment

Anyone notice any differences from the Japanese version yet? I've got as far as meeting The King of Red Lions (I think, the boaty fellow). So far it all seems the same...

Comment

This is actually kinda fun.
                        Hunting for the shards I mean.
                        I'm enjoying it!

Comment

Some of the side quests are really good such as the

Originally posted by spoiler
                          block moving puzzle on angular island. Although that isn't much of a spoiler really
                          The submarine type pirate ships are also worth seeking out for extra life, I still have loads of fish to talk to though .

Comment

I never did get the block moving one done
                            started to get a headache

I only have to talk to 5 more fish and my chart is done!

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
                              I never did get the block moving one done
                              started to get a headache

I only have to talk to 5 more fish and my chart is done!
                              Boomarangus... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Need the golden key for boss battle 2! (3)

This game is pure class.. woooooooooooooooooooowoeeeeeeeeee

Comment

I found the ghost ship
                                but it keeps fading when I get close!
                                What should I do to board it?

Comment

Working...
                                X