Zelda - the Wind Waker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy_T
    lots of people were concerned about the graphical style but i put the new OOT on just to compare and to be honest, it looked no less 'real' than Wind Waker. they're both very cartoony looking but WW actually looks like a animated feature, it's just so polished.
    I don't thing OOT went for the realistic look anyway. All the Zelda games have been cartoony - it's just better realised in WW.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1981
      I don't thing OOT went for the realistic look anyway. All the Zelda games have been cartoony - it's just better realised in WW.
      exactly, well put.

Comment

Yeah! It's for KIDS!
        GAY kids!
        Ugh......

If I read that one more time in a ****ty review on amazon etc I'll explode.

Comment

So how far is everyone?
          Just going to get Jabun's Pearl here.

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
            What's your prob with the camera controls Justin?
            My problem with them is that they are reversed from my normal directions. And you might think, "Well just recognize that and go the opposite." But it isn't that easy. Damn near every time I go to turn the camera, I go the opposite direction I intended, and so I end up just spinning around like a moron. Why they could have included a "Reverse look" option is beyond me.

Comment

Reversed how? Lol. Press left for it to spin left, right to spin right. I don't get what you mean. I can't see how there is any problem.

Comment

It's a similar problem I found with SoA:L to begin with also... whenever I use a camera, I want to press right on the C stick to move the camera to the left (ie from behind, go anticlockwise), and left to make the view go right (clockwise). It ain't the case sometimes!
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
                  Reversed how? Lol. Press left for it to spin left, right to spin right. I don't get what you mean. I can't see how there is any problem.
                  Firsty, then obviously the camera control works intuitively for you. You're lucky. It does not for me, and I wish a reverse look option had been put in for that. Do I need to explain myself with more detail, or do you see what I mean here? Mayhem seemed to understand me well enough.

Comment

Well, I've given it a quick go (about 15 minutes or so), and the first impression was ... of gentle and pleasant reassurance. I've kinda avoided screen-shots and movies as much as possible (to stop impatience, really) and so I hadn't built up too many preconceptions... but rather than the garish 'Jet Set Radio' style cel-shading I was expecting - I've found it to be actually quite restrained so far, though the character designs and so on are naturally very strong and distinct. On the whole though, I'm reminded of the sensations I had when I first played OOT ... it's familiar, but amplified.

Okay, some heavy duty play-time scheduled for tonight ... bang goes the playlist

S.

Comment

Justin. It's not a first person shooter! It's Zelda for goodness sakes!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                        Justin. It's not a first person shooter! It's Zelda for goodness sakes!!!!
                        And so that means it shouldn't let the player decide how they'd like the look control to work? It's not like I'm asking for complete controller programability or anything. Just a simple "Reverse Look" option. Zelda WW is a great game, and I'm enjoying it, but the look control does frustrate me a bit. Shrug me off all you like, but it would have been a simple thing to add in.

Comment

Its Here !!!

Good ol Pmelon

Now if only i wasnt feeling so ill id actually have a go

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmyhill
                            Its Here !!!

Good ol Pmelon

Now if only i wasnt feeling so ill id actually have a go
                            Mine hasn't shown up Also got SC2:GC on order that i expected
                            today.

Neil.

Comment

I did pay extra for Special delivery as the post my way is ****e

Its very good i tell you !

Very much enjoying it and im gonna have a go on ura disk now !!

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmyhill
                                I did pay extra for Special delivery as the post my way is ****e

Its very good i tell you !

Very much enjoying it and im gonna have a go on ura disk now !!
                                Hmm, I didnt know that was an option. And even so SD aren't supposed to delivery on Saturdays! Oh well hopefully Monday.

Neil.

Comment

Working...
                                X