No announcement yet.

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd argue with that. S/S was destruction to take you down, with some of the larger ones unavoidable. From the little we see in the demo, you're driving through the destruction. Big difference, and one which will make it more enjoyable. Should mention I read a review that said the destruction in MSA was on a much larger scale than S/S.

Having played the demo some more, I'm enjoying it more. Good fun racer. I don't mind the "bouncing around" as you're not racing on some super slick speedway. Powerslides shouldn't be smooth and elegant.

Comment

Downloaded the demo to see what track they used. It's one of the less eventful ones in the game I have to say. Although not every track is a destruction fest, many of them are considerably more interesting than the one used in this demo.

Comment

First impression is that it's a lot easier to control the cars this time around. Not constantly tapping brakes or boost to make turns. But this could be because of the new vehicle or the rather straightforward track. The track itself also seemed more forgiving if you were to hit a wall or a bump, but again, this could be because of the car.

The 3D effects were a bit underwhelming, after the praise it got, and after how good I thought 3D Rift looked. I heard there would be tons of stuff flying at the screen, but I never got that impression. But AGAIN, this could be because of the track, maybe others have more "loose objects".

Overall a decent demo. Will still pick up the game, but this demo didn't sway me either way, it was just awright.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
          First impression is that it's a lot easier to control the cars this time around. Not constantly tapping brakes or boost to make turns. But this could be because of the new vehicle or the rather straightforward track. The track itself also seemed more forgiving if you were to hit a wall or a bump, but again, this could be because of the car.

The 3D effects were a bit underwhelming, after the praise it got, and after how good I thought 3D Rift looked. I heard there would be tons of stuff flying at the screen, but I never got that impression. But AGAIN, this could be because of the track, maybe others have more "loose objects".

Overall a decent demo. Will still pick up the game, but this demo didn't sway me either way, it was just awright.
          agreed - you would think a demo would try to draw more people into the final game - not sure what they were thinking - surely a more exciting roof top race in buggy, with real pounding background music track would have been better....

Liked the car damage though - despite the grippes i get this on day 1

Comment

It is wait until game reach 20 pounds purchase for me. I barely played TDU2 and GT5 yet. So I don't need another racing game.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Now THIS is Motorstorm. Looks incredible. It seems that the demo isn't a good representation yet again.

Comment

I know lots of people didn't like the last Motorstorm demo, but I really liked it & bought the game on the strength of it - still play it today.

The Apocalypse demo is ****e, the car lasted 10 secs and the bike 15 secs before I deleted it.
                Controls seem all over the shop and hate the fact I needed to use the boost to achieve anything, I appreciate this isn't a sim but why should I need to boost on a superbike to outrun one of those ATV things.

Can't see me getting this secondhand even if they fixed the enemy AI.

Comment

I couldnt wait to download the demo as I had really high hopes for this one after watching the vids. I loved the original Motorstorm but I have to say I wasnt that impressed by the demo really. It was good-ish, with some nice new additions, like debris all over the track, cinema moments like the destruction and the burning train speeding over the bridge. The people running around was a good idea and them throwing petrol bombs reminded me of the old Carmageddon 2 on PC. But, it just felt too 'spongy' and the cars seem to bounce all over the place.

I'll wait and see some more vids when they appear on youtube after its release before I decide when to buy it. I just hope the final product and the other tracks are much better than the demo.

I dont know about others but I found the sound / vehicle audio effects to be really quiet and didnt change. The original Motorstorm had noisey, grunty dirt buggies but the demo audio seemed a little bland?

Comment

The Handling in the demo is deffinitley poor, the full game needs to be a drastic improvment for it to be actualy worth playing.

I also dont really understand how the exploding scenery works, it just seems to randomly flash up on the screen that i need to press a button and then somthing blows up? It just seems strange really.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      The Handling in the demo is deffinitley poor, the full game needs to be a drastic improvment for it to be actualy worth playing.

I also dont really understand how the exploding scenery works, it just seems to randomly flash up on the screen that i need to press a button and then somthing blows up? It just seems strange really.
                      i think you press the triangle button to 'view' the damage, so you have a better chance of avoiding it

Comment

I understand the dectrution happens to change up the tracks and cause obsticles. What I dont understand is why, it will ocasionaly just tell me to press x and somthing will blow up... and Im thinking "ok that looked nice but why could I do that?", the A.I. seems to be able to randomly blow things up too, but again ive no idea why?

Or are you saying Im not actualy blowing things up when the button promts appear? is it just showing me where the explosions are?

I guess that makes more sense, though if its the case the button promt seems like a mostly pointless addition.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 14-03-2011, 11:47.

Comment

Yup, you're not causing the destruction on the track by pressing the button, just being given a 'cinematic' view of it mid-race. For me it's not the destruction on the track that's problematic, just the poor AI and collision model

Comment

Didn't even know there was a demo for this! That'll learn me for having my account pointing at the US store! (or is it one of those ****ty PSN+ only things?)

Comment

I played the demo over the weekend and echo most of the above comments.

I have recently been playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Project Gotham Racing 4, Sega Rally Revo and Forza 3 after buying a 360 and those 4 games use a varied mix of different control styles. Whether its simulation, pure arcade or a perfect mix, all those games find a great area between feedback, control and ease of use. Judging from the demo, this is very light and not at all responsive, resulting in very unsatisfying control.

Evolution made the great WRC PS2 games so they’ve got racing in their blood, but I was completely unimpressed by the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                                Yup, you're not causing the destruction on the track by pressing the button, just being given a 'cinematic' view of it mid-race.
                                The stupid thing is you are still expected to drive whilst watching the destruction, regardless of whether it's actually in the direct you are going. Caused me to fall off the cliff the first time!

Apparently this might be delayed now too:
                                It's due out this Friday in the UK, but Sony has confirmed that no firm decision has yet been made on the European release of Motorstorm Apocalypse. -
                                Last edited by koopatroopa90; 14-03-2011, 14:54. Reason: added info

Comment

Working...
                                X