No announcement yet.

Warriors: Legends Of Troy (PS3/360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But some people say they hate strikeforce , Flabio you dislike it and DW6??
    strikeforce is 12.85 at shopto

Comment

Strikeforce is ?6 on PS3 at CEX. At that price it's worth a punt even if you don't get on with it. Just to clear up I have Strikeforce on PSP, not PS3

Comment

To be honest I only played the demo of strikeforce and it just didn't grab me. I was still in 'ruined forever' mode after hating 6, so maybe I was overly harsh on it. Still loving 7 to bits mind.

Comment

Strikeforce is more about getting together with your mates and twatting the living daylights out of everything, as it started as a PSP , i think koei where trying to tap in the MH crowd. Flabio you should try it on 360 or PS3 and for 6 quid id say it worth it.

Comment

I ordered Strikeforce from CEX. Less than the price of a couple of pints!
            Here is link to PS3 version if anyone is interested

360 version is ?8

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys.

For anyone interested I managed to pick up, warriors orochi 2, samurai warriors 2 and dynasty warriors 5 empires, all for X360 for around ?16, thanks to GAMEs 3 for 2 on second hand games offer. Only had time to try Orochi so far, seems great.

Best get back to Legends of Troy as I think I've sent this thread more than a little off topic. Played my second mission as Ajax last night, he's an absolute power house, especially with the square into triangle move where he sticks his arms out and runs, leaves nothing standing.

Really, really glad I picked this up, I haven't been this excited about a game in ages.

Comment

Ok, so finally got around to giving this a try, and it really is quite impressive isn't it? It has quite a different feel to the Asian developed Warriors games, there's more 'weight' to the attacks.

I did find the slight pause stun on landing a hit a little off putting at first because the Dynasty Warriors games have more emphasis on mowing down the crowd, whereas this one is more about nailing the timing to increase damage dealt (the stun pause is to help you learn that sweet spot in the timing).

Very interesting choice of source material, it's good to have a bit of classic 'history' that doesn't get much of an airing in games all that often. And the characters are suitably brutal.

Checkpoints too. I would've killed for a decent checkpoint system like this in N3, for example.

Definitely worth a go if you like the Warriors stuff normally, although I think Dynasty Warriors 7 still edges it, but mainly because I prefer the source material it's based on.

Comment

Working...
                X