No announcement yet.

Mario Kart Double Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Providing you've won every cup you've unlocked everything.

Comment

Originally posted by nips

I love this game. I can't wait to play with everyone else. It's just so much fun, and tactical, and shallow, and deep, and easy, and hard and crap, and amazing, and generally brilliant!
      Best description of MKD ever. 8)

I've had loads more fun with MKD in co-op than in any of MK64's multiplayer modes. Seriously good fun... today I dodged a red shell through a bit of *mad skillz* powersliding. Okay, so maybe it doesn't always work, but when it does the satisfaction is far greater than MK64's equivalent. And that pretty much goes for the rest of the game too IMO.

I feel Edge missed the boat somewhat on the whole co-operative angle of DD. They mentioned it breifly in their review, I think... but they didn't treat it as a serious mode. Their comment was something along the lines of "most people will want their own kart anyway". Hmm.

Edit: I concede the battle mode is **** though. Ah well.

Comment

I don't really like co-op mode - battling against another player is always more fun than battling with another player, hand in hand, against the computer.

And in regards to the Edge review, all things considered I have to agree that Mario Kart: DD was a huge disapointment. It's certainly nowhere near as good as Mario Kart 64 which itself wasn't quite as good as Super Mario Kart.

Since completing MKD I've barely touched it, I don't really like the new-style carts, track design on the whole leaves much to the imagination, battle mode is shockingly poor, and generally the game lacks that Nintendo magic.

Comment

Well when I played it I loved it dearly, but now I'm just holding the game incase a couple of friends come over becuase it certainly appears to be THE multiplayer game for the GC - imho!

And I still prefer Co-Op to Counter-Op!

Comment

Working...
          X