X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Spew
    Originally posted by rjpageuk
    Originally posted by Neverness
    She didn't have a star though. She hit me with a shell and then drove into me, thus collecting the balloon as it floated off.
    I didnt know you could do that...

Can anyone else confirm this?
    Are you saying she's lying?

Comment

I'm still waiting for my copy from DVD BoxOffice, it shipped 2 weeks ago now, usually only takes about 7 days. Anyone had theirs yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spew
        She didn't have a star though. She hit me with a shell and then drove into me, thus collecting the balloon as it floated off.
        I didnt know you could do that...

Can anyone else confirm this?
        Are you saying she's lying?
        It is mentioned in the manual, in fact I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread too.

Comment

Originally posted by mazza
          I'm still waiting for my copy from DVD BoxOffice, it shipped 2 weeks ago now, usually only takes about 7 days. Anyone had theirs yet?
          Got mine yesterday. See the DVDBO topic in Questions and Answers.

I played for a while last night. The game controls so well and I love the 8 tracks I have driven round so far. Haven't noticed any cheating AI yet, I managed to get a healthy enough lead on the 100cc to not be affected by the lightning and have yet to be the victim of a blue shell. I suppose 150cc picks up the difficulty though!

I think Dry Dry desert gets a lot of harsh views when it isn't really that bad, just maybe not a good GP finale. My fave track so far is Waluigi's Stadium, only raced it once though. Baby Park comes second.

Comment

I have the manual right here:

The moral of this story is to RTFM before you do anything, maybe you might start enjoying games, than bitching about them, you know who you are....

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
              The moral of this story is to RTFM before you do anything, maybe you might start enjoying games, than bitching about them, you know who you are....
              Hold on a sec here JibberX.... firstly no one is bitching about anything.

Secondly what is being discussed is not even listed there:

My question of whether anyone could confirm this, was to the above. Neverness indicated that neither a mushroom nor a star was used - they simply stole the balloon as it floated off.

This isnt at all what is in the manual...

Comment

what he said.

Stealing items was never the issue (i.e. shells etc.), it was the stealing of a ballon I was asking about.

In other words stealing a life in balloon battle mode (if it needs to be spelt out). Added to this it was without a star, mushroom etc.

And secondly I still love the game and am not aware of bitching about it once.

Comment

you can steal balloons in battle mode, yeah. I remember doing it at the meet.

Comment

Sorry the bitching thing was a general comment, I was directing it at anyone, just a general thing I've noticed recently that alot of people seem to be basing opinions on thin facts, and since its JibberGrumpyX day today I thought I'd air my view here, I shall go lie down in a darkened room now...you know who you are....

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                      You certainly can steal ballons via a star or a mushroom, and I suppose via the slide attack in co-op mode too.

I am thinking Neverness that maybe your opponent used one of the above without you realising?

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                        Sorry the bitching thing was a general comment, I was directing it at anyone, just a general thing I've noticed recently that alot of people seem to be basing opinions on thin facts, and since its JibberGrumpyX day today I thought I'd air my view here, I shall go lie down in a darkened room now...you know who you are....
                        I know who I am, but do you know who you are?

and more importantly, when is the next JibberGrumpyX day? I'm enjoying this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                          You certainly can steal ballons via a star or a mushroom, and I suppose via the slide attack in co-op mode too.

I am thinking Neverness that maybe your opponent used one of the above without you realising?
                          possibly, she may have used one just as the shell hit me I suppose. But bear in mind that she gained one balloon, and I only lost one, which was lost for getting hit by a shell. I suppose that is why I was surprised, she effectivly stole the balloon as it was floating off.

Another thing. Is mirror mode harder than 150cc? It certainly seems so.

Comment

Been playing this a lot tonight - Loving it! My only problem is mastering the power boost slide when turning left, on the right its easy, when going left my finger position is off for some reason. Same reason why I can get most clockwise specials but not anti clockwise on fighters

I haven;t found my best combo of drivers yet but I must admit my preference is Daisy and Waluigi - The new bonny and clyde

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
                              Been playing this a lot tonight - Loving it! My only problem is mastering the power boost slide when turning left, on the right its easy, when going left my finger position is off for some reason. Same reason why I can get most clockwise specials but not anti clockwise on fighters
                              I find the same. Luckily I don't think the power boost slide is that much use anyway. It's not much of a boost, is it?

Also, I've found that the hideous Birdo kart is a joy to control.

Comment

My favorate combo is either:

Boo and baby mario - toadsworth kart

baby mario and baby bowser - in the toad kart (the old school kart)

Comment

Working...
                                X