Mario Kart Double Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delb3k
    OK, I might be causing a real stir but since I`m in the US now I was wondering if MKD works with the freeloader or not, or wether I should just wait and purchase the PAL edition on my return.

Any news gratefully appreciated, thanks!
    Only works with the latest version of freeloader, doesn't it?
    Or so I've heard. But me and Moodmon believe in "no import before marriage" so don't take my word as gospel.

Just took a survey by GameSPY whilst waiting for DE:IW to download. Christ they asked some personal questions, stopping short of "Did you score!111 last night? OMG!!!"

Comment

Jonathan Ross was speaking about Mario Kart Double Dash on his radio show yesterday and he was surprisingly informed, apparently he plays it with his son. You can listen to it here:

Music, guests and lively conversation with Jonathan Ross

It's about 25 minutes in (press fast forward).

Comment

I did read somewhere that Ross is quite up on his games. Ricky Gervais said something about ross having a Gamecube in his dressing room iirc.

Comment

Baby Park in 150cc is possibly the funniest thing ever. There's just shells and things flying around everywhere, it's madness.

Comment

My fave track 'cos of the madness. I think it's funny how it all becomes totally random 'cos you can lap people in that one and it doesn't matter one jot - it's just too funny to care

Comment

Originally posted by Max M
              Jonathan Ross was speaking about Mario Kart Double Dash on his radio show yesterday and he was surprisingly informed, apparently he plays it with his son. You can listen to it here:

Music, guests and lively conversation with Jonathan Ross

It's about 25 minutes in (press fast forward).

Pretty good. He obviously wanted to make a point of it being good.

"Mario Double Dash Karting"

"Watch out Dad, here comes the chain chompa"

Comment

No one has tried it with "the wheel" yet then I take it.

Comment

Still no game from Tronix. This is a bit reminiscent of PeteJ's situation, waiting while eveyone is playing. To be honest i'm more bothered about Metal Arms & POP not shipping from DVDBO yet. Usually if they don't ship on the day of release you don't get 'em for 3 months.

Comment

got it today first impressions are quite good, love the animation and sounds etc. Not entirely convinced on the manicness of it (have only done 50cc so i'm expecting it to be quite slow ) looking forward to tmrrw playing it with a massive hangover 8)

Comment

The NTSC-uk review of Double Dash is now online -

Feedback thread -

Comment

My copy from Tronix arrived today. A nice little bonus I didn't expect was a free demo disc packed in with Mario Kart. Quite a few playable demos including Turtles, Sonic Heros, Mario Party 5, F-zero and Rebel Stike. Also included was a few videos from upcoming games. FF: Crystal Chronicles and 1080: Avalance looked really impressive, will definitely pick up the latter in December.

Had a quick go at Turtles and Sonic and came away very disappointed. I haven't really enjoyed the 3d Sonics. I've always felt that I was a passenger on a journey, rather than the driver. Initial impreesions aren't positive but the team dynamic has potential so I'll have to wait and see. Turtles felt like a rather generic scrolling beat'em up devoid of the charm and playability of the previous titles. I had hoped for a nostalgic trip down memory lane but somehow managed to end up in mediocre town.

First impressions of Mario Kart though are a polar opposite. I think I had a huge smile accross my face from the moment I first saw the title screen, to when I knocked it off for the first time 3 hours later. Can't wait until the weekend to get some proper 4p action going. I can also see at this stage that Time Trial will be an absolute blast, Yoshi's Circuit looks damn near perfect.

Comment

Mine came from Fiocco today too,

again pleasantly surprised by the demo disc, had some nice stuff on it, put my mind at rest that the new sonic is indeed utter pap. I really liked the Turtles demo, tho even from the 5-10 minutes that lasts it's clear the game will get repetetive tho I'm still now very tempted by it. bet it's sweet in multiplayer co-op.

Mario Kart itself had already had a decent play of PAL ver at a m8s but am now loving every minute all over again swear it's harder than the PAL ver tho, 100cc givin me as much competition as 150cc did on PAL ver...

visuals are pretty damn stunning imo, not the most technically stunning game, but to me at least everything "looks" right. had some 3 player battle and racing earlier and that was a good laugh too.

Comment

I have the full version of Turtles and it is good, definitely best in multi player though. It is very simplistic and can get very samey at times.

The 1 on 1 Tekken like mode is poor though.

Comment

Anyone got a Jap copy from Goblin yet ?
                              It's been like over two weeks now since the release date
                              No sign of the game and not answering emails as usual
                              I'm not actully to bothered as I have played the Pal version lots round a mates and I like the game but i'm not in Love with it
                              Would be nice to have my copy before christmas tho.

Comment

Hype2k: I've not had mine from Goblin yet either, despite having it pre-ordered. I thought it was just me.

I've been trying to phone them all day too. Bastards.

Comment

Working...
                                X