Mario Kart Double Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjimbob
    Yeh that site is good for news but I never look at their reviews. Especially one based on a 2 hour play at Nintendo HQ and the negative point of "Whats new?" after describing many new features including the duel rider feature

Obviously a 9 is not a bad score but fromt he actual text you'd imagine it was more of a 7 or 8.

Comment

Anyone know of any freeloader probs? Am trying to get my PAL GC owning mate to get a US or Jap version so we can use the LAN play feature.

Maybe UK and US versions will be compatible?

Comment

I think we will have to wait until the release to know how freeloader will like it. US version should be ok, JAP F-zero didn't work properly but US F-zero did, I don't think ninty were deliberatly trying to stop freeloader that time! (yet!)

Comment

Unfortunately Cube Europe's review was based on a few hours playtime at Nintendo HQ with the lan option unavailable. Still, if it's the "first European review"...

Comment

So it's basically the "first European preview"

Comment

Unfortunately Cube Europe's review was based on a few hours playtime at Nintendo HQ with the lan option unavailable
              The majority of readers wont realise that, but then again what do Cube Europe care, its all about being the first....

Comment

Only 9/10? Preorder cancelled then...

My enthusiasm for this game cannot be dampened - it looks lush & I'm sure it'll play that way too.

Besides, Baby Mario ownz j00!!!!111

Comment

Some really nice impressions at Gaming Age forums from someone who writes for CUBE magazine.

One thing I've noticed with the game though, is that there's so much going on. Whereas in the SNES version it was about getting the corners right and the N64 had you boosting all the time, this has you doing everything at once. As you race down a straight you have to worry about items on the track that have been left lying around from a smash-up, chomps and flowers snapping at you from the sides, managing your two characters correctly, hitting the ? blocks and steering your cart. Everything is so manic.
                  There is also a course set around a cruise ship, and in one section you race through the dining hall. You have to avoid tables that slide across the floor

Comment

Just to make an ordering decision more difficult.

Here is the japanese cover:

And the Snarky US one:

My dilemma is the small cool Japanese box a few days earlier or waiting a bit more for the bulky stupid US one with English menus...
                    and teh m3g/\t0n dem0!1!!1!1

Comment

I dunno, the Japanese one is slightly more stylish, but still looks pretty bad IMO. Neither are very impressive.

Comment

Its got to be the US one because theres no point getting the jap one when they are so near each other when released.

We are talking a matter of days difference so personally im going to not to ruin it and get the jap version and wait for the same game with language i can understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                          Considering now we have almost full customisation over speed, acceleration and weight, MKDD should be even more fun
                          and damn near impossible to get a 'perfect' race time in too.....unless you're some kind of amazing tactical genius

Comment

Humm... Could that mean we'll be playing this game for a good year or so before we finally retire with our best lap times?

Comment

Apparently you don't have any lives.

Getting golds seems to be a lot harder than usual, mainly because, in the 1 player game you don't get 3 lives or anything. If you don't finish in the top 4 then its game over, no matter what.
                              Brilliant. I always did find the single player mode too easy.

Comment

Interesting. I'll go ask some more questions of a couple of people I know who have the finished game in their possession
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X