No announcement yet.

Akai Katana Shin Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still can't do this. Mid Stage 4, 18 million on slash? Rubbish.

Comment

Hmmmm. How abouts are you going about doing it?

Comment

ozzy do you have a replay? if so we should be able to give tips and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzzy189 View Post
          Still can't do this. Mid Stage 4, 18 million on slash? Rubbish.
          Better than me! I think the game is harder than normal Cave stuff though, the bullet patterns can be quite random and hard. I've been known to die on Level 1 because I get too tied up in the "person" mode scoring.

Comment

Ok i'll try and type this up into some sort of sense having just taped my replay on the phone and i'll kinda transcibe it here for everyone.

I pick the middle of the 2 craft this is my personal style fave.

As soon as the level starts you are invincible for about 5 secs or so so take that space ship and fly right up to where the enemies are and destroy them with the A button shot.
            There will be a cannon come out of the building in the upper right of the screen you should also get right in there and point black it with A button.
            Then pull your ship back to the upper right turn on phantom mode with X button and shoot your orbs out getting you Katanas.
            Stay in phantom mode and leave the big aircraft that is making his way up the screen alone. shoot the little helicopters with A button these will leave suicide bullets that will turn into gold.
            Make your way to just below the top right when you hear the noise for the big aircraft doing his laser attack launch the katanas, i follow them slightly above but as close as possible to the things they are hitting to reap as many points as possible.
            Next keep your a button held down for a bit to build up your phantom meter then blas away with the A button to get as many orbs as you can.
            There will be a section where two larger planes fly from the bottom of the screen, go into phantom mode and launch the orbs at these.
            You can either move towards the top right and shoot everything else with the phantom A shot to release more bullets then when the midboss comes in try to aim the katanas slightly diagonal to slice through the remain ships AND the boss or just wait in the left center of the screen when the midboss arrives hold down a shot in phantom mode for a bit and then release the katana pain making sure to follow them into the midboss for maximum gold by this point you could have anything from 20-80 million points.
            Hope that helps people.

Comment

I think i have uploaded replays, I'm just rubbish at this. I sold espgaluda because I just couldn't understand when I was meant to use awaken mode. This is very similar. Anyone live near East Yorkshire? ;-) lol

Comment

Hi Ozzzy189, just download a couple of leaderboard replays and watch them carefully. Pay particular attention to when the spirit form is used and more importantly switched back. Be sure to build up plenty of steel around your ship by using "RT" rapid shot before you get into spirit form, this makes it much easier to get katanas. And then, when you switch back from spirit form ensure maximum bullets/enemies on screen and try to follow the katanas across the screen, picking up as many big golds as possible (be careful though, make sure you avoid any other newly spawned bullets). Hope that helps, I am by no means an expert.

Cheers - Matty

Comment

Cheers lads. I now understand slash mode. Just got 31 million, good enough for 35th on novice.

Comment

Your welcome, this game is so deep and one of the best shooters in ages

Comment

It's very good. I'll stick with slash novice for the moment!

Comment

And with a bit more practice, 399 million is mine the scary thing is I know it can be bettered. This might reach obsession level...

Comment

Just got 65 million on slash -normal. Not score attack though! LOL

Comment

One credited the arcade mode last night it not really that hard 90% of orgin mode is controlling the energy gauge also got a score of 190 million on the score attack for orgin mode .

It a shame that i cant play climax or slash as i dont have a hdtv and it wont go full screen on my crt with out messing about streching the actually tv image which makes it look wierd and has ghetto looking .

Comment

And after a little respite finally had another crack at this. And 485 million is mine this is without doubt my fave cave game. And the best ?20 you can spend on the Xbox

Comment

I picked this up a few weeks ago but it had no manual. Just got round to playing it today.

Can anyone give me the basics for this? Explain as you would to a small, idiot child I've played Ikaruga and got about midway through it on one credit, so I at least get some of the basics of modern(ish) Japanese 2D shooters but this is the first I've played in years.

Comment

Working...
                                X