L.A. Noire 360/PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
    There are always clues there, I don't know if it's me you're trying to convince that you're not bad at the game, or yourself. Nobody likes to admit that they suck at something, I guess

If you're finding it tough, it's because you're not paying close enough attention, or you've come into the interview without enough evidence through a poor investigation, or something. This is a problem with you, not the game. The game always gives you enough because it's a game, that's the entire point of it.
    If I was bad I'd say i was bad, I'm bad at beat em ups and Im the first to admit it for instance (but still like them).

However I dont think anyone could be "bad" at this, I think a game has to require skill for someone to be bad at it and for me this doesnt. thats my opinion of the whole game, infact its hardly a game at all IMO, becuase you dont actualy play it, you are guided through it, its more like a tour.

Comment

I've been getting pretty good scores in each case, but I do agree with rmoxon that I seem to be trying to second guess the game rather than use any sort of skill. I've had times when I know someone is lieing and have evidence, and yet Lie turns out to be wrong (the first case in Vice just did that to me!). I find Doubt is too much of a grey area too, never really sure when I'm meant to be using that.

Only sometimes when I've blatently caught someone read handed does the system work properly. Often with amusing results like when you find evidence right in front of a suspects face, accuse them and then they get all stressy "yeah, and where's your proof!". Ha!

I'd rather the game didn't tell me when I've done something wrong, leave it all until the case notes.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
        I've been getting pretty good scores in each case, but I do agree with rmoxon that I seem to be trying to second guess the game rather than use any sort of skill. I've had times when I know someone is lieing and have evidence, and yet Lie turns out to be wrong (the first case in Vice just did that to me!). I find Doubt is too much of a grey area too, never really sure when I'm meant to be using that.
        I think you are suppose to use doubt when you dont belive the witness but have no evidence they are lying. The trouble is that you dont know if youre suppose to have any evidence or not (you might have missed somthing). So it makes doubting anyone pointless really as you never can be sure if its the right one to pick or not.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
          If I was bad I'd say i was bad, I'm bad at beat em ups and Im the first to admit it for instance (but still like them).

However I dont think anyone could be "bad" at this, I think a game has to require skill for someone to be bad at it and for me this doesnt. thats my opinion of the whole game, infact its hardly a game at all IMO, becuase you dont actualy play it, you are guided through it, its more like a tour.
          You're right in a way, that you're guided through it. You start at A and no matter what you do, you'll end at B. The game is in the journey, though, and the journey will be very different depending on how good you are at being a detective. The very first case, if you mess up your questioning you have to tail a witness to see where he goes. If you question him well, he'll give himself up. Both will end in an arrest but if you do well, you'll get the arrest much more efficiently. That's where the skill is. Or where your skill isn't.

I think you are suppose to use doubt when you dont belive the witness but have no evidence they are lying. The trouble is that you dont know if youre suppose to have any evidence or not (you might have missed somthing). So it makes doubting anyone pointless really as you never can be sure if its the right one to pick or not.
          But don't you see that that's your failing as a player, and not the game's failing? If you've turned up to an interview without the correct evidence then that's because you didn't investigate a crime scene properly, because you're a bad detective. If you had done that, you'd have been able to question the person more efficiently.

Comment

You're right in a way, that you're guided through it. You start at A and no matter what you do, you'll end at B. The game is in the journey, though, and the journey will be very different depending on how good you are at being a detective. The very first case, if you mess up your questioning you have to tail a witness to see where he goes. If you question him well, he'll give himself up. Both will end in an arrest but if you do well, you'll get the arrest much more efficiently. That's where the skill is. Or where your skill isn't.

But don't you see that that's your failing as a player, and not the game's failing? If you've turned up to an interview without the correct evidence then that's because you didn't investigate a crime scene properly, because you're a bad detective. If you had done that, you'd have been able to question the person more efficiently.
            You're misunderstanding me. It doesn't matter if you have all the evidence or not. The fact is you don't know if you have it all or not so picking doubt never feels like the right option, picking doubt is always guess work as a result of this. Plus like Pete says, sometimes you have evidence but picking lie still ends up being the wrong answer for some reason and they expect you to pick doubt, which makes no sense as you have proof they are lying.
            Last edited by rmoxon; 26-05-2011, 19:28.

Comment

If that happens more than two or three times throughout the entire game, I'd be surprised, because I certainly didn't notice it. Saying that, though, it does sound like I progressed through the cases very differently to the way you are.

It's ridiculous to say the game is "impossible" or to write it off for something which, in actual fact, is incredibly rare. You're speaking as if it's the case for every question in every interview when it's simply not.

Comment

I never said the game was impossible, I simply said that the achievement to do every case perfectly would be virtually impossible to get withouT a walkthrough (unless you played through the game about 6 times and had a great memory) I also never said every case was all about guess work, like most people I think it's hit and miss in that regard

You really need to read what I'm saying better.
                Last edited by rmoxon; 26-05-2011, 19:35.

Comment

I never said the game was impossible, I simply said that the achievement to do every case perfectly would be virtually impossible to get withouT a walkthrough (unless you played through the game about 6 times and had a great memory) I also never said every case was all about guess work, like most people I think it's hit and miss in that regard

You really need to read what I'm saying better.
                  Half of the time its impossible to know what the right answers are, the questioning doesnt relaly work as what you personaly think about the case and what the game thinks about the case are two different things, and the only right answer is what the game thinks. One of my biggest complaints about the game is that you dont really feel liek youre playing as the main character, youre really just observing him, which is not what a game should be about.

Its very limited. It also make it virtualy impossible for you to get the achievment for 5 starring all the cases without the help of a walkthrough really, and that would make the questioning even more boring, so I doubt many people will ever get that achievment.
                  I suppose we're done here.

Comment

Exactly, like I said, it is hit and miss and only happens half the time. And you need to read what I say better.

I don't know why you keep quoting me and proving me right when you're so adamant that I'm wrong

Comment

Ah, yeah, sorry. See when you said it was impossible, I misunderstood and thought you were saying it was impossible and it turns out that you were saying it was impossible, my mistake, fancy thinking you were saying it was impossible when the specific words you used were that it's impossible. What am I like?

Comment

Ah, yeah, sorry. See when you said it was impossible, I misunderstood and thought you were saying it was impossible and it turns out that you were saying it was impossible, my mistake, fancy thinking you were saying it was impossible when the specific words you used were that it's impossible. What am I like?
                        See you're still not reading what I said. Half the time it's impossible to know what the correct answer is, not the whole time, half the time. And virtually everyone else who commented in here seems to agree with that besides you, so you really need to get your panties out of the twist they're in and stop being so immature now becuase you really seem a bit too upset over something so insignificant as my humble opinion.

Calling me rubbish is one thing (even though I have actualy done quite well with the cases simply by using random guess work). But You're really going off the rails now.
                        Last edited by rmoxon; 26-05-2011, 19:57.

Comment

You said half the time it was impossible, then denied ever saying it was impossible, then said that somehow I'd misunderstood you when your words were right there in black and white. You're trolling at this point.

Even half the time is ridiculous, it happens a few times, if that, and to be frank I doubt you even know for sure because guessing your way through the game means you can't possibly have any idea what you're supposed to be looking out for and wouldn't have any idea what was right and what was wrong and why.

If you can just concede that you don't know how to play the game, I'll concede that the questions are occasionally vague, and then we can end it. Everyone's a winner (even if they're rubbish at L.A. Noire )

Comment

You said half the time it was impossible, then denied ever saying it was impossible, then said that somehow I'd misunderstood you when your words were right there in black and white. You're trolling at this point.

Even half the time is ridiculous, it happens a few times, if that, and to be frank I doubt you even know for sure because guessing your way through the game means you can't possibly have any idea what you're supposed to be looking out for and wouldn't have any idea what was right and what was wrong and why.

If you can just concede that you don't know how to play the game, I'll concede that the questions are occasionally vague, and then we can end it. Everyone's a winner (even if they're rubbish at L.A. Noire )
                            I'm trolling?

I never deined using the word impossible at all, I just deined saying the game WAS IMPOSSIBLE, becuase on the whole, its not. The games not impossible at all, infact the only impossible that about it with regards to progression in the game is the fact that its impossible to get stuck in it.

I cant concede that i dont know how to play the game, I know how to play the game, its a very simple game, youd have to be a monkey to not know how to play it, so to say i dont know how to play it would be a lie really.

And I still think its "Impossible" to be rubbish at the game too for that matter, as, as many people have said including myself, it requires no skill at all...

Which has clearly offended you seeing as you seem to think youre the worlds greatest L.A. Noire player, but sorry, the game doesnt have good players, theres nothing there to be good at.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 26-05-2011, 20:11.

Comment

I'm trolling?

I never deined using the word impossible at all, I just deined saying the game WAS IMPOSSIBLE, becuase on the whole, its not. The games not impossible at all, infact the only impossible that about it with regards to progression in the game is the fact that its impossible to get stuck in it.

I cant concede that i dont know how to play the game, I know how to play the game, its a very simple game, youd have to be a monkey to not no how to play it, so to say i dont know how to play it would be a lie really.

And I still think its "Impossible" to be rubbish at the game too for that matter, as, as many people have said including myself, it requires no skill at all.
                              But by your rationale, nothing requires skill. I can beat Deathsmiles, but I'm crap at it. I can beat it though, so it takes no skill. On the other hand, someone that's awesome at Deathsmiles will be able to beat it in one credit and get a million times more points than me. It's the same here. You can beat the game, so it takes no skill. I can beat the game and I can progress all the cases more efficiently, I can question witnesses better than you, I can detect lies better, I can choose evidence to prove a lie better, I can follow the case better, I can get better ranks than you. All of those take skill.

The only reason you're not seeing that is because you haven't got that skill. You're guessing the answers to all the questions instead of paying attention and trying to work out what's going on, either because you've given up on it or you're simply not very good at detecting the nuances in people who are telling lies. In that case, you're bad at the game, which is what I've said all along.

Comment

But by your rationale, nothing requires skill. I can beat Deathsmiles, but I'm crap at it. I can beat it though, so it takes no skill. On the other hand, someone that's awesome at Deathsmiles will be able to beat it in one credit and get a million times more points than me. It's the same here. You can beat the game, so it takes no skill. I can beat the game and I can progress all the cases more efficiently, I can question witnesses better than you, I can detect lies better, I can choose evidence to prove a lie better, I can follow the case better, I can get better ranks than you. All of those take skill.

The only reason you're not seeing that is because you haven't got that skill. You're guessing the answers to all the questions instead of paying attention and trying to work out what's going on, either because you've given up on it or you're simply not very good at detecting the nuances in people who are telling lies. In that case, you're bad at the game, which is what I've said all along.
                                This isnt a bullet hell shmup that requires Ninja Reflexes and an understanding of a complex scoring system. its an adventure game that basicaly tells you what to do the entire way and even lets you skip bits if you fail at them, its not designed for anyone to be good at it, its designed for people to be taken on a journey through it, its a completely different type of game.

Youre really starting to sound like you dont know what youre on about at all and are just arguing for the hell of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X