Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good tip on the 5.1!

Comment

Argh, it's like someone plugged a rainbow into my head! I've seen videos for this but I wasn't expecting the complete overload of incredible imagery you experience when playing. The videos really don't do this game justice.

The way everything moves and reacts to what you do is really impressive, especially the bit right at the end of level one when you get a a million and one things on the screen. Also at the start of level three when you can shoot\mess up the background (well, sides) of the level.

This is invoking all the same feelings I had with Rez and it absolutely lives up to that. If it were called Rez 2 then I couldn't see anyone complaining.

I'm playing with pad as don't have Kinect (though Game had a Child of Eden and Kinect bundle for ?70 which was tempting) and it works fine. Don't see anyway of increasing sensitivity though and sometimes it can be hard to move across the screen quick enough, but I found that with Rez too. So far the difficulty has been around the same as Rez in my opinion, though I hear level 4 is tough.

Struggling to get the perfects, I seem to do better when I'm not focusing on the beat! Haven't managed to get better than 3* yet.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
        Last thing is 5.1 sound isnt turned on by default. I was playing in stereo and was already impressed but man the surround sound is beautiful.
        I actually couldn't hear the difference, but I suppose you are only shooting enemies who are straight infront of your and the music is mixed in stereo.

Comment

Managed to get to the end of journey but the wave after wave of purple missiles is taking a bit of remembering, you really need to circle the opposite direction to take out the wave as you pass as following them in the same direction wastes vital seconds which you'll need for the 3 other waves appearing beind. Totally do-able on a pad as i nearly got it on my first try.

Love the fact genki rockets music is used in the game, Lumi's story is known already if your a fan of them as she is the girl that appears in all their other vids. Not suprising really as Tetsuya Mizaguchi is part of genki rockets so it's not suprising he decided on the music.

Heart was pounding at the end of level 4, loving it. Challenging & beautiful to both eyes & ears, worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
            I'm playing with pad as don't have Kinect (though Game had a Child of Eden and Kinect bundle for ?70 which was tempting).
            So Kinect's appeal didn't last long if they are chucking out at ?30 odd quid!

Comment

It's ?70 when you buy it with the game

Comment

ah right, I was seriously considering getting one for that price just for this game, as its **** with the pad (they have made it too difficult).

Comment

Just borrowed my brothers Kinect and is definitely the way it`s meant to be played Englishbob. Did the Journey on my first go with Kinect, it`s just so much quicker and easier to lock onto stuff with Kinect. Suprised by the lack of lag to as your movements are pretty much instant on screen I`m finally starting to enjoy this game now after the disaster I had with it yesterday with the pad.

Still have the problem If it`s worth getting a kinect for one game after having one on launch and selling it. Looked at up and coming games for Kinect and none interest me what so ever!!!

Comment

I wonder how this will translate on the PS3 then!? Im a massive Mizuguchi fan but I think its time to admit he got this totally wrong for the pad on the 360.

Comment

Not sure what the issue with Journey is, did it (and the other four levels) on my first go with the pad. It's no harder than Rez in my opinion and I'm usually crap at shooters. Just manage the bullets coming towards you and it's fairly painless. Haven't tried it on Hard yet though.
                      I thought level five was nice, but not in the same league as level five in Rez. It was just another level, when the last level in Rez was a whole experience in itself.

It's ?70 when you buy it with the game
                      Oops, that wasn't very clear in the shop! Glad I wasn't tempted now

Comment

I'm playing on a projector screen with the turtle beach px5 headset which is why I think I notice a difference in 5.1 audio. It's very subtle but going back to stereo you can hear a difference, not much but it's there. Music is stereo though.

I got through level 3 last night but Journey is kicking my nuts. It's going to take some serious practice to clear that for me as Im just average so far. Did get the 10x perfect lock achievement though!

I said before I hope for DLC but now having played it more I hope they think about going back and patching Kinect mode into Rez HD because the controls in this make is a completely different experience. Either way I'd pay for 1-2 more archives and keep coming back to this in short bursts. Finally something that is worth playing on Kinect because it's better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                          Not sure what the issue with Journey is, did it (and the other four levels) on my first go with the pad. It's no harder than Rez in my opinion and I'm usually crap at shooters. Just manage the bullets coming towards you and it's fairly painless. Haven't tried it on Hard yet though.
                          I thought level five was nice, but not in the same league as level five in Rez. It was just another level, when the last level in Rez was a whole experience in itself.

Oops, that wasn't very clear in the shop! Glad I wasn't tempted now

So it's ok with a pad? I was getting a bit put off by some of the opinions, I wondered if it was worth buying. It may be great with Kinect but I just don't like using anything other than a pad, or a joystick.

Comment

The pad drama is overrated, hell even i have finished it with the pad now & have completed the first 2 levels on hard as well. Loved the last part of journey, a great end to the game.

Now loads of stuff to unlock, really enjoying this a lot.

Comment

Ok, thanks for confirming, that helped me decide.

Comment

I love this game with the kinect, but im enjoying it more with the controller. I dont all this 'its too hard' talk.... Have you guys played ikaruga?! :-)

This is an amazing game - absolutely stunning visually and plays like a dream. Kinect, pad, whatever, it controls beautifully. All it takes is a little practise.
                                Last edited by Adam Stone; 19-06-2011, 10:52.
                                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
                                X