No announcement yet.

Child of Eden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm slowly working my way through, I'm stuck on level 4 (passion?) at the mo.
    Wanna see if I can get to the last level , I won a competition to get a 'memory' in the game, one if my photos is in it.

Comment

Genki rockets is mizuchis band he was the songwriter for the tracks and lumi is the cgi singer of the band much like that vocaloid thing (sorry forget what she is called) maybe it was to keep costs low or shameless self promotion who knows

Comment

Is it all new tracks by them in the game? Loved their album.

Comment

Decided to pick this up second hand; not a kinect version though, so I am hoping that the game isn't crippled for use with a controller as some say.

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
          ... that vocaloid thing (sorry forget what she is called)...
          Hatsune Miku

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
            I can't find Friend's leadboards, are they included?
            in the menu you can find the leaderboards and when on the leaderboards you can switch between local, overall, friends etc. (I believe with the d-pad left and right)

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
              Genki rockets is mizuchis band he was the songwriter for the tracks and lumi is the cgi singer of the band much like that vocaloid thing (sorry forget what she is called) maybe it was to keep costs low or shameless self promotion who knows
              Ahh, I didn't realise they were Mizuguchi's band. But that explains a lot.

It's kinda sad to see a self-proclaimed keen clubber and techno fanatic turn his hand at electro-pop, but there we go. His game. His choice. I can only suspect the guy's mellowing in his old age, or maybe years of ecstasy and amphetamine abuse have addled his once-able mind? Who knows. But putting together a band where the lead singer is a cgi character born in space? Well it kinda says it all...

Comment

Bit of an impulse buy - Never intended getting it so soon but I caved in... I'm glad I did!
                The graphics are excellent and very trippy but it's not exactly Rez 2 is it? The music feels too chilled out for me.

After playing, I jumped straight onto Rez HD again and this feels much more of a better musical trance LSD experience than Child of Eden - I love the music much more in Rez HD (especially on level 4).

If you like Child of Eden, please try Rez HD as well.

P.S. Both games feel like a 21st century version of Space Harrier, not exactly a bad thing... All we need is the next gen hydraulic Konix system to go with this!

Comment

@ phillai, agree entirely. But wait until you unlock Child of Eden's 'Trip' visual effect whose name is extremely apt.

Comment

The above posts have made me want Planet Harriers again, I never got to play it in the arcades and then the Dreamcast version was cancelled .

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                      Ahh, I didn't realise they were Mizuguchi's band. But that explains a lot.

It's kinda sad to see a self-proclaimed keen clubber and techno fanatic turn his hand at electro-pop, but there we go. His game. His choice. I can only suspect the guy's mellowing in his old age, or maybe years of ecstasy and amphetamine abuse have addled his once-able mind? Who knows. But putting together a band where the lead singer is a cgi character born in space? Well it kinda says it all...
                      It's one reason I'm happy to wait a few more months for the PS3 release, assuming it does finally turn up. Heavenly Star was okay, and I liked the music I heard in the trailers, but far too much of the Genki Rockets album was pretty mediocre - I don't mind a positive vibe at all, but there's a difference between actively positive and just directionless, hippy meandering. The visuals grabbed me right from the first few screenshots, but if I don't love the audio the same way as I loved Rez, well, that's half the appeal gone, no?

Comment

Yeah, I believe liking the music is fundamental to enjoying the game.

I keep trying to look at the game philosophically. I've told myself okay, it's not as good as I expected and isn't the game I envisioned when announced, but try and look past the music, look for the positives and be thankful a sequel to Rez was made at all, but I don't think I can as the music is just too integral to the experience. Pains me to say it but unless the last few unlocks are very beautiful I'll probably trade it in very soon.

Comment

Finally finished Hard, and unlocked the Memories filter, which makes everything monochrome. Only need the last filter and then the gallery is complete. Not sure if I have the awareness to tackle getting 800k on every stage on Hard, but the first is done so that's one less regardless.

I really like that ending theme on Journey, compliments the mood well I feel.

Comment

Played through all the levels tonight but didn't complete Journey. I keep dying on it but I don't know why. I can't see what is killing me, but I had full health and lost all of it. I think I'm fairly near the end. If I knew what was killing me it would be better, rather than relying on blind luck. I can't see anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                              @ phillai, agree entirely. But wait until you unlock Child of Eden's 'Trip' visual effect whose name is extremely apt.
                              How do you unlock that? To be honest I havent had a look at what I've got unlocked so far but I'm stuck on the fourth level, on normal... I suck.

Comment

Trip is unlocked by finishing Journey.

Also, I've just finished Hope. I am SO psyched right now. My hands are in so much pain, but it was so worth it. The last filter is a pretty sleek 8-bit parody. Not bad at all. Gallery 100% complete.

Comment

Working...
                                X