Battlefield 3 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 3 Beta

Just got onto the PS3 version and first impressions are reasonable. To me it handles better than Bad Company 2 did when it comes to player movement though sadly the map included doesn't feature vehicles to see how they compare to the latest games.

I never really tried Battlefield 2 so I can't compare but on the face of it this feels heavily like being Bad Company 3. The map has the same loosely linear point to point design as those games as one team progressively pushes to capture the next point along though the setting is well realised and each point feels distinct enough. Connection wise there are frequent crashes but it's possible to get a full game, learning the map will definitely benefit as at the moment there are a lot of camping points which in time everyone will learn to overcome and will cease to be an issue.

As far as the PS3 version is concerned the framerate is in line with BC2 (i.e not terribly high) and features minor glitching and quite a lot of tearing. Without that it seems like a good looking game but fairly unremarkable overall. I don't get the feeling it's going to convert any COD players however I'm going to try accessing the 360 version to see how that holds up and, as we're all aware, the PC version is the one to watch really

Wrong thread sorry.

Comment

I just had about 10 games on the 360 version. Looks good. I didnt expect the pc quality of visuals anyway, so its no big surprise. Looks about as good or maybe a tiny bit better than Bad Co 2 did. Not had any probs with the framerate. Connection not dropped out yet. Shame there is only 1 map in the beta & shame its Rush & not TDM. Shame theres no vehicles as I hate all this running for miles.
      I like the hurdling over obstacles when you press jump near them. Much better implemented here than in Brink.

Have a few issues:

Clicking in to run doesnt seem to always respond.

The stab button is S...L...O...W. You'll never use it unless you're basically behind an enemy & he cant see you.

Fire trigger was also a little slow to respond. Like there was a slight delay between me pulling the trigger & it firing on screen.

I dont know how ppl are already getting 35 kills at level 1. Either they have a superfast connection or I'm totally ****e (prob true )
      Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 27-09-2011, 18:15.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
        The stab button is S...L...O...W. You'll never use it unless you're basically behind an enemy & he cant see you.
        Who'd of thunk!
        Maybe they'll make it faster for Ninja Gaiden mode.

Comment

lol. Sounds like a good thing to me. Funny how in games we now expect a single knife swipe to be more deadly than a barrage of bullets

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            Who'd of thunk!
            Maybe they'll make it faster for Ninja Gaiden mode.
            It is really f**kin slow. Homefront is fast, COD games a little slower. This is stupidly slow tho.

Maybe due to the slight delay between pressing R2 & it actioning on screen, as I also felt when firing the guns

Comment

Well i just tried the PS3 version, the graphics and sound are amazing , but the still a few bugs in there , crawling along the ground could see into the rock below me, well on PS3 nobody had a mic which sucked as communication in this is essential, but the biggest negative was the constant kicks and freezes, i know its a beta but its the same disconnects at BC2, so Welcome to EA servers ( sh1t3 )
              Last edited by MisterBubbles; 27-09-2011, 21:36.

Comment

I could count the number of times I got cut off from BC2 on 1 hand and that was from what I'd imagine would equate to a couple of days worth of play time.

Comment

Bf1943 was constant disconnections on ps3. Every game practically. Mind you they never even got tiger woods to hold a connection for more than 3 holes on ps3 07 game. I'll monitor this with interest. Anyone on pc beta yet?

Comment

Hmmm...not the first imps I wanted to hear (whether Beta or not)...If the PS3 servers are not sorted for full release I'm 'kicking' (heh)this into the long grass.

Comment

Well you can tell me your impressions in 2 days Dog

Comment

Quick question on beta access... is this available to all yet on 360?

I know those who purchases Medal of Honour get a 48 hour window before it goes more widely available but is it then just downloadable from the XBL marketplace?

Comment

Yup, open to everybody on thursday

Comment

Good, good... it shall be downloaded.

Can anyone confirm they've improved voice comms and squad mechanics even just from the beta? I heard they were going to allow full 12 player team communication but then offer up similar squad options like BC2 where you party up into smaller 4 man squads and communicate just to those players.

Anyway judging from the HD 360 footage in the news thread it looks the business.

Comment

Ok the NTSC or Bordersdown or whatever where called clan better start practicing , part of this can go to my retirement fund to help play games full time. http://i.joystiq.com/2011/09/27/batt...ion-next-year/

Comment

Working...
                              X