No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That does sound awesome. I would absolutely LOVE to pick this up again but Ornstein and Smough just completely ruin the game for me. I managed to get past this point on Xbox 360, and even that was by just leaving the game for a while and coming back to it.

It's a shame because I love it to pieces. That boss just destroys all motivation I have for continuing and it's been sitting at that point since the PC version got released, basically.

Comment

Summon a helper mate! There's no shame* in it.

*There is shame in it

Comment

Just started playing this on 360 - First attempts were ropey as I'd had too much to drink, but got slightly further last night.. Think I'm going to love it.

Comment

Good man!

Having already completed the game in a manly fashion, more than once, I happily accept help from people now. As a result me and this other guy took Taurus down in about 10 seconds. He didn't even have time to attack lol. First knight kicked my arse right after that mind. This game has ruined gaming for me though. All other games are utter garbage by comparison, I love it that much.

Oh, I had to restart with a new character because I tried running the 60fps mod, spawned and fell through the floor and landed on the Blacksmith, killing him in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
            That does sound awesome. I would absolutely LOVE to pick this up again but Ornstein and Smough just completely ruin the game for me. I managed to get past this point on Xbox 360, and even that was by just leaving the game for a while and coming back to it.

It's a shame because I love it to pieces. That boss just destroys all motivation I have for continuing and it's been sitting at that point since the PC version got released, basically.
            Once you know how to beat them they are easy. Well there are harder bosses anyway, such as the four kings.

With Orstien and Smough you can just take your time, use a melee weapon that has decent range and just keep away from them. If you are paitent its nowhere near as hard as it at first seems.

Comment

I reckon more people die from panic in Dark Souls than anything else! Don't panic! Most attacks are telegraphed in plenty of time; roll out the way, get behind while they recover, stab stab, run away. Fatty and Skinny do take panic to another level because there are two of them though I admit. Saying don't panic is easier said than done...

Comment

Use the pillars to your advantage, especially with the little fella, as they can't usually attack through them - except when they glitch and weapons do clip through. I recommend to melee Tiny in a mash-and-hope flurry then pick Fatty off from long range with crossbow. Cheap bosses need cheaper tactics.

Comment

Or if you want Ornstein's armour set (thus facing him after killing Smough), just stand between his legs and attack; stay away from him and he'll stab you with his spear in a thousand different ways (and most of them are one or two hit kills).

Comment

Yeah, Smough's armour looks crap. Shame as it's actually really good but I can't bring myself to wear it. Really want to get Ornstein's.

Comment

Despite the many times I have completed this I have never got his armor as the fight is so much easier if you kill him first.

Comment

Is nobody playing Demon's Souls now it's on PS+?

Comment

I finished it for the umpteenth time a few weeks ago. Any excuse to play it again though. I need the Northern Regalia really.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Is nobody playing Demon's Souls now it's on PS+?
                            I think it's next on my list after I finish up P4G. I have started the US version twice before, but the freebie EU version will prompt me to do it again and hopefully see it through this time.

In other Dark Souls news, the Design Works book is being translated!

Comment

I'm trying to decide between Demon's or Dark. I have such a massive back catalogue now tho. I think I've only actually completed one game from all the plus stuff I've got over the year so maybe I'll lean towards Demon's...

Comment

Playing this again on pc. I'm on a cheese run with a bow. Managed to clear valley of drakes by monotonous long range arrow attacks. Same with the crystal things by the hydra.

First time a played the game I killed capra first go. This time I was dead in about 2 seconds lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X