No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning a PC coop LAN on this with a friend soon. Since there is a patch that makes summoning your friends really easy, we're hoping we can coop most of it.

Comment

Weaklings.

Comment

Dude, already done it by myself. A coop run is for a chilled run with beers!

Comment

Well, that's alright then

Comment

Just in case you are (also) some kind of unhinged mentalist who likes re-buying the same games over and over, you might like to know that Zavvi have just shipped my 'Steelbook' edition of the Prepare to Die PS3 edition, which I am led to believe contains a soundtrack on an actual CD no less!
            Last edited by fuse; 16-07-2013, 11:07.

Comment

I'm clinging onto the thinnest of hopes that this will be a different SKU to the one released last year where it only carried over EU saves, and not UK saves over.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Just in case you are (also) some kind of unhinged mentalist who likes re-buying the same games over and over, you might like to know that Zavvi have just shipped my 'Steelbook' edition of the Prepare to Die PS3 edition, which I am led to believe contains a soundtrack on an actual CD no less!
                Is that steel book release a recent one or Zavvi just selling off old stock?

Alas Jimtendo I gave up hope for that a few months back.

For those who don't know Udon are going to be releasing the Dark Souls Artbook in the UK, Amazon currently have it up for pre-order at ?23.99.

Comment

It's a new product afaik, it has been a pre-order for quite some time but fulfilled just today.

And yeah, I heard about the Design Works. Looks like I'm going to end up with 2 editions of it (plus the other Japanese books I grabbed for it).

Comment

Hello, I just killed the fire keeper in Anor Londo because he attacked me, am I still able to reinforce estus flasks anywhere or am I screwed?
                    Many thanx

Comment

Oh, that Firekeeper is a she. You can only reinforce the Flask is you have a Firekeeper Soul (obtained story means or by killing Firekeepers; this will estinguish the bonfire they are guarding though) and by speaking to an other Firekeeper. You have killed them all (or haven't discovered the others) you can't upgrade the Flask.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        Oh, that Firekeeper is a she. You can only reinforce the Flask is you have a Firekeeper Soul (obtained story means or by killing Firekeepers; this will estinguish the bonfire they are guarding though) and by speaking to an other Firekeeper. You have killed them all (or haven't discovered the others) you can't upgrade the Flask.
                        So far (I am up to the Four Kings) I have encountered 3 fire keepers.
                        One at Firelink who mysteriously vanished, then the spider chick who I killed, and the one at Anor Londo who attacked me so I killed her too.

Are there anymore, or are there only three in the game?

My estus is reinforced +2 and I have rite of kindling, is it possible to complete the game with this?

Will only having +2 estus make it much harder?

Comment

I did it with + 1. Don't worry about it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
                            Are there anymore, or are there only three in the game?
                            Yep. The one at Firelink Shrine is part of an optional storyline, but after a while, she won't be available anymore unless you complete her storyline in the right way.
                            Not a big deal for a +2 Flask on the first run, it's more than acceptable even for a melee build.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS-3 View Post
                              One at Firelink who mysteriously vanished

Go into the hall outside Smough and Ornstein and use the item that you should have picked up from where she was. She was killed by another character and you can get your vengeance.

Comment

Alright thanx guys.
                                I'm talking about playing through this single player btw.

Also, dumbass question- If I reactivate my gold account on live, then I will encounter other players who can possibly help me if I get stuck and we can tag team bosses?

Comment

Working...
                                X