Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    How long does it take getting used to the roll direction limitations?
    I stopped playing III and put some time into II again to get used to the reduction in speed a month or so ago. I didn’t find this one to be much of a problem. Combat is harder to go back to I find.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'll probably buckle and pick it up. It's Dark Souls, innit. Resistance is futile.

Comment

This is what I thought too. It’ll keep me busy for a few weeks, and I’ve never played the DLC before.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

My only gripe so far is the initial brightness setting on which I could neither see dragons nor torches.

Other than that, I remember bits but not all of it. I love the obfuscation and the setting. Its DS. Its great. I will platinum again.

Comment

I've mistakenly consumed two Fire Keeper Souls, having forgotten how they work. That means I'll be starting fresh once I go back to it. Ja!
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              I've mistakenly consumed two Fire Keeper Souls, having forgotten how they work. That means I'll be starting fresh once I go back to it. Ja!
              Daryl you fool! Can't matter that much though, Estus can only be reinforced so much and when you do 10 playthroughs you get a ton of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                I'll probably buckle and pick it up. It's Dark Souls, innit. Resistance is futile.
                Do it!

Comment

I did!

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    This is what I thought too. It’ll keep me busy for a few weeks, and I’ve never played the DLC before.
                    You’ve NEVER played the DLC for this?
                    Man, you’re in for a treat. 3 of the best boss fights in the whole game IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                      You’ve NEVER played the DLC for this?
                      Man, you’re in for a treat. 3 of the best boss fights in the whole game IMO.
                      Also, don't face Sif before completing the DLC.

Comment

Can somebody explain what kindling does please? And should I only do select fires or as many as poss?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Can somebody explain what kindling does please? And should I only do select fires or as many as poss?
                          Kindling a bonfire ups your Estus from 5 to 10 when you rest there. You need to be human and it cost 1 hunmanity to kindle (so 2 humanity total).

It’s not worth doing every bonfire but it’s definitely worth doing it at some as you will need as many Estus as you can get.

Comment

Thanks Goemon, much appreciated

Comment

Another tidbit about kindling, it's spoiler so...

defeating Pinwheel, the first boss in the Catacombs (you'll need a holy weapon to kill the skeletons or aim for the necromancers; necromancers are one of the few enemy types that stay dead after being killed), will give you the Rite Of Kindling that will allow you to boost bonfires up to 20 Estus uses. Each kindling adds 5 uses, to 5-10-15-20.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                                Another tidbit about kindling, it's spoiler so...

defeating Pinwheel, the first boss in the Catacombs (you'll need a holy weapon to kill the skeletons or aim for the necromancers; necromancers are one of the few enemy types that stay dead after being killed), will give you the Rite Of Kindling that will allow you to boost bonfires up to 20 Estus uses. Each kindling adds 5 uses, to 5-10-15-20.
                                I'm in the Catacombs right now ... great to know, thanks for that

Comment

Working...
                                X