Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post

You've done yourself a favour. If you choose not to free him, he kills the firekeeper at Firelink Shrine and you have to avenge her death in Anor Londo.

Well I freed him, and he still killed her for me.

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
    Can anyone help me get a lightning weapon please?
    How far through are you? If you've rang the second bell then you get one by

Killing the mimic in sen's fortress.

It's not that easy however, it can kill you in 1 hit. And it's pretty terrifying
    Last edited by Synthesthesia; 10-10-2011, 12:17.

Comment

I have the master key... There's another exit from firelank shrine?! I'm going to have to have a thorough look!! Thanks buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
        I have the master key... There's another exit from firelank shrine?! I'm going to have to have a thorough look!! Thanks buddy!
        Literally right next to the bonfire. Just left of that bloke who's sitting down by it.

Comment

I can't stop thinking about this game lol, I will be heading into Blight Town tonight, not looking forward to it though. I'm not sure which way to go in, the sewers or the other way.

Comment

Literally right next to the bonfire. Just left of that bloke who's sitting down by it.
            Lmao! I'm such a tit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post

Well I freed him, and he still killed her for me.

Really? Crap I don't know how to stop him killing her then...

Comment

Hmm, I'm about to go into

Sen's Fortress... I don't seem to have enough ore to upgrade anything to +10 at the moment and I don't know where to farm it.

Still got me totally hooked this. It seems to be much longer than Demon's Souls as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                  Hmm, I'm about to go into

Sen's Fortress... I don't seem to have enough ore to upgrade anything to +10 at the moment and I don't know where to farm it.

Still got me totally hooked this. It seems to be much longer than Demon's Souls as well.

If it's Green Titanite Shard / Large Titanite Shard that you're after, there's a merchant right at the end of Sen's Fortress before the boss that you can buy them from

Comment

Finally found a way to the lower part of the Undead Burg last night, though the

Capra Demon

nailed me in mere seconds. I knew I could get down there though!...I do love how all the areas intersect and you can see the 'Burg even when in the Darkroot Garden, or that you can spot those out of reach secret areas with sneaky positioning and deft camera movement...It's like you have just the right amount of tools and there's just the right amount of visual clues to discover stuff. The level design seems pretty masterful to me.

Agree with FSW too, I'm not even thinking about playing another videogame.

Which for me, is saying something.

Comment

Take your time and enjoy it while you can.

Once you get to

Anor Londo

you'll be screaming in fits of rage.

I still can't do the boss. Time to farm humanity and get someone's help.

One other thing I'm annoyed at, is the effectiveness of Lightning weapons over everything else. Stat scaling weapons really, really don't scale well enough to make them worth it. You can make a character and put all the points into vitality and endurance, then get yourself a lightning weapon and you'll do the same amount of damage as an attack built character, but with vastly more health and stamina.

Grrrrr....
                      Surely there are some enemies that are not bothered by lightning attacks?
                      Last edited by rmoxon; 10-10-2011, 13:40.

Comment

Really? Crap I don't know how to stop him killing her then...
                        I imagine you have to

kill him

. thats the only way to stop it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                          Surely there are some enemies that are not bothered by lightning attacks?
                          Or even resistant to - You'd think so wouldn't you!

Unfortunately I don't think I've met many enemies that are resistant to lightning, if any at all...

Thing is, the lightning stat is on top of the base damage too.

Let's say the +10 version of the weapon has 180 base damage. The lightning version will then have 180 base damage + 180 lightning damage. Granted, the base damage then doesn't scale, but that's a silly amount of damage especially when you can then upgrade that weapon to +5 and get even higher returns on top of that.

They went a bit OTT with that. At least with Divine weapons, the base damage is significantly reduced. Not so with lightning weapons.

I upgraded the Uchigatana though, and allegedly you can pick up more than one. I might upgrade one to Lightning +5 and one to +15, then test the damage out on both.

Comment

I suppose most people wont actualy get a lightning weapon until well into their first playthrough though, infact many wont get one at all. So it might not be an issue for alot of people.

Comment

I believe those hard bosses from

Anor Londo

are weak to lightning. And you can find a lightning weapon in

Sen's Fortess

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                              You need to upgrade a weapon with Tanite Shards to standard +10 and then use a special Tanite to start the Lighting path. And you have to find a Blacksmith able to do so.
                              You need to find specific Embers. And give those to a blacksmith. That will unlock upgrade paths after +5 and +10 by selecting the first option at the blacksmith.
                              Last edited by saturn-gamer; 10-10-2011, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                                I suppose most people wont actualy get a lightning weapon until well into their first playthrough though, infact many wont get one at all. So it might not be an issue for alot of people.
                                I suppose there is that.

I'll do a full-on damage test on several mobs and let people know the results nonetheless. Now I just need to figure out how I obtain that second Uchigatana...

There's also the issue of diminishing returns. I've got my Dex now to about 40 - 45, and apparently after 40 you get proper dimishing returns on that stat so I reckon it's time for me to bolster my strength a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X