Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garny View Post

Any tips for Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough?

Been trying to kill these two for what seems like hours now with no luck. Got to the 2nd phase a couple of times, even harder. Ive been killing Ornstein first, as a powered up version of him in phase two is a complete nightmare.
    Do what I did. Summon 2 people in. Makes that fight pretty easy. I don't think I could do that by myself with my current stats.

Comment

Looking at the votes, I see no one else here is as hard as I am ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        I literally haven't touched this due to Rage so have only done the very first mid-boss. I'm hoping to get a few hrs in tomorrow night so, am I right in thinking the best approach would be to get a spear asap?
        Not really, It's all about preference

Personally I like the longsword and use a bow a lot too.

Comment

No clerics, interesting. FSW in hardcore mode, /bow

Comment

Hmm, I'm definately going to have to get me some ranged weaponage

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              I think that the key is still there, I found the binoculars in the Graveyard near Firelink Shrine even if I've chosen them as my gift.
              Both the crimson armor set and the dedicated key should be directly above where the Firekeeper soul is and it's the right path if it ends in a dead end; the cave leading to the Valley of Drakes is in the opposite direction.
              Probably the ladder you're missing is the one where the path splits, if you go right you go to the firekepeer soul and the dead end, up you go to the shortcut.
              I'm at the very top! There is no ladder up becase its the top!

Somthing weird is happening here. Half the messages that are around say shortcut and the other half say liar.

There is no shortcut here in my game. And there was no key either.
              Last edited by rmoxon; 12-10-2011, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                I'm at the very top! There is no ladder up becase its the top!
                The path splits before the top. At one point (roughly halfway to the top, a couple of stairs after the threadmill, there's a giant tree branch you can go over) you can climb up and you end up taking the shortcut, the other goes right and eventually leads to a dead end. They both go up at some point, but the path for the shortcut to Firelink Shrine does not have toxic darts and is far more direct.
                Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 12-10-2011, 14:04.

Comment

The path splits before the top. At one point (roughly halfway to the top, a couple of stairs after the threadmill) you can climb up and you end up taking the shortcut, the other goes right and eventually leads to a dead end. They both go up at some point, but the path for the shortcut to Firelink Shrine does not have toxic darts and is far more direct.
                  I have been both ways! There is no shortcut in my game! You can't miss ladders, they have torches on them! This cave just isn't there, there are just loads of planks of wood everywhere.

Comment

I still stand by my opinion that you are missing a ladder somewhere. It's more than strange that you don't have part of the world. If you have the master key you can trace your steps back from Firelink->New Londo->Valley->Blightown and see where you end. It's a long trip, that's for sure.

Comment

I still stand by my opinion that you are missing a ladder somewhere. It's more than strange that you don't have part of the world. If you have the master key you can trace your steps back from Firelink->New Londo->Valley->Blightown and see where you end. It's a long trip, that's for sure.
                      There are no ladders to miss, every level only has one ladder on it.

I cross the tree trunk and go up the laders as you say, then another ladder and then there is nowhere to go, the way forward is blocked off with a wodden plank.

Comment

Anyone been to new londo yet? I'm just wondering if there's a bonfire there. I've just tried to fight the

four kings and got my arse handed to me.

Would prefer not having to run from firelink to there! And to anyone after Titanite Chunks once you've

drained new londo ruins the Dark Wraiths there drop them and sometimes (apparently I haven't had any yet) slabs. Had about 4 chunks so far though.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                          Anyone been to new londo yet? I'm just wondering if there's a bonfire there. I've just tried to fight the

four kings and got my arse handed to me.

Would prefer not having to run from firelink to there! And to anyone after Titanite Chunks once you've

drained new londo ruins the Dark Wraiths there drop them and sometimes (apparently I haven't had any yet) slabs. Had about 4 chunks so far though.
                          S

Sounds like we are pretty much at the same point, I was going to try

The Four Kings tonight if I ever beat Gravelord Nito... But how do you Drain New Londo ruins? Have I missed this? To answer your question, I fully explored New Londo before I bear Anor Londo and didn't find a bonfire...

Last edited by ItsThere; 12-10-2011, 15:38.

Comment

Top tip for PS+ subscribers:

After each session, upload your game to the cloud. Then, if you accidentally do somethign really dumb e.g. kill the only NPC in the game that sells the stuff you want, you can quit, download the save and you've only lost at most one day's activities, hopefully less.

Comment

I found it!

I thought you were saying it was after the tree branch, but it was before that and the other way on the way to the firekeeper soul!

Guess i was being stupid, anyway thanks for the help.

Had a look round new londo and got slguhtered when 20 ghosts ganged up on me, I dont think i will go back there again for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                                S

Sounds like we are pretty much at the same point, I was going to try

The Four Kings tonight if I ever beat Gravelord Nito... But how do you Drain New Londo ruins? Have I missed this? To answer your question, I fully explored New Londo before I bear Anor Londo and didn't find a bonfire...

Basically once you have the

Lord vessel there's a salesman on the roof of the 2nd house you can go into in new londo ruins, he gives you the key, then you go down some steps and drain it.

Without spoiling that item thing you were talking about before, what area is it in? I went down to the

Tomb of Giants or w/e it's called but I died off these giant skeletons so didn't go back there yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X