No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i just beat the capri demon, where's the entrance to the depths?

ah never mind i found it.
    Last edited by mugetsu; 13-10-2011, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
      Totally possible. You need to get in

the nest at the top of Firelink Shrine

Did you say you'd been through

the Crystal Cavern?

I went there last night and just got obliterated by one of those

butterfly bosses from Darkroot Forest.

Any tips if you have?

Comment

I said pages back that you can

go back to the where you started the game, there is some more loot, Knights to kill and another demon to kill

To be honest, I think I spoiled a few things reading a faq, I bet loads of people do it, but I ain't looking again as it totally spoils the game imo, in fact it makes it easier and less rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
          I said pages back that you can

go back to the where you started the game, there is some more loot, Knights to kill and another demon to kill

To be honest, I think I spoiled a few things reading a faq, I bet loads of people do it, but I ain't looking again as it totally spoils the game imo, in fact it makes it easier and less rewarding.
          I agree, I'm not reading the wiki and am being careful what I read elsewhere but I also feel that it means I will miss half the game.

For instance I already went where you are supose to go for the birds nest and didn't see it!
          Last edited by rmoxon; 13-10-2011, 14:08.

Comment

Does anyone know if the lightning damage will travel with arrows if I put Gold Pine Resin on a bow? Or is it only good for melee weapons?

Comment

Haven't tried yet, but in Demon's Souls it wasn't possible to enchant a bow to have magical arrows...though it was possible to "transfer" the enchantment by first enchant a right hand weapon and swap it with the bow (right on the d-pad). But, IIRC, turpentine and other special effects given by items (as opposed to magic) wouldn't transfer.

Comment

I have three doing nothing so I'll burn a few tonight. I just checked and I'll be able to find/buy more later.

The Dragon will finally fall tonight! although it is nice having him farm the bridge for me.

Comment

I freed
                  last night. I got fed up with not having any cool armor and liked the look of his (and he sounded a bit evil) so I killed him but the bast didn't drop it! Hope I haven't spoilt anything too awesome. He did promise me a reward 'later'.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    I freed
                    last night. I got fed up with not having any cool armor and liked the look of his (and he sounded a bit evil) so I killed him but the bast didn't drop it! Hope I haven't spoilt anything too awesome. He did promise me a reward 'later'.
                    He sounded like

Yurt to me. So as soon as I freed him I went on the web as I am not going to have any NPC killed and my game ruined. He sits outside the fire maiden's shrine. He kills her and she drops an orb which you can use somewhere in Londo Ruins. You warp into his world, fight him and his bredrins. He drops his armour there and she comes back to life. Killing him any earlier gives you a damn fine ring for melee class and 5+ humanity

Comment

I freed
                      He does give you a reward, its

a coin/medal type thing

, not sure what the purpose of it is other than you can eventually trade it with

the sleepy dragon guy who lives under the firelink shrine for some souls

Speaking of the above, now I have rang both bells he is there so i managed to get loads of titanite shards and upgrade loads of stuff as

he chews up chunks and shards and turns them into other shards for you.

. I feel like I'm about twice as powerful as I was about an hour earlier, which is nice.

Still died instantly upon entering Sens Fortress though.
                      Last edited by rmoxon; 13-10-2011, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                        Did you say you'd been through

the Crystal Cavern?

I went there last night and just got obliterated by one of those

butterfly bosses from Darkroot Forest.

Any tips if you have?

Yeah I got smashed the first few times I went in. Spoiler 1

just leave the butterflys alone and they will leave you alone.

Bigger spoiler 2 -

you have to use invisible bridges but there is a way to spot where they are, I found them using both sound and visual clues.

some wold say it is cheap...

I have finally found a good run from

darkroot basin down to the Four Kings but I cannot beat them

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                          He sounded like

Yurt to me. So as soon as I freed him I went on the web as I am not going to have any NPC killed and my game ruined. He sits outside the fire maiden's shrine. He kills her and she drops an orb which you can use somewhere in Londo Ruins. You warp into his world, fight him and his bredrins. He drops his armour there and she comes back to life. Killing him any earlier gives you a damn fine ring for melee class and 5+ humanity
                          D'aww nuts....I should have held out for the armour. I booted him off the ledge after he

hinted at killing the fire maiden

, the
                          he drops is nice an' all, but it

breaks if you unequip it

. Speaking of cool armour...can't wait to get my mits on the guys who is sat outside the locked gate one floor up from the blacksmith near Darkroot...He's got like some sort of badass garlic clove shaped helmet.

Got to the

Pinwheel

boss in The Catacombs. Only had one Estus swig left. Died.

Then, had my first crack at Blighttown - Properly awesome level, lots of nervous edging forward and panic stricken fights. The frame rate takes a nasty hit though, which normally doesn't fuss me but it affects a game like this. I got to the bottom with a sliver of health and let my guard down after a 'comfort ahead' message...Killed by a hurling leech.

Off to play more in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by crocky-chocky View Post
                            D'aww nuts....I should have held out for the armour. I booted him off the ledge after he

hinted at killing the fire maiden

, the
                            he drops is nice an' all, but it

breaks if you unequip it

Well

To help make my decision I read more and it said his armour is not the best in the game and its damn heavy!! The weight factor put me off. True the ring breaks but I can't see me finding another ring as useful (for my class) for a while.

I do not know what is best, all I needed to know was the above because of it being a time related choice.

Comment

Great hour and a half in the game. Finally got a set of armour looted from a body in amongst the

golems in darkroot garden

. Went down to darkroot basin, saw what reminded me of crystal geckos from Demon's, didn't manage to kill it before it went underground. Made my way to

Valley of the Drakes

. Not too tough but time consuming. First one fell through the scenery, another fell off a cliff. Made my way up and found what I thought was a massive

dead Dragon

and started looting the bodies and then the thing springs to life! holy crap! Anyway, that ended tonight's session. This is my game of the year.

Comment

Ah, cheers for the info PSTB. I like to be light on my feet so I made the right choice I think. The armour still looks wicked cool mind.

Made my way up and found what I thought was a massive

dead Dragon

and started looting the bodies and then the thing springs to life! holy crap! Anyway, that ended tonight's session. This is my game of the year.
                                Heh. I just knew that was going to happen!..I loved that

there were 2 souls nestled right between his claws and face. Can't remember if I managed to get them though

Comment

Working...
                                X