X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have deffo had input lag on the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
      What version are you on rmoxon? I'm on 360 PAL and there is a definite issue of delayed input. Doesn't happen all the time but it is a pretty major bug in a game of this type.

I've found the AI NPCs to be mostly useless to be honest, they never survive a fight. I (eventually) managed to summon an AI and a player to do the second bell boss but both died in about 20 seconds so was left to tank the rest on my own. The online side is really interesting but its so broken, hardly works at all.

Btw that speedrun vid, he manages to ring the second bell within

24 minutes

I'm on the 360 and have had no problems at all, there is no delay with inputs. If there was i would be complaining as its the type of thing I hate.

Comment

if you drain your stamina bar completely your button presses won't have any effect until it starts to fill up again. thats probably being mistaken for input lag

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
          They've messed up the messeges imo. You can only keep like 6 total? Your older ones get deleted when you write new ones. You also have to use an item to rate them, meaning noone will do it. I've never had a messege rated and I've left ones I think are very helpful. Also, not sure if correct on this but there isn't a server anymore? I think when you log off, your messeges disapear for everyone and only show back up when you are back in the game.

Summoning other players fails far too often aswell.

Love the game though
          Ranking messages is a waste of time, btw. Both + and - ranks are registered in the positive. Not very helpful if you're trying to assess the quality of advice. Glitch?

Comment

Originally posted by yvrmikiw View Post
            if you drain your stamina bar completely your button presses won't have any effect until it starts to fill up again. thats probably being mistaken for input lag
            Yes. Your input seems to be buffered when your stamina is depleted and then applied when the bar is full enough.

Comment

Yep, messages are borked which is a real shame. I've got 6 really useful, really well placed messages and in over a week they've received not a single vote. Only ever had the input lag when my stamina is zero.

I seem to have reached a point now where i must grind. I haven't actually rung a bell yet either, I seem to be tackling things in a different order to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmobster View Post
                Yes. Your input seems to be buffered when your stamina is depleted and then applied when the bar is full enough.
                That's it, makes sense.

For the messages, I do rate some useful ones, but they could have made it easier to do.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmobster View Post
                  This is definitely NOT the case.

The input is mistakenly 'stored' until another input is done - It's nothing to do with stamina.

This is now repeatedly happening with me.

Estus flasks for example - I just tried to use one and it didn't work. I then deliberately did nothing for 30 seconds and nothing triggered. I then put my shield up and immediately it knocks it straight down and drinks the estus flask.

Without a shadow of a doubt, it's a bug and not a feature. If it's a feature, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I'm also getting this with full stamina when initiating fights. It's getting annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                    This is definitely NOT the case.

The input is mistakenly 'stored' until another input is done - It's nothing to do with stamina.

This is now repeatedly happening with me.

Estus flasks for example - I just tried to use one and it didn't work. I then deliberately did nothing for 30 seconds and nothing triggered. I then put my shield up and immediately it knocks it straight down and drinks the estus flask.

Without a shadow of a doubt, it's a bug and not a feature. If it's a feature, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I'm also getting this with full stamina when initiating fights. It's getting annoying.
                    Ok. I'm pretty sure the buffered input thing is happening. Then again, I might have misread what is happening. Might even be a case where both issues exist in game - one is a feature & one is a bug.

Comment

thats never happened to me on PS3

Comment

Nor on my ps3 version either.

Comment

I get weird random freezes on PS3- I'm told that this is due to a bad internet connection. probably true, as it hasn't happened offline. hmmm.

Comment

Seems quite a few people dont quite understand how the stamina bar works.

Only thing that would explain this "lag".

You lot basically need to stop attacking things when you have no stamina!!!!!

Comment

Had the same issue with 360 and PS3. Particularly noticeable when you go for a back stab with full stamina and the game seems to pause very slightly where the backstab animation would play out but instead does nothing. Thing is it's not very consistent, I've been caught out by it maybe two / three times where an attack hasn't played properly or the flask hasn't been used on cue.

Comment

Yeah, I've had the input thing with a full stamina bar too. Only a handful of times in flip knows how many hours, but it did manage to get me killed once.

Comment

Working...
                                X