No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you need a certain weapon enchant to kill the ghosts?

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
      You need to be cursed to hurt them, which I am at the moment actualy. But there is a bit in Londo where loads of them pop up at once and it seems to matter little if you can hurt them or not as i was surrounded and died in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
        You can do 3 things.

1. You can get a cursed weapon (which is a drop from the ghosts so not really an option from the start, plus the damage is poor.

2. You can get cursed off the Basilisks in the Depths or in the Great Hollow just before Ash Lake.

3. You can buy an item from the Hollow Woman in the sewers called Transient Curse which lets you engage with them. You also find some somewhere I believe but I can't remember where.

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
        You need to be cursed to hurt them, which I am at the moment actualy. But there is a bit in Londo where loads of them pop up at once and it seems to matter little if you can hurt them or not as i was surrounded and died in seconds.
        Do you have a weapon that does a slash and can get multiples at once? I used the Drake Sword and killed about 6 at once with 2 slashes. Granted I'm higher level, but still, they should go down with around 3-4 slashes if you can group them together.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
          Basically once you have the

Lord vessel there's a salesman on the roof of the 2nd house you can go into in new londo ruins, he gives you the key, then you go down some steps and drain it.

Without spoiling that item thing you were talking about before, what area is it in? I went down to the

Tomb of Giants or w/e it's called but I died off these giant skeletons so didn't go back there yet.
          If I am following you then the item you need to explore

Tomb o the Giants is in the tomb itself, I stumbled around and died in the dark a lot before I found it. You'll find an old friend there... It is harder to navigate than the Crystal Caves IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            Kill it with Fire!!! It is all about the Pyromancy for me.

Comment

Any particular spell you're using? I have the Fire Orbs, but I figure they'd take to long to charge in an ambush.

Going to give the ghost run at Londo another go tonight. I ran into Demon Ruin's last night and after a quick nose around promptly backed my bags and turned back, think I'd still rather face that than faff around with the ghosts.

Quick question for anyone who's been to Darkroot Basin and rung both bells.

Can I fight that Hydra with the crystal warriors yet? I tried to approach him, but it seems to be an impossible battle knee deep in the water. Am I missing a trick?

Last edited by Riskbreaker; 12-10-2011, 16:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Riskbreaker View Post
                Going to give the ghost run at Londo another go tonight. I ran into Demon Ruin's last night and after a quick nose around promptly backed my bags and turned back, think I'd still rather face that than faff around with the ghosts.

Quick question for anyone who's been to Darkroot Basin and rung both bells.

Can I fight that Hydra with the crystal warriors yet? I tried to approach him, but it seems to be an impossible battle knee deep in the water. Am I missing a trick?

You can indeed

fight him and once you get past his massive damage water attack then it is actually a pretty easy battle, just don't fall off the edge of the water, use a good blocking shield and cut off the heads one by one. Once you are up close you are basically set because he stops doing the water attack and you can block damage from the heads.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                  If I am following you then the item you need to explore

Tomb o the Giants is in the tomb itself, I stumbled around and died in the dark a lot before I found it. You'll find an old friend there... It is harder to navigate than the Crystal Caves IMO.
                  That's the place where you were talking about keeping even crap items for?

And some tips for when you get to

the Four Kings

if you want to use them. I've just beat them.

You need the need the Covenant of Artorias ring to get down to fight him too since you need abyss walking. The Wolf boss in Darkroot Basin drops it.USE HEAVY ARMOUR. This is pretty much a must. Poise will help you a LOT. 2 hand a weapon because using your shield still damages you a bit, with this fight it's better to get it over quicker. Once the first one spawns, just beat the crap out of him as quickly as possible because eventually more start spawning in and you don't want 4 on you at once. Each one of them counts for 1/4th of the health bar, and after that more spawn so once again, speed is essential.

Comment

That's the place where you were talking about keeping even crap items for?

And some tips for when you get to

the Four Kings

if you want to use them. I've just beat them.

You need the need the Covenant of Artorias ring to get down to fight him too since you need abyss walking. The Wolf boss in Darkroot Basin drops it.USE HEAVY ARMOUR. This is pretty much a must. Poise will help you a LOT. 2 hand a weapon because using your shield still damages you a bit, with this fight it's better to get it over quicker. Once the first one spawns, just beat the crap out of him as quickly as possible because eventually more start spawning in and you don't want 4 on you at once. Each one of them counts for 1/4th of the health bar, and after that more spawn so once again, speed is essential.

Oh no no. sorry - re: crap items please only read if you don't want to find out by yourself

you can feed them to Frampt the Kingseeker a.k.a. smelly breath dragon who lives in Firelink shrine! He chomps ore chunks unto shards for you and eats items in exchange for souls. I still don't want to feed him my rubbish though - I know you are supposed to do something good with it but I don't know what...

Thanks for the tips by the way I am going to need them, the End Game of Dark is so much harder than Demons... But I still love it!
                    Last edited by ItsThere; 12-10-2011, 16:41.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                      Oh no no. sorry - re: crap items please only read if you don't want to find out by yourself

you can feed them to Frampt the Kingseeker a.k.a. smelly breath dragon who lives in Firelink shrine! He chomps ore chunks unto shards for you and eats items in exchange for souls. I still don't want to feed him my rubbish though - I know you are supposed to do something good with it but I don't know what...
                      Oh right. I already knew that but

he won't let me feed him anything at the minute :/ he's asleep.

Also I can't level up/buy any pyromancy because

I killed the egg guy who sells you spells because he wouldn't let me past. The pyromancer you save from the depths left after he saw a spell I had, and the other one doesn't spawn until you're 10+ on your flame apparently

Last edited by Synthesthesia; 12-10-2011, 16:43.

Comment

Oh right. I already knew that but

he won't let me feed him anything at the minute :/ he's asleep.
                        Same. Hopefully not forever!

Comment

Did the

Butterfly Boss

first go. I went and 'helped' someone else first to see what I was in for. Thought I might be in trouble as I have no ranged attack whatsoever but then it came and settled down and I whipped out the Drake's two handed and took off about 15% health with each swipe. Sadly the guy I was helping was a total muppet and got himself killed. Anyway, went back in on my own, bit of rolling around and a few health drinks for the couple of occasions when I got it wrong and job done.

Comment

Defeated queelaag, wasn't too hard, I had kindled the bonfire before it so I basically just tanked it to death (using up all my flasks and two humanity in the process).

Then went Down into the firey place that's after it and got killed by a giant floaty lava boss..... I'll come back to that later.
                            Last edited by rmoxon; 12-10-2011, 23:10.

Comment

Did Sen's Fortress tonight, lots of loot in there!, love this game, best i've played all year. Off to Anor Londo next!

Comment

I finally cleared out the ghosties from New Londo Ruins - The second building over the crumbled bridge took an ungodly amount of attempts to clear though. The fact those translucent turds can attack you from every possible angle and from a fair distance, coupled with all those narrow walkways and corridors - It's the stuff of nightmares. Projectiles worked a treat though, especially ones that can hit multiple targets.

Also, I beat the

Gaping Dragon

on my first try, which was dead nice...but at the same time, oddly disappointing? Come on Dark Souls, try harder...yeah?

Little tip regarding the regenerating skellies in the catacombs:

I just popped down there after visiting the blacksmith and it seems they don't come back to life if you're using a Divine weapon.

Comment

Working...
                                X