No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The key is in a chest past the dart throwers, not the very top of the structure. Instead of going up after the threadmill you have to go right. On the way to the key you'll find a set of crimson armor and a neat catalyst (if you're a caster, that's it).
    If you go up from the threadmill you end up in the tunnel, but without the key you'll have to pass through were the drakes are, get to Darkroot and so on.

Probably you're missing a ladder. They always have a torch on both ends, search for light sources near walls.

Comment

Has anyone got any hints for the ghosts in Londo Ruins? I've got the ghost dagger but really don't want to go toe to toe with them. Been using a spear to take them out along with the transient curses but I'm constantly being ambushed no matter how carefully I go. To think after traversing Blight town the closest I've come to quitting is fighting bloody ghosts.

Comment

I managed to get a bit further last night, tried beating

Chaos Witch Quelaag

with help from a summon and died. Ended up going back and trying by myself, learnign the attack patterns and did it after a few more attempts. I also went back to the very start of the game

there are some of those big knights there to kill and a item to pick up, managed to bag myself those but left the other demon as I got owned

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post

The key is in a chest past the dart throwers, not the very top of the structure. Instead of going up after the threadmill you have to go right. On the way to the key you'll find a set of crimson armor and a neat catalyst (if you're a caster, that's it).
          If you go up from the threadmill you end up in the tunnel, but without the key you'll have to pass through were the drakes are, get to Darkroot and so on.

Probably you're missing a ladder. They always have a torch on both ends, search for light sources near walls.
          There are two ways to go up the structure. Do you mean the bit where the firekeeper soul is or do you mean all the way up? I'm not missing any ladders anyway I have reached the very top and there is no cave there.

BTW I think I opened the short cut ages ago from Londo as I have a master key, which might explain why the other key isn't in my game.

Comment

The

Tomb of the Giants

is killing me, it isn't so much the boss as the run to the boss that is getting me... By the time I get there I have used all my spells and, as I killed the pyromancy spell salesperson I can't buy any more until NG+...

I've said it before but this game is VAST. I keep thinking it will end and then it goes on and expands even more. Plus there are so many areas that are not essential to explore for the story but MUST be explored because that is what you do. Having to attend work is really getting in the way of playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
              The

Tomb of the Giants

is killing me, it isn't so much the boss as the run to the boss that is getting me... By the time I get there I have used all my spells and, as I killed the pyromancy spell salesperson I can't buy any more until NG+...

I've said it before but this game is VAST. I keep thinking it will end and then it goes on and expands even more. Plus there are so many areas that are not essential to explore for the story but MUST be explored because that is what you do. Having to attend work is really getting in the way of playing.
              Yeah. I had to stop this morning because of work but at the same time the excitement and anticipation of thinking about it, and how I'm going to get a bit futher after work rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                There are two ways to go up the structure. Do you mean the bit where the firekeeper soul is or do you mean all the way up? I'm not missing any ladders anyway I have reached the very top and there is no cave there.

BTW I think I opened the short cut ages ago from Londo as I have a master key, which might explain why the other key isn't in my game.
                I think that the key is still there, I found the binoculars in the Graveyard near Firelink Shrine even if I've chosen them as my gift.
                Both the crimson armor set and the dedicated key should be directly above where the Firekeeper soul is and it's the right path if it ends in a dead end; the cave leading to the Valley of Drakes is in the opposite direction.
                Probably the ladder you're missing is the one where the path splits, if you go right you go to the firekepeer soul and the dead end, up you go to the shortcut.

Comment

Any tips for Dragon Slayer Ornstein and Executioner Smough?

Been trying to kill these two for what seems like hours now with no luck. Got to the 2nd phase a couple of times, even harder. Ive been killing Ornstein first, as a powered up version of him in phase two is a complete nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                    Having to attend work is really getting in the way of playing.
                    Do you find yourself thinking about this all day at work until you get home? It's like being in school again!

Comment

Sweet i love it so far Pyromancer is level 8 and i'm 5 hours in and have just killed that damn taurtus demon god damn my time was so off i think it killed me about 12 times before i go the timing down, then i got my ass handed to me by the damn rats

Comment

@Garny: Yes, kill

the Dragonslayer first with fire attacks, the Executioner is the easier of the two even when his powers are upgraded. Oh and use ranged magic / bows if you want to be safe. TBH I was on about lvl 58 when I finally beat them... Pretty high.

Tough battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                          Do you find yourself thinking about this all day at work until you get home? It's like being in school again!
                          Exactly the same, except also researching it on the internet when I am supposed to be working too!

Comment

Too ill to play this last night. Felt really rough but was still tempted to go play anyway. I didn't, instead i had an early night in preparation for mammoth sesh tonight.

Comment

Popped down to the Londo Ruins after getting cursed last night to try my hand at some ghosty killing, which is pretty tense with half health. Grabbed enough Transient Curse thingies to have the confidence to go down there uncursed and it didn't get much easier...

There's blimming loads of the things.

I made the mistake of just running past them when I got to a certain point on one attempt - "No way they'd follow me this far" I thought, and was horrified when I turned to find an unprecedented cluster of unsavoury whisps floating towards me.

Think I'm just gonna tackle that place until it's done tonight...so I never have to go there again afterwards. I just hope the key to get the

lift at the end operating

is inside the ghost infested building, and my numerous retries are not a complete waste of time!

Comment

I literally haven't touched this due to Rage so have only done the very first mid-boss. I'm hoping to get a few hrs in tomorrow night so, am I right in thinking the best approach would be to get a spear asap?

Comment

Working...
                                X