No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent thanks guys. Just finished it, jesus that last boss was easy. Granted, I am level 94.

Comment

What a fantastic game, held of opening my copy until last week as i wanted the hardback guide (which i was kindly bought for xmas). Wasn't sure if it could match Demon's Souls for me as that's one of the best games i've played this gen but it doesn't disappoint!!
      To begin with i was overwhelmed and missed the Nexus and numbered areas but over the last few days i've fallen in love with it completely

Just beat the

Capra Demon

after numerous failed attempts last night and this morning where my Thief build was getting pummeled the minute i stepped through the fog, did a little dance when i beat him

Comment

I don't think I've got too much left to do on my first playthrough of this splendid game. Just the Four Kings and Gwyn, I think.

Made a glaring error on this playthrough and that is that I have killed all possible fire keepers in order to gain more keeper souls. I've nobody to give them to now. Stuck on Estus +2 this time around. Ah, you play and you learn.

Not sure if I will do a ng+ straight away. Think I will give my unopened Skyrim a go.

Anyone doing much ng+ games?

Comment

I arrived in Anor Londo and defeated the local baddies on NG+5, but stopped afterwards.

Comment

For anyone curious about the Official Guide I wouldn't bother. My review with annotated screens sums it up nicely:
            We don’t normally do “reviews” of things, and we don’t normally look at strategy guides, but the Official Guide for Dark Souls, by FuturePre...

Comment

I'm going to start doing a NG+ game (finally...) but not before I bottomless box glitch a few characters to make a few specific builds at different Souls levels, mainly for co-op'ing. But I'll put aside a few builds for PvE griefing as well.

I heard the first couple or so NG+ runs will be quite easy as you have overpowered gear, and plus you have map/ boss knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by jimtendo View Post
                I heard the first couple or so NG+ runs will be quite easy as you have overpowered gear, and plus you have map/ boss knowledge.
                They are, but if you spend time grinding in each playthorugh nothing becomes hard again.
                Except for the Titanite Demons, they are the deadliest enemy in the game due to their high defenses against everything. Facing them in Sen's,

where the floor is sticky and are massed together,

is hell.

Comment

Yeah those Titanite Demons are a nightmare. Never did beat the two down there.

Comment

There's 4 down there. You can take them out 1 by 1 with ranged peekaboo tactics if you drop down on the left at the beginning of Sens. There is an alcove where the ladder is. The TD wont be able to get you there. Equip rusted ring of better footing and it's not so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                      For anyone curious about the Official Guide I wouldn't bother. My review with annotated screens sums it up nicely:
                      http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/20...s-useless.html
                      100% agree, it's rubbish!!

Looks nice that's about it, i should have just used the surprisingly good IGN wiki guide or the awesome darksouls.wikia for it rather than waiting for the hardback "official" one

They should've got the guys who run the wikia to do it, like they did with the mini guide bundled with the DS Black Phantom edition

Comment

Ah man I already brought it over a month ago and have it sealed ready for when I start Dark Souls. I guess I shouldn't have bothered.

Comment

The guide is great, it's well worth it, even though all the info is online its nice to have it in a guide, especially one that looks so nice.

Comment

Do Fire Keeper souls I have in my inventory carry over to NG+?

Comment

They do.

Comment

You can upgrade your flask up to a maximum of 7 times right?

Comment

Working...
                                X