No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an axe, I think a Crescent Axe that can be found that has Divine properties. TBH you don't even need a Devine weapon. If you can take out the Necromancers quick enough, the skeletons pose little threat. The ghosts in New Londo Ruins are not the problem, there are four or five Dark Wraiths that are on par with Black Knights to deal with.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by yvrmikiw View Post
      I don't recall finding a divine weapon but there is an occult club that can be downgraded to divine +5 at any blacksmith

You don't need a Devine weapon anyway, the skeletons die permanently when you kill the necromancer that resurrects them in each part of the area.

Comment

Also unles you have beaten the Great Grey Wolf Sif, then New Londo Ruins is 100% pointless as you will not be able to progress. You'd be better off getting 6k together to remove the curse.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Items for curse removal are dropped by

the clamshells in the Ash lake

and

before Seath in the Duke's Archive

Comment

Spending 6k would be easier than both of those methods at his current level it would seem. Both difficult areas.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Did it. Got to the roof of the building, removed the curse for the cost of 1 humanity, bought the overpriced spell I can't even use, and grabbed a ton of cool items (Cursebite ring and some fancy bow). Technically I didn't make any "game" progress, but it still felt like an achievement, and I got some goodies in the process.

Not encountered any dark wraiths, luckily. Only ghosts and ghosts that shoot lightning.

Next: my first trip into that diseased city under the sewers.

Comment

The Compound Bow that is. Best standard bow, but don't bother turning it into something else. Use a common short bow for that.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The piano music during the Load Game screen is very Resident Evil-ish. I like.

Comment

In a pathetic cry for help, can someone... help me?

I need more eye of death to get my achievement for all miracles (currently stuck on 900 out of 1000) and it has been so long since I played this I have forgotten how to.

Can anyone help? I also know I need the soul of Ornstein, which is proving hard to get on NG+++

Comment

You can get eyes of death from the basilisks (the great hollow between ash lake and blight town being a good place for 'em), or failing that there's 3 each game in the bit just before Nito and you can buy a limited amount from Patches too.

Summoning Solaire as a damage sponge as well as a human player for Ornstein & Smough worked well for me, I did it on NG+ rather than +++ though...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                        Can anyone help? I also know I need the soul of Ornstein, which is proving hard to get on NG+++
                        Get between his legs, this will make him jump or butt-stomp. The latter is easily avoidable and grants a few free hits; if he jumps just follow him and get between his legs again, hit twice/thrice and see what he's gonna do. You're dead if you stay at long range due to his spear's massive reach and damage, but he's softer than Smough if you stay close.

Comment

Awesome. This is one of the few games that I want to 1000g on. It deserves it.

Will go Black Eye orb hunting tonight.

Comment

I'm nearing the end of my first playthrough of this after putting it down since late october. I went back and went through crystal cave and

killed seath the scaleless, forgetting to chop his tail off

and then went on to kill

Gravelord Nito.

At the minute I'm going around kindling all the bonfires to max, and grinding for titanite slabs (keep just getting chunks . Also somehow I don't have the 7th firekeeper soul, even though I've checked everywhere they are, and killed both characters you can get one off. I have 6. I'm pretty sure I didn't consume one because I remember watching the live stream from IGN just before the game came out and remembered NOT to do this. Glitch, perhaps?

Any idea what soul level is a good one to be at before you go to NG+? I'm currently SL 71. Is it worth maxing out my stamina/HP bars before going to NG+?

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                              Any idea what soul level is a good one to be at before you go to NG+? I'm currently SL 71. Is it worth maxing out my stamina/HP bars before going to NG+?
                              Stamina maxes out at 40 END and HPs at 99 VIT, it's a rather long way to get there. I'd reach END 40 as soon as possible, but not by neglectic other stats. VIT to me was of secondary importance, I wouldn't spend too many points on it.
                              I'd say to 70 is a good level for a NG+, you have all your equipment and you know what you're going to face.
                              About firekeeper souls: maybe you

killed Lautrec too soon, or haven't faced himin Anor Londo or returned the souls got from him to Firelink Shrine

. Other easy to miss souls are found in

New Londo Ruins and by killing the Daughter of Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                                Stamina maxes out at 40 END and HPs at 99 VIT, it's a rather long way to get there. I'd reach END 40 as soon as possible, but not by neglectic other stats. VIT to me was of secondary importance, I wouldn't spend too many points on it.
                                I'd say to 70 is a good level for a NG+, you have all your equipment and you know what you're going to face.
                                About firekeeper souls: maybe you

killed Lautrec too soon, or haven't faced himin Anor Londo or returned the souls got from him to Firelink Shrine

. Other easy to miss souls are found in

New Londo Ruins and by killing the Daughter of Chaos

I definitely

killed Lautrec when I was supposed to. I used that cracked eye orb in Anor Londo and fought him and 2 other guys, I then took the soul back to where the firekeeper he killed was and she was brought back to life.

I definitely didn't miss any, because I purposely went through each one and saw that they weren't there, and tried reinforcing at the firelink shrine keeper. Are they there the next play through? If so it'll be easy enough to suicide the one in New Londo Ruins.

With regards to stats, I have 30 vitality, 30 str, 31 end, 21 dex, 12 res, 16 attunement, 15 int 16 faith.
                                Last edited by Synthesthesia; 09-02-2012, 21:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X