Sonic Generations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Generations

Started a quick go of it last night on the pc, jesus it looks a hell of a lot better coming from trying out the console version. It has performance issues on my pc though, Chemical Plant has framerate problems when there shouldn't be on my rig. Don't know what it is, will have to investigate further.

I've just played the 1st few levels and loving it so far. Getting the same buzz I got from the original MD games and the sense of speed is superb....although it's hard to keep up sometimes!

I'm not anal about the whole 60fps thing but with this game it definitely helps keep things fluid esp. when it's going full pelt. On the whole it looks like a good job has been done porting the game to pc which isn't always the case.

Best ?12 I've spent in a long time and will be ideal when I fancy a quick gaming fix once Skyrim arrives

btw I just ran fraps on Chemical Plant (Acts 1 & 2) and it didn't drop below 60 once so it must be something specific to your set up. Hope you manage to get to the bottom of things and can get on with enjoying the game

Comment

Been playing this also this morning. I must admit I like it, its a hell of a lot better than anything else we have had sonic over the last few years. It mixes up the 3D and 2D nice on the modern sonic levels. I cant say anything bad about the 2D sonic levels they are all pretty cool. Ive been playing it for about 2hrs now and the star of the show is easy the 1st level Green Hill zone.

Biggest problem for me is the 360 version suffers from bad frame rate issues at times also. Shame really. Also they have picked some odd lvls to redo for this, when they there are some clear favs you would think they would have done.

Comment

Not sure what people are loving about this, denial maybe? The backgrounds on Classic sonic are far too detailed/cluttered to see where you are on screen, and modern is the same mess as always.

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
          I've just played the 1st few levels and loving it so far. Getting the same buzz I got from the original MD games and the sense of speed is superb....although it's hard to keep up sometimes!

I'm not anal about the whole 60fps thing but with this game it definitely helps keep things fluid esp. when it's going full pelt. On the whole it looks like a good job has been done porting the game to pc which isn't always the case.

Best ?12 I've spent in a long time and will be ideal when I fancy a quick gaming fix once Skyrim arrives

btw I just ran fraps on Chemical Plant (Acts 1 & 2) and it didn't drop below 60 once so it must be something specific to your set up. Hope you manage to get to the bottom of things and can get on with enjoying the game
          May I ask where this is ?12 on PC, would grab it for that, seen it for ?15 on Play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
            Not sure what people are loving about this, denial maybe? The backgrounds on Classic sonic are far too detailed/cluttered to see where you are on screen, and modern is the same mess as always.
            tbh i thought this too at first, but after 10mins my eyes caught up

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              May I ask where this is ?12 on PC, would grab it for that, seen it for ?15 on Play.
              I pre-ordered a couple of months back when Greenman had a promo on (20 or 25% off I think). Sadly the price has gone up again now
              Last edited by tom-nook; 04-11-2011, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                tbh i thought this too at first, but after 10mins my eyes caught up
                I found that too esp. with the 360 demo. Finding it much less of an issue on pc (prob due to the bump in resolution etc).

Comment

Changed my mind,

CrisisCity

in 2d is now my fav lvl! Not sure which sonic this was from!

Comment

I'm not the only one apparently and it doesn't seem to be peoples pc specs either as almost everyone has something different. Its not radeon, nvidia, intel or amd.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                      http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2220289

I'm not the only one apparently and it doesn't seem to be peoples pc specs either as almost everyone has something different. Its not radeon, nvidia, intel or amd.
                      Yeah I get the same too, FWIW. The rest of the game is solid 60fps, just that one stage.

Despite that, it's definitely worth getting this on PC if you have something that'll run it well. The framerate makes a huge difference in this game for me. Much easier to read what's going on compared to the 360 demo.

Comment

The HUT have failed to deliver Still awaiting dispatch

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                          Started a quick go of it last night on the pc, jesus it looks a hell of a lot better coming from trying out the console version. It has performance issues on my pc though, Chemical Plant has framerate problems when there shouldn't be on my rig. Don't know what it is, will have to investigate further.
                          Getting this too. Not sure of the cause. CPU usage is quite high, but it doesn't seem significantly more so in the troublesome areas than anywhere else, and GPU usage is moderate but not too stressful. I'm also getting what looks like microstuttering.

EDIT: Anyway, apart from that the game is a good one and much better than the recent entries in the main Sonic series. The only major criticism I have is that the main game is really short. There are plenty of side missions that you don't have to do but unlike games like Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 the core game can be beaten in a few hours. A few levels from games not featured would have been nice too, such as Sonic 3 and Sonic CD. There is a rival battle against Metal Sonic based on the Stardust Speedway boss battle, so Sonic CD isn't completely ignored (unlike 3), but more would have been better.
                          Last edited by Silanda; 04-11-2011, 16:26.

Comment

I bought it for Ps3 and my opinion is mixed. First of all, the consoles are done for. This, BF3 and others are just not up to snuff when it comes to performance. The game looks ropey at times and the framerate is just not what it should be. Playing City Escape Act 2 was a nice touch, but the SA2 original actually ran twice as smooth!

The differences in input and framerate between this and the Sonic 1 unlockable is also very glaring.

As for the game itself, I think its solid but I feel Sega should've just sticked to the original 4 Sonics and CD. I just don't like the stages of Heroes, SA2 etc. City Escape 2D was terrible.
                            Last edited by saturn-gamer; 04-11-2011, 16:36.

Comment

well Sky Sanctuary is technically sonic3 once you plug in S&K, still the lack of themed levels is strange, no ice, mountain, Lava or jungle.

Comment

Working...
                              X