No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My horse has even managed to take me INSIDE a mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      My horse has even managed to take me INSIDE a mountain.
      Enchanted Saddle...?

Absolutely love this. It matches the quality of sidequests with the main bulk of the story like no other game, and because there's no way of fast-travelling initially, there's a natural instinct to explore everything on the way to your next goal. I stopped off at Ivarstaed (or something like that) on the way to the Greybeards and ended up mopping up every last side quest before I moved on.

Trekked up to the Shrine of Azura last night, all the while bookmarking caves and pits to explore on my journey back, raiding the odd fort and talking with everyone I met. When I got there I inevitably wanted to travel further still and I'm now studying magic in some sinister version of Hogwarts. It's awesome how organically this game flows.

It's turning in to a massive time sink, mind. I'm off out tonight, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll have a 'quick half-hour' on it when I get back.

Comment

Agree with all the above. One thing i woudl say though - and I don't know how often this could crop up - is that the night before last i randomly came across a cave, went in there, killed everyone and looted everything. All fine. Then, last night I went on a quest for an NPC which basically saw me re-doing that cave. Everything had respawned in the same place so I was almost* literally doing the whole cave over again. No big deal but I'm now thinking that I'll just go questing and not touch random caves.

I don't know what's happened to Lydia. I wonder if I can report her to the Yarl for not doing her job properly?

*There were half a dozen extra enemies related to the actual quest in there this time.

Comment

Hah, i love the horses. They mountain climbing abilities are astounding, i even took a pointless shortcut with one to fight a blood dragon at the top of a mountain.
          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 16-11-2011, 17:53.

Comment

Antigrav horses!!! i must go find a horse it sounds fun

Finished all the mages set of quests now so im now going to try one of the other guilds, think bards college might be interesting, get my speech skills brushed up on. Daedric quests might be fun to do as they all give you a cool unique item for completing im hoping that the skeleton key from the oblivion daedric quests is one of the skyrim items too.

Comment

I'm hardly even doing quests right now. Just wandering about robbing folk of all their cool stuff.

Managed to save up almost 9,000G now so gonna head off to Solitude and buy one of the nice houses so I can eventually store all my stuff in one place instead of having to leave it in random barrels and hoping they don't get nicked! Then I'll start placing all my books individually on shelves and lining all my weapons up, and keeping all my ingredients together in the one chest.

Ohhh I can't wait to get organising!!

Comment

You might want to save a bit more as the house in solitude costs 25,000 The cheapest house is the one in Whiterun for 8,000

If you start the mages guild set of quests you get given a room at the college so theres somewhere safe to store your loot till you buy a house of your own.

Comment

I think the house in Whiterun cost me 5,000.

Comment

If you start the mages guild set of quests you get given a room at the college so theres somewhere safe to store your loot till you buy a house of your own.
                    It's not treated as 'yours' so if you leave anything in this room it'll vanish after a day or two. So I hear anyway, haven't even seen this city yet!

The whiterun house is all I need so far, mainly for storing dragon bones which weigh loads.

Although I'm piling in the hours in this I don't feel like I'm achieving that much. Finishing all sorts of quests but none of the main plotlines are progressing at all!

Comment

Nope the items you leave in your dorm room are quite safe i haven't had anything vanish from any of the storage spaces in that room as the room is yours, i have gotten right to the end ofthe mages guild questline & i have yet to have anything go missing from that room. Although if you do complete the mages quests you get given somewhere nicer to live

Comment

I seem to be spending this week doing the Daedric artifact quests. They're suitably mental, as working for the demons of this world should be.

The one for Peyrite?

Cultist: "Oh great Peyrite, why do you not respond to our prayers? Give us a sign!"
                        Second Cultist: "Yes, a sign! Show us a sign!"
                        Me: *shoots them both in the forehead*

I mean seriously, there's no way I can resist that kind of setup for some comic timing...

Comment

Main mission prgress slowed last night as locations and side missions finally reared their head on my travels. I took out a camp, ghostbusted a haunted abandoned prison and said farewell to Lydia when a mage killed her on an assault at their Fort. I'm definitely sitting at the halfway point of the main quest now with another main quest down at just over the 9 hr marker. Level 11 now and magic is coming more to the fore.

Comment

It's so bloody hard not to get sidetracked. I often start out by deciding that I'm going to do a certain mission, get it out of the way, but I find so much interesting stuff along the way that I end up going to bed with said mission still unresolved!

I bumped into a farmer on my travels who was taking a cow to be sacrificed to a group of giants. I'm annoyed because at the time I left him and carried on my way, but now I wish I'd followed him to where he was going. I know where it was on the map though, so hopefully I can go back and he'll be there again.

Comment

Level 10, been using magic for everything but have now decided that archery is extremely cool so am speccing for that. Killed another Dragon so have 3 shouts now. Was really tired and fell asleep at the keyboard which resulted in me applying pressure to both mouse buttons which in turn resulted in me torching a tavern and everyone in it. Decided I ought to go to bed.

Comment

Aha - fire, yes that sounds like the way to go when I destroy the rest of those pesky bards whose guild I discovered last night. I'll just torch the place, after I've completed the guild's quests of course. I've just about wiped the rest of them out from the Taverns of Skyrim.

Comment

Working...
                                X