Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I managed to kill Lydia last night too. On a bridge with

Delphine en route to a dragon burial site

and some bandits attacked. Between the three of us, we made pretty short work of them all, then just as I take one last swing at the last bandit, Lydia fells him instead and I connect with her head. Sorted. There wasn't much room to manoeuvre since the bridge was only narrow so I was trying not to fall off. Bums.
    Nevermind, like pretty much everyone's saying, I didn't find here that handy anyway. She was always getting mashed up by things or falling off ledges anyway.

Comment

I've maxed out on stealth, creeping in the shadows with my bow is always awesome. If anything gets too close whip out my two handed weapon for extra punishment. Love this game.

Currently doing the Dark Brotherhood quest-line.

Comment

Double Firehose attack for me and if my bar gets closer to minimum before theirs I just dragon shout at them before finishing them off. Feels great. Not Dark Souls levels of combat but it's better than Oblivion IMO.

Comment

Maxed out 'unrelenting force' shout is hilarious. Instant kills on most things if they're unfortunate enough to be near any kind of drop...

I've spent most of the game so far using the fire breath shout, but it's too weak now for the enemies I'm coming across and I haven't found the second word for it yet.

Annoyingly, the only other ones I've found the second word for so far are ones that don't match my play style.

Comment

Found an amazing croud control shout last night which even at level one I managed to wipe out the whole of Solitude The guards eventually caught up with me and weren't best pleased. I've mostly been using the fireball shout (level 1) but I think it's time to change back to Unrelenting Force if only for the comedy value. Can't wait to see these at level three!

Comment

Using shouts is really helpful, if you can remember you have them (I keep forgeting).

As you get further into this there are some enemies that are insanley tough and the only way I have managed to beat them is to shout at them, hit them a few times and then hide until my shout is recharged, then repeat.

Might be a bit cheap, but like I said some of the enemies are REALLY tough.

Comment

I've only really used the 'dash shout' for dodging traps so far, I'd pegged the fireball type one as useless but it's clearly not based on the last few posts.

Tonight, I will be shouting my tats off.

Comment

I've only mostly used the dash shout too - I really should take a look at the others that I've acquired.

So 50 hours now (and cheeky review link), this definitely has GOTY written all over it. I thought Oblivion was epic, and although Skyrim hasn't really departed from the formula at all, it's definitely refined the experience.

What I really like now is that pretty much all of the objects you can pick up, can be used, changed, moulded and crafted into something useful while increasing your skills and levelling you up. I also like the expended guild varieties.

I'm tempted now to try and become a vamp or werewolf - just for the laughs.

Comment

I just got smacked by a giant. He hit me so far in the air I never even landed.

Comment

Had a few hours to play this yesterday and spent the majority of the time adding mods. Went and hit play and nothing happened. Epic Fail.

But then I fixed it and played for an hour or so today and all is well again. Screw the mods, I'll do them when I have more time. Wondered the whole way from Riften to Markarth which was an awesome journey across beautiful open landscapes and high snowy mountains. Took ages but got in some fights along the way and made myself not go into any dungeons as it would have taken me well off track.

Really annoyed I don't have proper time to play this solid for days on end right now. Its the way the game should be played rather than an hour here and there. But it will do.

Loving it anyway.

Comment

There are mods already? Any of them useful Rossco?

Comment

I have to say it. I didn't like Oblivion. I had a great time with Morrowind on the Xbox but for some reason Oblivion just rubbed me up the wrong way with its story and I shelved it never to return after a matter of 20 hours.

This though. First hour or so I was underwhelmed and getting the same vibe but all of a sudden it's all clicked. I've got the first couple of shouts. I've started levelling up my character (red guard L13) the way I want to play... Which is stealth with bow, plus one handed sword/shield. Finally once it hits its stride this is unrivalled.

Dare I say it they've got the combat nailed this time which was a huge thing for me. The voice acting is a mixed bag but again they've done away with zooming in on faces and all that nonsense so everything feels more grounded in this new world. It's just plain awesome stuff.

The stand out for me though are the dungeons. I've done about four so far and they're just a step above anything I've seen before in an Elder Scrolls game. I think that coupled with the combat is what's hooked me this time.

Comment

I just love the way game takes you on such unexpected journeys. I was just padding around and was completing a random quest when I saw a bloke sitting in the corner of the bar, which leads to the following

He challenges me to a drinking contest and I except, after three drinks I wake up in a town I have never been to before and am getting told off by some priest for trashing their temple! I clean it up, say sorry and head outside. Now I am embroiled in a whole range of new quests and missions

Incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                              There are mods already? Any of them useful Rossco?
                              They are all pretty much visual tweaks. The ones I tried were better quality blood splats, a fix for the weird polygon issue on noses and chins, lens flare, better night sky, performance tweaks and a wholehost of post process effects to give better colour to the world.

I must have messed up though since it didn't work so if I do it again I'll do one at a time obviously and back up each time. Such a noob effort first time.

Comment

If you have a companion how do you give them weapons and armour? Won't let me.

Comment

Working...
                                X