The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
    Main mission prgress slowed last night as locations and side missions finally reared their head on my travels. I took out a camp, ghostbusted a haunted abandoned prison and said farewell to Lydia when a mage killed her on an assault at their Fort. I'm definitely sitting at the halfway point of the main quest now with another main quest down at just over the 9 hr marker. Level 11 now and magic is coming more to the fore.
    Lydia cant die unless you finish her off yourself, if enemies knock her down she just needs to be revived. So you must have accidently killed her.

To be honest she gets in the way constantly and Im suprised you hadnt done her in already, shes a bitpointless really, I leave her at home now.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      Level 10, been using magic for everything but have now decided that archery is extremely cool so am speccing for that. Killed another Dragon so have 3 shouts now. Was really tired and fell asleep at the keyboard which resulted in me applying pressure to both mouse buttons which in turn resulted in me torching a tavern and everyone in it. Decided I ought to go to bed.
      Hold on, you can burn buildings down?? Does everyone inside run out?

Comment

I've had Lydia die several times without me being around her, she can take plenty punishment but can definitely snuff it. After the last time I left her dead as my hammer of justice is enough support for me

Comment

Yeah, if Lydia's in the 'I yield!' pose an enemy can apply a finisher same as you can. The AI doesn't seem to actively go for her, but if there's lots of area of effect spells kicking off it's very easy for her to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by momobeast View Post
            Hold on, you can burn buildings down?? Does everyone inside run out?
            Sorry, my melodrama caused confusion. No, I just started squirting fire everywhere by mistake. Nothing burned down.

Comment

You can burn down bee hives.

Comment

^ don't know why but that made me lol. Damn I want this game. Santa...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                  Yeah, if Lydia's in the 'I yield!' pose an enemy can apply a finisher same as you can. The AI doesn't seem to actively go for her, but if there's lots of area of effect spells kicking off it's very easy for her to drop.
                  This doesnt happen for me, Ive watched and when shes down the enemy always leaves her alone and goes after you.

The thing is most people wont even realise that it is themselfs who has killed lydia, she often dives in front of you without you even realising.

Comment

That's what I thought at first as she gets in the way but the last couple of times in the mage fort assault she was in a different room. Flabio's explaination regarding magic based attacks seems right as the enemies were blasting fireballs here there and everywhere which came across effective against her. Still, I nicked her shoes, so something to remember her by.

Comment

They should have just made it so she was "downed" until you went and picked her up, she shouldnt be able to die, it just makes the combat really frustrating whenever you take her (or indeed anyone else who can die) out with you on a quest.

I'm currently favouring the fireball spell, which has a 15ft blast radius, and it means I cant help but constantly kill anyone I have with me really.
                      Last edited by rmoxon; 17-11-2011, 14:47.

Comment

I play stealth, shooting arrows from the dark corners, and she was utterly useless to me as she kept revelaing where we were to the enemies. So I don't miss her at all.

Useful to have a distraction when fighting dragons though, but I carry a staff now that summons things to draw its attention away from me.

Comment

I just lost Lydia to a crazy hard boss, she went into yield mode whilst sat in a pool of fire. I spent hours getting her the best kit too
                          Oh well, looted and money made, so not all bad.

Stupidly hard dungeon though, location

east of Riften up a mountain

quest is given just outside. Target

a dragon priest

40 hours in now and seriously thinking this is the best game ever made. There are a few issues but never has a game gripped me so much. Am I own my own here?

Comment

It's certainly the most time I've spent on one game this year, and the only one that's had me staying up way past my usual bedtime since Fallout 3.

Comment

Super hyped for this, yet over a month still to go before I get to experience it for myself

I can only hope Zelda lasts me for a fair bit of time (not too long mind)

Comment

I'm enjoying hearing your various experiences too.

I've just started Oblivion, so doubt I'll be playing this any time soon, but I'm loving your various adventures!

Comment

Working...
                                X