• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...ta

Comment

Looks like i'll wait for PS3 GOTY edition

Comment

Good article, that. Disgraceful to release game in that state. Me effin and blindin about digital foundry screenies in front of pc, turns out my missus got it for me for chrimble! Gonna lob it back to the shops pronto, balls to it.

Comment

Still playing this solid, but it needs fixing asap! Playing on PS3 and haven't had much trouble with the framerate but had huge problems with the magic resistances. I play an Orc melee weapon/shield user and have a bunch of problems to deal with now. I think the Orc racial ability is broken as it is supposed to half damage taken but I still get destroyed by mages. My shield perk should half magic damage when I'm blocking, except now it doesn't. Getting really destroyed. The last dungeon I was in seemed like a piss take, it was full of mages and some rooms had up to 4 in them. Can try and pick them off one by one using cheap tricks but that's not cool.

Tried to delete the game data and play the version before the resistance issues, but when I go to load my game it says I need the patched game to use those saves.

Comment

So glad I waited for all the updates on this as having played both fallouts and both taking over my life, this will be very special I hope but Zelda is so good and that will no doubt keep me going a good few weeks.

Comment

well installed the patch on the pc....performance seems better...unfortunetly having flying backward dragons now that wont land

Comment

Not had that after patching on 360, but as they're meant to be fixing that in another drop this week anyway...

It's more the buggering up of the resistances that's doing me in.

Comment

Had this running on laptop fine. Home to get it on my much more powerful PC and it runs at 60FPS according to fraps mainly but it still seems like there is a stutter. I can't explain it. It's really weird, and very annoying.

Comment

Auto update means steam patched this. Gonna uninstall in install from disc again and turn auto patch off.

Comment

I thought something was up after the patch, just started playing again(360, whichnow looks even better) after 4 day break to play saints row and some fifa but coming back to my save i was inthe middle of dungeon full of mages, they where pretty hard before when they ganged up but now i can't take single mage on, 2 ice spells and im on the floor let alone a bunch of them flinging magic **** at me..

please tell me this magic stuff going to be fixed.

Comment

I was thinking of getting this today but I'be had enough of broken games that require patches... Especially after the patches break the game even further. Do they not have anyone to test?

I bet Zelda doesn't have these problems.

Comment

Ah, the old 'don't they test these things?' argument.

Nothing winds up someone who's worked test more than that.

Most of the time it's production saying it's too risky / unimportant to fix rather than test not finding it.

In this case I suspect all the bad press made them rush through the first patch. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Could've delayed release I suppose, but the money lost from that (having to cancel advertising, and the rest...) probably outweighs the cost of post release patching.

Essentially, everything going wrong here is going to be at high level, and probably has the actual devs as pissed off about the situation as gamers are.

Comment

I still fail to understand how potentially fixing some graphical glitches results in the exclusion of all magical resistances in the game.

You'd never see this kind of thing happen with Zelda (which is what I'd ultimately be purchasing if I had the environment to comfortably play it in).

OK, question #2. Can I still play the un-patched version if I sign out of XBL before inserting my disc? Or will it only let me play if I run the update which requires me to connect to XBL? All games do the 1 second patch thing, but with this do I get the option of actually upgrading to 1.2 or not?

Comment

I have a 117 hours invested in the Xbox360 with very little issues (the stuck quest which unlocked itself after companion died, a couple of lock-ups requiring a reset and some items from misc quest stuck in inventory that the NPC didn't take). It's hardly a bug ridden mess.

I don't believe you can choose which patch you apply, you can play at 1.0 on the disk signed-out of XBL or 1.2 which went live last week. Saves games are not backwardly compatible. 1.3 is supposedly patching this week.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 05-12-2011, 08:34.

Comment

With something like Skyrim it's probably far too complicated to cover everything, though there are some obvious ones they should have addressed before launch. Typically though, this gen there has been far too much reliance on post release patches rather than doing a proper job on Day 1

Comment

Working...
                                X