No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The resistance bug is basically that it doesn't matter what your character *says* their resistances are, they're not currently being applied.

You would only really notice it if you'd played it prior to the patch.

Comment

I was about to post asking if there was a bug on the quest you do to join The Thieves Guild (A Chance Arrangement) but I just looked it up and found out it wasn't a bug, I was just being really dense Although, naturally, the quest does have other bugs!

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      I had backward flying dragons twice last night.
      I've had that on one particular Dragon, one you have to kill for a side mission (I forget the name), very annoying that I can't complete it because of that.

I've had a couple of misc objects floating in the air too, boots, books, etc.

Comment

I'm still playing 1.0, but I'd hardly call broken quest NPCs meaning I'm locked out of progression and irremovable quest items as being subtle.

I'm also locked out of my house after the

Siege on Whiterun

. It just means I have to avoid that particular Stormcloak progression until it's fixed so I can carry on with my exploration and foraging. Happy days...

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          I'm still playing 1.0, but I'd hardly call broken quest NPCs meaning I'm locked out of progression and irremovable quest items as being subtle.

I'm also locked out of my house after the

Siege on Whiterun

. It just means I have to avoid that particular Stormcloak progression until it's fixed so I can carry on with my exploration and foraging. Happy days...
          None of that has ever happened to me, I guess I truly am lucky.

Comment

There was a day zero patch, so I suspect 1.1 fixed many of the issues from 1.0. Shame 1.2 made things worse.

Comment

Any word on when 1.3 will drop? I'm still running 1.1 which is fine but I'd like the texture bug to be fixed!

Comment

Cert takes at least a week on the consoles, so I'd expect it some point next week.

Comment

Anyone who's playing older versions and has problems should probably just update to 1.2. I played like that for almost a week on PC and the lack of resistances really didn't matter much at all. Of course, I take no responsibility if you do it and get stuck somewhere .

Comment

Started this eve with a clear mission of where i wanted to go, but ended up finding so much cool stuff i figured i would just continue exploring the last few days skyrim has got its hooks in me like oblivion did,

upon clearing a tomb today the final bad guy in there was a druga king or something sat on a throne and everything, he was hard as nails and used up all my potions. upon killing him and raideing his stash of cool stuff i ventured outside only to be atop a mountain containing a monument with a new dragon shout cool i thought walking over to clame the shout.

Upon doing so im attacked by this hard as nails flying guy who rose out of a cofin. much hideing behind rocks and duel wileding magic followed, and upon killing this thing i got an ace mask that lets me breath under water so explored the coast a bit and some cave pools and found some good hauls of treasure, that would be imposible to get too without this item

the stuff you just stumble upon kicks the ass out of the main quest.

Comment

Yup, the exploring is getting better and better for me now that I decided to stop fast travelling completely! You learn more about the area and stick around for a while clearing any quests you have in the vicinity then move off to another town and spend a while there doing the same. It's quite a good way to work and when you pass a dungeon or area on your paths, just jump in and explore. The amount of things I've came across since I started playing this way is amazing. And finally found the quest for the Azuras Star. Can't wait to get that completed.

Nearing 50 hours now, this is addictive.

Comment

Unlike WoW I like to only complete one or two quests in one area before moving on, gives me reason to re-visit later on.

Oh yeah, very minor spoiler I won't bother covering up... But if you want a real surprise quest chain take up the drinking challenge from the piss-head.

Comment

Aye that's a good one, nearly as good as the talking dog quest

Comment

Marty,

I spent nearly an hour trying to kill that Fire Wizard towards the final leg of that quest... Playing on Master at lvl17 . I didn't even take one pixel of health off of him in all that time before realising I could just run past him. It's few and far between when I have to bail out like that in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              Aye that's a good one, nearly as good as the talking dog quest
                              I was so surprised by that quest! It's not really the kind of quest you expect to get in the Elder Scrolls, seems more like something that would happen in Fable

Comment

Loved that dog quest?

Did you kill the dog or refuse to follow the god's order?

Comment

Working...
                                X