No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd jump straight into Skyrim if I were you. While the Elder Scrolls all take place in the same world, they are quite self-contained. In my opinion, Oblivion takes a bit longer to get into.

Comment

Yeah, skip Oblivion if you haven't played it. This is a much better game and while there are references to events in the previous 4 games, they're in the form of 'legends and tales' you can read in books. You're not going to miss out on anything other than a few fun references from not having played the others.

Comment

Well finally completed the main quest, sadly no cool loot from final story quest but there were some other cool things to come out of it. Now tracking down the words of power & looting every dungeon i can find, only thing thats pissing me off is a certain quest item is clogging up my inventory i have already completed the quest & i still have the thing & i can't store it. Problem it has a weight of 20 so im now bogged down with the thing.
        Last edited by importaku; 27-11-2011, 13:59.

Comment

Hit the 85 hour mark last night after completing the

Dragon priest mask quest

Pretty cool to have them all but they were hard to get, the coolest bit is....

the fact that not only do they each give you a pretty awesome stat boost but you can also use all 8 to get the final one which is made of gold & gives you an even better ability

Worth a fortune if you sell them all but they are unique so hold onto them, plus each of the

Dragon priests

wearing them is a pain to kill so not easy to get. They all seem to have a great weapon that you can loot off them too, especially if you love fighting with magic.

Love exploing the Dwemer ruins that are dotted about it feels very bioshock when you see all that art deco bronze detailling all over the place they are my favourite places to explore, there is one dungeon thats an amazing Dwemer city underground my jaw dropped when i saw it for the first time. Plus it's refreshing to be fighting ancient automotons, they seem far fetched but using soul gems as a power source makes them plausable in the game world. Dwarves were certainly the high tech race

Cant wait for the dlc, im hoping for a massive shivering isles expansion later on next year hopefully but will be quite happy with more dungeons & stuff. I didn't mind paying for all the dlc in oblivion (horse armour excluded lol)
          Last edited by importaku; 27-11-2011, 14:11.

Comment

I've broken the 100 hour mark now - I'm a level 50 double-enchanting, dragon armour legendary deadric bow wielding, sneaking assassin thief

Comment

I feel sorry for anything that crosses your path LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                I'm a level 50 double-enchanting, dragon armour legendary deadric bow wielding, sneaking assassin thief
                Brilliant!

Comment

2.01 patch released for ps3

Comment

Just about reaching the end of Skyrim now - I've completed all the main quest lines. The final Imperial mission was harder than the boss battle with Alduin who fell like a shot partridge, the skirmishes are pretty epic. It was partly my own fault as I didn't bring enough arrows with me and ran out and went in at night, but then a dragon showed up and started breathing fire everywhere, causing carnage. I don't know whether it was scripted or just random, either way it made things a lot more difficult. Worth doing the Imperial/Stormcloak quest line for the battles (the achievements are the same whichever side you pick), even if they are all a bit similar.

I bought the house in Solitude and kitted it out at an expense of around 33K, but I think I prefer the property in Markarth - still got pockets full of cash though and it means beggars now say gives us a coin, you can spare it.

I've got the thief side missions to get through and some other miscellaneous stuff, but I can't see it lasting much longer and I'm not sure I'm going to do a second play-through, maybe later; after close to 110 hours though, I'd say it's a game that is pretty decent value for money
                    Last edited by MartyG; 28-11-2011, 10:01.

Comment

well after playing with the ps3 patch installed for about an hour i can say that the game runs a lot smoother.
                      I've not had any stuttering and no slowdown when busy(was fighting a dragon and 5mercs while trying to do a thiefs guild quest).

one thing i have noticed though is that when manually saving the kb size is decreasing(a very good thing) as this is what was causing a lot of the stuttering and slowdown and eventual crashing so it seems the memory leaks have been fixed.

Comment

...any other views on ps3 patch? I've heard tell certain corners of the internet are already braying it's still broken. Need to know...My very purchase depends on it!

Comment

to be brutally honest the patch is fine, slowdown no longer occurs over a period of time, inside dungeons the framerate is spot on and out on the field its excellent to(ive put about 5 hours in post patch) but quick travelling to towns is still a bit hit and miss.
                          Sometimes when you quick travel to a town it loads the town and all inhabitants perfectly and the framerate stays high and other times it'll stutter for about 2-3 seconds while it streams everything in and then all is well again.
                          I'm still playing with all the various auto save features turned off so have to manually save when i feel the need so i'm not sure if thats helping.
                          I've also had zero crashes post patch to, playing before the patch when the slowdown occured it would sometimes get so bad it would turn into a slide show and just stop and lock up the ps3 and other times it would just crash on loading screens but again this is completely fixed.

Comment

People are reporting that the texture quality has been downgraded with the PS3 release since the patch. Ironic, given the 360 texture issues have been fixed.

Comment

The 360 hasn't been patched yet though, has it?

Comment

360 patch props on Wednesday apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X