The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by endo View Post
    It hasn't looked too bad at all for me, playing from the HDD. That said, some snow textures certainly seem wrong- completely flat white with no detail. I've also come across a few where a texture (or part of a texture) just hasn't appeared at all and there's a blank spot.
    I cba uninstalling and putting up with the drive noise in the meantime though, what a pain.
    Its fairly presentable running off the HDD, but when its bad its pretty bad! I found running off the disc it stuttered a bit too much.

Waiting for the patch

Comment

It seems the mods are already coming thick and fast for the PC version, plenty of higher resolution texture packs etc. I'll be waiting until a complete community texture pack is released though.

This looks rather compelling for those of us playing using a 360 controller http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=622

Comment

Just checked and I'm at 216 locations discovered, and still finding new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
          It seems the mods are already coming thick and fast for the PC version, plenty of higher resolution texture packs etc. I'll be waiting until a complete community texture pack is released though.

This looks rather compelling for those of us playing using a 360 controller http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=622
          Nice find. I was annoyed there wasnt a button for quick save and that you could only access the favourites menu instead of hotkeying specific weapons.

Comment

Yes, I know, linking it in two different threads, but I like it!

Comment

Been playing most of last week, before SR3 arrived and found almost the same thing with both games. overall the experience was visually better and more streamlined but almost at the cost of the vast scale of the game which meant the reduction of many enjoyed features. That said there has been many things that have been reduced or redesigned that where too over complex with Oblivion and feel much more refined/natural in Skyrim. Things like removing the repair hammers and removing rest to sleep, in fact this seems like a refinement coming from Fallout and uses the same sort of lock-pick game which is a welcome addition.

I do think though that I am missing things like the environment and flora from Oblivion, not so much of the wonderful forest environment and a lack of architecture than that found at the imperial city. I also really miss the sprawling sub level of the caves and sewers, which seem almost totally absent and even the ones that exist seem small sometimes going into the equivalent in Skyrim sees maybe one or two rooms before getting to a dead end.

With the ruins there often is a reliance of finding a key in the shape of a claw to open a door to access new abilities which consist of going through samey gameplay and monsters. However I do feel I am not missing the Oblivion gates of the previous title and much prefer the Dragon battle even though they all seem strangely easy to fight in most occasions.

I can see myself being more bored of this that Oblivion and maybe it is just lack of interesting locals and lack of finding non story/mission related colour information in random caves or locals. It's still a real fun and engaging do anything world but just feels a little too cookie cutter and possibly the snow environments feel even more boring that the Fallout wastelands.

I am on holiday at the moment so maybe I will feel more of a want to play this when I get back, but from a few hours on SR3 at the weekend I feel more inclined to play that first which says alot I feel.

Comment

Popped a wicker basket over a chaps head in order to nick a minor quest item today. I'd have felt like a dirty cheat, but the rustling of the basket as I skillfully teased it onto his noggin, coupled with him calmly asking "what are you doing?!" whilst sat totally motionless was hilarious.

Completed the Mage's College quests too, with each mission being a triumph and the rewards at the end being particularly ace. Felt a bit overwhelmed as to what to do next after everything suddenly reverted back to normal, but I took a few steps into town and the courier handed my next adventure to me in letter form.

Love this game.

Comment

I am on holiday at the moment so maybe I will feel more of a want to play this when I get back, but from a few hours on SR3 at the weekend I feel more inclined to play that first which says alot I feel.
                  It says a lot about you, it certainly does ;-)
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by FelixofMars View Post
                    Been playing most of last week, before SR3 arrived and found almost the same thing with both games. overall the experience was visually better and more streamlined but almost at the cost of the vast scale of the game which meant the reduction of many enjoyed features. That said there has been many things that have been reduced or redesigned that where too over complex with Oblivion and feel much more refined/natural in Skyrim. Things like removing the repair hammers and removing rest to sleep, in fact this seems like a refinement coming from Fallout and uses the same sort of lock-pick game which is a welcome addition.

I do think though that I am missing things like the environment and flora from Oblivion, not so much of the wonderful forest environment and a lack of architecture than that found at the imperial city. I also really miss the sprawling sub level of the caves and sewers, which seem almost totally absent and even the ones that exist seem small sometimes going into the equivalent in Skyrim sees maybe one or two rooms before getting to a dead end.

With the ruins there often is a reliance of finding a key in the shape of a claw to open a door to access new abilities which consist of going through samey gameplay and monsters. However I do feel I am not missing the Oblivion gates of the previous title and much prefer the Dragon battle even though they all seem strangely easy to fight in most occasions.

I can see myself being more bored of this that Oblivion and maybe it is just lack of interesting locals and lack of finding non story/mission related colour information in random caves or locals. It's still a real fun and engaging do anything world but just feels a little too cookie cutter and possibly the snow environments feel even more boring that the Fallout wastelands.

For my money its the exact opposite of almost everything you said. The games flaws are so small when looked overall. IMO its a masterpiece pure and simple, and a refinement of everything that made oblivion such an amazing game. There will not be a better game this or possibly even(unless its another bethesda scrolls game) next generation.

What is SR3 btw excuse my ignorance?

Comment

I assume Saints Row 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                        I assume Saints Row 3.

Comment

will spoiler this just in case its not plot related just some random thing i found in a very random place

i was talking to a friend on live so just doing a bit of wandering when i came across a house down a ravine it was quite off the beaten track and right next to the river, a tree had completly crushed it and looking inside i could see a guy had also been crushed by the tree he was called lucky dave or something and he had a treasure map on him so im hunting treasure now lol

Comment

Beginning of the dark brotherhood.

I had a dilemma when I was

Kidnapped by someone from the dark brotherhood and told to kill one of three people in a room who had also been kidnapped. I chose to kill the 3rd person on the right.

Who did you choose to kill?

Comment

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Just nothing? Or are Bethesda making up for the horse armour fiasco in style this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                                Who did you choose to kill?

I slaughtered all three, just to be sure

Comment

Working...
                                X