No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really haven't had that many issues though?! Yeah a few bugs but no better or worse than in other open world games. I did try this mod anyway but it seems that I was getting a pretty steady 60FPS anyway (apart from in some towns) so its pretty much no difference to my game.

Comment

How do you install this thing. I'm actually lost.

Edit:

Right, I realise you need to install SKSE then the mod. But it still doesn't seem to work. You're supposed to open command prompt and run "skse_loader -editor" but I get an error saying "Can't find CreationKit.exe". I run the skse_loader.exe file and the game loads but the fps are exactly the same as they are without adding the TESVAL.dll file to the Data\SKSE\Plugins foler.

Out of ideas now.
      Last edited by Rossco; 23-12-2011, 19:38.

Comment

What FPS are you getting? I've installed mine right but it's no faster because my gfx card is the limiting factor. If your PC is already pretty meaty you'll see no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          It makes me wonder though, if this game is worth a ten if there are so many problems? Surely a nine is a max you can give a product with so many issues?

Not played it myself yet so it is a point for everyone else. Looking forward to it greatly though.
          Bar one backwards flying dragon I haven't had a single problem but then I never take a companion and do use fast travel. I have about 85 hours on the clock at the moment. I love the game and so can justify the 10 to myself (tho' I have clearly just jinxed it).

My biggest problem came in locating the quest giver for a previously mentioned Daedric artifact quest. I traipsed round every town and village in the game before finding him in Ivarstad of all places.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
            What FPS are you getting? I've installed mine right but it's no faster because my gfx card is the limiting factor. If your PC is already pretty meaty you'll see no difference.
            45-55 in cities. Thought it would bump up but it didn't. Not really a big deal though as my PC does handle the game well, would just have liked to knock up AA if this worked.

Comment

People complaining about the bugs on a game like this reminds me how naive most gamers are, no offence to anyone. Its just human nature I think, we like to be the experts, we like to complain. People take things for granted too much of the time and fail to see, to appreciate the bigger picture.
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                45-55 in cities. Thought it would bump up but it didn't. Not really a big deal though as my PC does handle the game well, would just have liked to knock up AA if this worked.
                What cpu and gfx do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                  People complaining about the bugs on a game like this reminds me how naive most gamers are, no offence to anyone. Its just human nature I think, we like to be the experts, we like to complain. People take things for granted too much of the time and fail to see, to appreciate the bigger picture.
                  Depends on the bugs, though - if any part of a game cannot be completed, then that's something worth moaning about. Seeing as, y'know, people are paying money for it.

The thing is, you might as well use that argument for any game that someone might care to moan about. I'd wager that at least 90% of games that are released onto the shelves have had an element of crunch, overtime, and the blood, sweat and tears of several team members (as well as the knock-on effect to be had on their families). This includes titles perceived as shovel-ware that are destined to never be bought by anyone. So why is it fair game to moan about bug-free "mediocre" titles when coders, artists, animators and designers will likely have put just as much effort into their game as the team members who have made this?

I'm also fairly sure that anyone who is proud of a game they've worked on would be the first to acknowledge its flaws, be it dodgy areas of design, some poor character modelling or a heap of bugs that were known issues but not fixed due to scheduling restraints. And, just like any weakness in art, design or polish, bugs are an entirely valid element of the game to criticise because they impact that quality of the game, regardless of how lofty its scope or ambition are.

From my point of view, though, I'm still going to give this a hefty 10 unless I end up breaking some key story quests somehow, because the bugs I've experienced haven't affected the sheer fun I'm having with it.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                    What cpu and gfx do you have?
                    HD5750 1GB and an i5 750 @ 2.67GHz.

Comment

HD5750 1GB and an i5 750 @ 2.67GHz.
                      Strange that it doesn't work. Did you drop both exe and dll files into the main skyrim folder as well as create the skce folder and drop a dll in there as well? There's only 3 files that need putting in total.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarbles View Post
                        Depends on the bugs, though - if any part of a game cannot be completed, then that's something worth moaning about. Seeing as, y'know, people are paying money for it.
                        It does, and in Skyrim the bugs are mostly really just glitches, after 155 hours on Xbox360 I've encountered nothing game breaking. Not to say others haven't, but I think I've put enough time in to find something exceedingly annoying that makes me stop playing (and that did happen with Morrowind going from Xbox1 to PC because of bugs).

Skyrim is an astonishing game even with the issues it has.

Comment

I think there is a link to the website, as it says on the thread its updated regularly.

How do you install this thing. I'm actually lost.

Edit:

Right, I realise you need to install SKSE then the mod. But it still doesn't seem to work. You're supposed to open command prompt and run "skse_loader -editor" but I get an error saying "Can't find CreationKit.exe". I run the skse_loader.exe file and the game loads but the fps are exactly the same as they are without adding the TESVAL.dll file to the Data\SKSE\Plugins foler.

Out of ideas now.

Comment

When I enter ANY town now under the Storm Cloaks all the guards are attacking the non-guard NPCs... Quite funny until I realised I'm going to have to roll back my saves by two nights. Can't be arsed now. I've had enough of this ****ty game, might wait until they bring out a DLC expansion and try again.

Wish I'd got Zelda now.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              Wish I'd got Zelda now.
                              I really think you are the massive exception to the rule with game breaking bugs, so perhaps you should have done

I can honestly say that Skyrim is the most fun in a video game I've had in 2011, maybe even 2010 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                                Strange that it doesn't work. Did you drop both exe and dll files into the main skyrim folder as well as create the skce folder and drop a dll in there as well? There's only 3 files that need putting in total.
                                Yup, done exactly that. I'll try again and up the AA to x8 for example first so the fps is slower to begin with, then see if doing the mod increases it.

Comment

Working...
                                X